Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608494 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #16950 on: Sep 15, 2019, 07:49 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Foggy and wet this morning although it's not raining. Today is supposed to start inching towards 80 which will just get warmer as the week goes on.

Eddie good luck with the greenhouse, great idea :thumbsup: You are right about the work still being there, you got to take advantage of the fishing when it's there :thumbsup:

45 I agree with WW excellent if you can keep getting out while the weather is good. I bet Mr Dickens enjoys it too :thumbsup:

WW man you guys cleaned house :thumbsup: Great pictures :clap:

h2l Yep the spots are about gone. It's amazing how alert they have gotten, and how much they have picked up from Mom.

I only got one of the trees done yesterday so today to keep on track I will need to do two.By the time I got my equipment lined up it was already 11am, so I did ok considering. Yesterday was a lot of climbing which I feel today Lol

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16951 on: Sep 15, 2019, 08:24 AM »
Another rainy day with 64* to start if off.

I managed to get a load of wood put in the shed yesterday at the other place. I will rent a splitter in the spring to split the big stuff. I covered every thing else as I will not be able to get over there until the wife can drive again after her surgery.

ww That is a lot of fish. Hopefully the charter guys cleaned them. Hopefully I can get back out before I pull the toon.

I-45 Good to here that you are able to get around more. How are the head aches coming?

H2L That eagle was probably looking for an injured fish you released. The eagle that was there when my grandson and I were fishing would have gotten a free meal if it had stuck around when I released a small injured perch, instead a sea gull got the free meal.  I saw another eagle on my way home yesterday.

Time to get a few things finished before the wife's surgery tomorrow.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16952 on: Sep 15, 2019, 08:30 AM »
TT.....best wishes to MrsTT on her surgery, prayers for a complete and speedy recovery  ;)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16953 on: Sep 15, 2019, 01:17 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

TT best of luck to your wife tomorrow. I hope everything turns out excellent and her recovery goes the same :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am working on my tree job, but needed a break. My wife says I am too old and fat to climb trees. I told her to come and watch an old fat man climb  :roflmao: :roflmao:

I am up there if you look close.

Hope you all have an excellent rest of the day :thumbsup: Stay safe

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16954 on: Sep 15, 2019, 02:00 PM »

Eddie, sad to say, no boat hasn't been off the drive since think June ?

Marv, you make a good Robin Hood LOL
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16955 on: Sep 15, 2019, 04:14 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Doesn’t look like my post from this morning took. Got to go to church and sit outside today for a little while.

Eddie, That stinks your boat hasn’t been in the water. How is work going?

Tom Turkey, Prayers for your wife’s surgery tomorrow. I wish I saw more eagles around here.

Whopper Stopper, Are you trimming the trees or taking them down. I miss doing tree work and logging.

Mason Eddie, Hope you get to go fishing with your son and catch some Salmon.

WallyWorld, Sounds like everyone had a great time. Good that the fish were cooperative. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

I hope everyone had a good day and that everyone has a great night. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16956 on: Sep 15, 2019, 05:58 PM »
Good evening everyone ;) :bow:

45 I am taking them down, chipping the brush and hauling the wood home. The one in the picture was one of the medium ones, there are 3 somewhat larger. All in all it's a good job.

Eddie I grabbed the cards and there was one video with Arrow in it, so I will post it.

Hope everyone has a good evening :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16957 on: Sep 15, 2019, 06:24 PM »
Good evening, nice day temperature got into the low eighties starting to see some Fall colors. The ninth would have been my dad's eighty eighth birthday made trip to cemetery  earlier today to put flowers on his and other relatives graves.Took to back buildings of my complex thankfully no external signs of fire damage.
Whopper Stopper that is great news about your wife's eye. The fawns are growing up also noticed the spots gone from their coats.  Thanks for all the photos.
Hunts2long congratulations on the walleyes. Think your wife and daughter enjoy shopping for things other then groceries. Good luck at the bowling alley tonight.
Tom Turkey best to your wife with tomorrow's surgery and her recovery. Good to hear no problems with the new shower. Hope you found the water shut off for the vanity.
Icefisher-45 happy to read your getting out of the house. I'm guessing your young neighbor does not have a dog so he enjoys time spent with Mr.Dickens. Nice photos of the squirrel.
Eddie may the improv. green house work and result in a few more peppers. Have a good trip with your son's chasing the salmon whenever it happens.
Wallyworld good job on the walleyes sounds like a great trip.
IFF may you find time to take your boat out before things get to cool/cold.

