The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Sleeper Shanty Rentals  (Read 7149 times)

Offline Evinrude58

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sleeper Shanty Rentals
« on: Oct 15, 2017, 12:50 PM »
A couple of friends and I are trying to plan a trip for this coming season. We want to rent a sleeper shanty to maximize our fishing time. I have looked but can't seem to find info that is up to date on where I can rent a sleeper shanty. Is there anyone in Wisconsin that rents these type units?

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Sleeper Shanty Rentals
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2017, 01:09 PM »
Look up bait stores in the area you want to fish and call them. I'm sure they can point you in a good direction..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline LENNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2017, 11:43 AM »
Wisconsin is pretty large with a lot of places to fish, what area are you planning to head to? Never heard of anyone with sleeper shacks in the southern half of the state. You might want to look into Why Knot Guide service, they have shacks out on Green Bay for whitefish/walleyes, not sure about over night though. Good luck.

Lenny

Offline BH2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont wish your life away!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2017, 08:42 AM »
We have also been searching with zero luck. Not sure why they haven't taken off here like they have other places.

Offline Evinrude58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2017, 06:45 PM »
My friends really are set on the sleeper shanty but don't seem to care about a specific lake just don't want to drive 19 hours to Minn.

Lenny thanks will check that place out as Green Bay is only about 9 hours.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2017, 07:37 AM »
I'm pretty sure McCormicks River Guide Service offers sleeper shacks on Lake Onalaska. It is a friend of a friend and I want to say he has a couple shacks he rents out each year on top of guiding.
Da Pack!

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2017, 08:24 PM »
I'm not sure how to get you in touch. But I recall seeing posts on that other fishing site "L-L" on fox lake about a sleeper shack with a couple of bunks for rent. I can't vouch for they're services, and I don't believe they had more than one shack they were renting at the time. Fox lake if your not familiar, is halfway between Madison and Oshkosh if I'm not mistaken around the beaver dam area. If your looking for destination fishing with lots of action and can get by without a sleeper shack I would highly recommend white fishing green bay or getting in touch with Troy Peterson or Larry smith and hitting lake Winnebago for a truly mixed bag of fast paced fishing.

Offline illinoisicer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2017, 10:02 PM »
Whyknot in Greenbay/sturgeon bay does have sleeper shacks. We were up last season for Whitefish and Walleye. Shack we had was warm and adequate. Bring plenty of beer tho. We limited out on Whitefish by noon and the eye bite isn’t until sundown.

There are sleeper shacks on Fox Lake and Big Green Lake. The Fox Lake one is ran by a bar on the lake Pork and Mama’s (?) never stayed in them but met some guys that rent em every year.

Offline Evinrude58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 26, 2017, 06:26 PM »
Thanks for the info gives me a couple places to begin. I better get started and get booked before they are booked solid.

Offline BH2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont wish your life away!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2018, 07:47 AM »
Hey Evinrude58 was wondering how this turned out for you? Who did you end up going with?

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2018, 09:52 AM »
If memory serves, I thought this resort out of Presque Isle had sleepers.

http://sunrise-resort.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.