The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Skimmer for less than 6 inch holes  (Read 6938 times)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Re: Skimmer for less than 6 inch holes
« Reply #30 on: Sep 26, 2019, 04:10 AM »
Not an ice skimmer per se but still a real skimmer. Looks to be a 4 incher in silicone so you can smack to ice off'n it with out breaking or bending it. Lots of other choices if you poke around the kitchen a bit.

Unconventional Skimmer

To keep the ice off? Gonna try sumpin' this year. A small spray bottle with 50/50 mix of Isopropyl and water. More so to use on the bottom of my locator. Tends to get quite a build up on the Genz box. We'll see.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Sep 26, 2019, 07:37 AM »
.. hopefully no hard feelings come from this Mr. Cranks lot .. lol's  this is a fun forum no need  to hide what is legal as in takeing  fish legally!

nope---not at all. Ready for a bit of 'topic drift' after the OP had gotten soo many good answers. I'm more of the catch & cook persuasion.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Sep 26, 2019, 11:35 AM »
To keep the ice off? Gonna try sumpin' this year. A small spray bottle with 50/50 mix of Isopropyl and water. More so to use on the bottom of my locator. Tends to get quite a build up on the Genz box. We'll see.

I heard water soluble antI freeze made with vegetable products works to keep whole clear.. used for rv fresh water systems.. but I don't like putting nothing in a lake that is not there already!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.