Have a safe and pleasant evening.
  Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16958 on: Sep 15, 2019, 06:46 PM »
Steve, shooting for the 2nd when the loves to fish niece is in town.
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16959 on: Sep 15, 2019, 11:03 PM »
Good Evening/morning, Sleep isn’t my friend tonight. Headache is very bad. My wife is starting to agree with the surgeon that it could have been caused by a concussion. Posts seem to keep disappearing. My wife is going to be working today. Has 3 days in a row off. Her hrs have been cut. Hoping to hear about the settlement.

Mr Clean, Condolences on your loss. My moms anniversary is at the end of the month and my dads is at the end of October. Always hard to be without our parents. That’s good no external damage to the rear of the building and good no one got hurt.

IFF, Hopefully the niece who loves to fish will be there on the second. How is work going?

Whopper Stopper, Thank you for sharing those videos and that’s good news Arrow is doing well.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. God Bless.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16960 on: Sep 16, 2019, 04:58 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Eddie hope you and the crew have an excellent week :thumbsup:

45 sorry to read you had a bad night. Hope today is better :thumbsup:

IW hope you had, or are having  a fantastic vacation :thumbsup:

mr.clean memories of Dad always hard. Glad to were able to make it with the flowers :thumbsup:

Back to my tree job today. I doubt I will go much longer than mid-day as the temps and humidity today and tomorrow are going to be ugly. Other than getting it done the homeowner wants me to take it easy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16961 on: Sep 16, 2019, 05:58 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......feeling under the weather today  ??? ;)2  hope the fishing is good  @)

WS......careful climbing those darn trees, don't know about too old or too fat but.........I did hear you're not 18 anymore  :whistle: :roflmao:

IF45.....hope the pain management people can get the headaches under control  :)

IFF.....that's a long time to go w/o any water therapy sessions  :(

TT......thoughts and prayers are with you and MrsTT today  ;)

H2L.....hope the bowling went well  :)   looks like a good week for some fishing  :thumbsup:

Went for a nice ride yesterday, stopped at a Wolf Management place pretty interesting  :thumbsup:  then stopped at a state park and checked out the fish ponds  :thumbsup: 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16962 on: Sep 16, 2019, 06:41 AM »
51* and foggy.
WW, nice pictures, thanks for sharing. There were a lot of bikes around yesterday.
I didn't bowl very well last night. We loss all 4 points. It is early in the season.
This week looks good. They must have the gates wide open at the dam, the lake is dropping very fast.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16963 on: Sep 16, 2019, 09:46 AM »
Good morning cloudy sky with light wind currently 65 heading to low seventies for the day's high temperature with a slight chance of rain according to the weather guessers. I see the weather guessers are now saying tropical storm/hurricane Humberto may pass over the Bahamas causing more damage to that nation. Also be on the watch for rising gas prices on Saturday some terrorist group use a drone/drones to bomb an oil field/refinery in U.A.E./Saudi Arabia . Also see we lost two rock stars from the late 1970's -80's Rick Ocasek from the cars and Eddie Money.
IFF good to read you have a date for niece's visit and plan to fish with her.
Icefisher-45 thank you for your kindness my father's passing is not a recent event lost him back in March of 2008. Sorry to hear you are still being bothered by the headaches. May you receive some news on your case this week.
Whopper Stopper may all go well with the remaining work on the tree job. Don't try and play Tarzan swinging through the trees. ;D :whistle: Thank you also for your kind words.
Wallyworld likes like you had a nice weekend are you allowed to fish the ponds in the state park some nice looking trout in your photos. Please send me a PM with information on the wolf management facility looks like a place I would like to visit.
Hunts2long may you bowl better next week.  Do they have regular water releases from GSL to keep water at a certain level and temperature for fish in the Sacandaga river.
Eddie hope only a shortage of time kept you from posting this morning.

Have a safe and good Monday. Best to all casting a line today.
   Steve

Online masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #16964 on: Sep 17, 2019, 02:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Another beautiful day heading this way. Clear and calm 49* this am with a high of 70.

