Author Topic: Clam Legend  (Read 927 times)

Offline graybeard1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Clam Legend
« on: Nov 19, 2020, 10:43 AM »
 Thinking about swapping out my Shappell  FX150 on a Clam Legend. Anyone have any opinions on the Legend, good bad or otherwise?   Hoping the Legend with the lower tub will be a little easier loading and unloading.

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Clam Legend
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2020, 11:53 AM »
Great one man shack. I like the fact that it’s a bit wider than most one man shacks. Some Legend XL models include the light bar, battery tray and cover. Good quality tent also. I added hifax runners to the bottom of mine as well. Several videos on YouTube.

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2020, 12:01 PM »
I have the legend XL for 5 years now  Not a Clam fan but really like this you can fish 2 holes 2 people if your skinny ;D not recommended but possible. The seat comes out so it is lighter to lift in car/truck I little heavy for me but doable I would not hesitate to get another one. Small buddy heater keeps you in your t-shirt most days

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2020, 12:20 PM »
Looked at the Clam Legend.  Really like this layout, and for a one man shack it fishes like a large unit.  Seems to have plenty of room.  I ended up getting the Yukon for the extra space and having someone fish with me.  But for the weight of the unit, and the overall setup - its a great shack. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2020, 01:17 PM »
Clam website says Legend XL thermal weighs 60 lbs. add gear and weight goes up.  Does that work for you?  Good luck.

Offline jamiehughes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • open water sucks!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2020, 02:06 PM »
kinda looks like the old fish trap pro..  I've had a few of those pro shelters and love em being a big dude.. plenty of room just wish it was a tad taller so when I stand up to fight a fish I don't have to hunch down but that is my only complaint.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2020, 02:27 PM »
My bro in law has one and its a huge one man compared to my scout xl thermal.it has poles that extend and its pretty tall.only thing i didnt like was the weight and extendable poles.i like true flip and go shanties.

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2020, 03:39 PM »
I would agree the extendable poles are a pain at times but nothing to bad to deal with.

Offline DrummerManDrew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2020, 04:29 PM »
I have run a variety of Clam over the last several years to suits, pop up and other odds and ends. I think they build some items well and other stuff you go elsewhere for. I had a legend and enjoyed it. I got out of it because I usually fish with other people but that’s just my preference. Sometimes I fish with several people in my hut and that was a factor into my choice. The Legend was a great sled and I had no issues with it. It has that 900 denier which is nice but with it being small it’s pretty easy to heat with a little buddy.
Be well and DO Good Work!

Offline ajg0303

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 2020, 09:33 PM »
I run a Legend XL And absolutely love it!

Offline PACKERBACKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Retired
« Reply #10 on: Nov 29, 2020, 02:57 PM »
I've had my Legend XL Thermal for 4 years. Love it. Especially the light colored tub. I drop stuff all the time and the light colored tub makes finding things easier for these old eyes.
Winners don't know they're in a race.

They just like to run.

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 29, 2020, 04:12 PM »
I agree only 47 years old but still that grey tub sure helps ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.