Steve...time wasn’t on my side yesterday, good call. My condolences sent also to you on your Dads Birthday, never easy at any age.
  H2...better luck to you and the team with a sweep this Sunday! Looking like a great week of weather here, good luck finding some of those bigger walleyes!    :thumbsup:
  Wally...thanks for sharing the pictures of your fishing trip and ride, great job and congratulations!  :clap: :thumbsup:
Sons informed me last evening they were heading to the river on Monday, so looks like my Dr. appointment is now scheduled.  ;D
  Marv...glad to see Arrow still holding her own, thanks for the video and the tree picture, awesome! Man, that’s a long way up in that tree! Hope the job is going well, best wishes with a safe finish!    :thumbsup:
  I-45...sorry those headaches are still lingering yet, hope they’ve passed and some good news is heading your way on the settlement soon...hang in there!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...good luck on a banner fishing trip with your niece, enjoy!!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff... hope you had great time, good weather, and safe travels home!     :thumbsup:

Not much to share here on my end today, still making progress on safer sidewalks for the State workers each passing day, lol. Our flag remains in place where we fastened it and will fly high until we finish up.  :thumbsup:
  Anxious to get through this week and hopefully tangle with some salmon with the boys. Plan on going up Sunday and spending the day solo, meeting up with my sons Monday morning.
  Time to get ready for another action packed day with the concrete, lol, Cawfee’s on gang!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16965 on: Sep 17, 2019, 04:58 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

It's already 72 with a high today about 86 with tropical dew points :%$#!:

Eddie I hope your fishing trip comes together, it sounds awesome :thumbsup:

WW excellent pictures, Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

My body tells me I need to take the day off from trees, so I am going to listen to it and get a few other things done. I need to get a tire fixed on a trailer and I need to look at another tree job.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16966 on: Sep 17, 2019, 05:17 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, ER's,
                         It's 50* and clear here on my hill and nice to be home,
                         Eddie.........I'm glad to read that the flag is still flying until your job is done.  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
                         Marv..........Listen to your body, maybe it's time you do less tree work. ???
                         I have a lot of catching up to do, I'll do that later, I just wanted to chime in that I"M BACK LIVE AND WELL!
                         We had a great time the weather guessers stated before we went that the weather wasn't going to be too good but it turned out great.
               I myself didn't do to much but my wife and friends were in the hot tub and pool a lot. My wife and I did walk on the beach every morning looking for
               sand dollars and other sea stuff. My wife did collect a lot of driftwood, she is going to make a wreath with it. and lots of eating, we found lots of new
               places to eat at. And Steve we made back to the Maine Diner.
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out fishing

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16967 on: Sep 17, 2019, 05:27 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....welcome back, glad you had a great time  :thumbsup: :clap:

WS.....good idea taking a day of rest  :flex:   hope it's nothing more serious than a few aches and pains today  :-\ 

Eddie.....we're going to Ontario tomorrow & Thursday looking for a salmon or two in the lake, I'll keep you posted  ;)2

MrC....this was along the ponds  ::)  :'(

Taking MrWW's truck to have the cap put on today  :thumbsup:  And getting things ready to head to the big lake tomorrow for a couple days  :flex: :thumbsup:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16968 on: Sep 17, 2019, 06:12 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 43* here right now. Weather guessers are saying in the 70s today. My wife is home today so going to the State park to walk around. Going to look at a truck for me. 04 F150 supercab that popped up at a local used car lot. She wants me to be able to get around locally so I can go to church and bible study when she’s not home. They came and worked on the siding yesterday. Would be nice to not be here. Banging makes my headache worse.

WallyWorld, Hope the Salmon are biting and sounds like a great trip. That’s good news the cap is in.

Ice Wanderer, Welcome back, Glad you had good weather for your vacation. There definitely is great places to eat. Hoping once this is all over we can take a trip there. My wife likes going to Oqonquit.

Whopper Stopper, Good your listening to your body and taking a day and letting your body rest.

Mason Eddie, Sound like a great time planned for the weekend. That’s good no one has removed your flag.

Mr Clean, Hope you have a good day and it’s not humid today.

Hunts2long, Hope you have a better bowling night next week.

I hope everyone has a great day and to those on the water tight lines. Hoping for early ice this year. God Bless

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16969 on: Sep 17, 2019, 07:12 AM »
Quick post before I head back to the hospital.

The wife's surgery went well yesterday. As she was waiting to get prepped for surgery she looked  over at the nurses station recognizing a nurse as one she had worked with years ago. That nurse was the one that prepped her. They got a lot of reminiscing done. Her daughter came an set with me. When I called her last night my son, DIL, grand daughter and her husband had been there. They had the wife up and taking a few steps when I called her. She has not had any pain but has had a lot of pain killers so far along with the nerve block. I am headed back down in a few. I have a caregivers class  to go to around noon. She should be coming home tomorrow.

Marve We need a video of you climbing. I am glad I decided to sell the climbing gear that I inherited from my uncle so I did not get the urge to try it out.

IW Welcome back home! I am sure you enjoyed your trip.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16970 on: Sep 17, 2019, 07:44 AM »
Tom Turkey, That’s good news the surgery went well. It’s amazing how quickly they get patients out of bed after surgery. She’ll be happy to be home.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16971 on: Sep 17, 2019, 08:43 AM »
TT....so glad to hear all went well  :)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16972 on: Sep 17, 2019, 09:31 AM »
Good morning blue sky and sunshine currently in the low sixties headed to a high of seventy five. Enjoying the lower humidity levels have to pick up some seasonal food items next grocery shopping trip .
Eddie good to hear you may be headed to Pulaski this weekend with your sons. Hope the flag is illuminated if you leave it up at night.
Whopper Stopper smart idea taking a rest day don't need to be sore while trying to move around a tree.
Ice Wanderer welcome back glad the weather was nice during your trip.Plenty of places to eat at and shop in that part of Maine. How was the meal at Maine Diner.
Wallyworld good to read the truck cap arrived and is being installed. Have a good trip to Lake Ontario. The state park looks like a nice place to visit from your photos even if you can not fish the ponds.
Icefisher-45 have a good time at the park. Just be careful buying an older vehicle never know how well kept it was be previous owner. I've vacationed just north of Ogonquit in Wells a couple times nice area.
Tom Turkey happy for your wife and you her surgery went well and she will be released tomorrow. Glad your son,DIL, granddaughter and her husband visited the hospital.

Have a good Tuesday. Best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16973 on: Sep 17, 2019, 01:28 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

IW Welcome back  :clap:

TT glad to read the surgery went well :thumbsup:

WW best of luck fishing tomorrow  :thumbsup:

I have a couple videos to share, hope everyone is having an excellent day.

WS

Online masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #16974 on: Sep 17, 2019, 03:22 PM »
Afternoon All,
  Tom...that’s wonderful news on your wife...way to go Mrs.TT!! :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:
  Welcome back Jeff, glad you had a great time and trip!!   :thumbsup: :clap:
  Marv...just shared the videos with my granddaughter...and again, and again, lol....not sure who had the bigger smile, Thank You!   :bow:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16975 on: Sep 17, 2019, 05:27 PM »
Evening all,

WS....Hope you're feeling better tonight  ;)  Thanks for the videos, love watching the deer eat apples  ;D

TT....hope the class went well today so you'll be ready to play nurse tomorrow  :flex: :thumbsup:

IF45.....beautiful day to spend in the park  :clap:  how was the truck  ???

IW.....vacations are great, but there's no place like home right  ???   :woot:

Finally got the truck complete now

hooking up the boat early in the morning, fishing tomorrow and Thursday  :thumbsup:  we WILL get a salmon sooner or later  :roflmao: 

Have a good night and good day tomorrow. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16976 on: Sep 17, 2019, 05:56 PM »
WW

The cap is sharp, heck the whole unit is sharp :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16977 on: Sep 17, 2019, 06:25 PM »
Thank you sir 😁

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16978 on: Sep 17, 2019, 08:28 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Went to my first Knights of Columbus meeting. It was interesting. We went to the park today and walked around. Good to be getting out. They were working on the house. The banging makes my headache worse. Have a appointment with the pain clinic on Thursday. Hoping they can figure out what’s causing them.

WallyWorld, The truck looks awesome.

Whopper Stopper, Thank you for sharing those videos. Always help my day get better.

Mr Clean, Hope you enjoyed the lower humidity and went shopping for the seasonal food.

I hope everyone had a great day and a safe one and everyone has a great night. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16979 on: Sep 17, 2019, 10:13 PM »
Good evening, Whopper Stopper thank you for today's videos the deer should return with the apples present.
Wallyworld ditto WS's comments on the cap they did a nice job on the install.
Icefisher-45 glad you are getting out of the house. May the siding crew finish soon so there is one less trigger for your headaches.

Have a good night.
   Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.