New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SARATOGA LAKE BS THREAD  (Read 222923 times)

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
Re: SARATOGA LAKE BS THREAD
« Reply #90 on: Feb 05, 2014, 11:47 PM »
Great job.       Toga can be a good place to go
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #91 on: Feb 06, 2014, 05:51 AM »
Great day of fishing! :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline iceangler442

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice?
« Reply #92 on: Feb 06, 2014, 06:18 AM »
Thanks guys...and yeah the weather was rough and pulling that sled out there wasn't fun either but it was all worth it in the end.

Offline rvz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Feb 06, 2014, 06:42 AM »
Nice pile o perch!  Sure is nice when you find them.  'Toga can be a fickle lake...day-to-day...even hour-to-hour.  Congrats!

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #94 on: Feb 06, 2014, 10:03 AM »
Yes the rock bass are good eatin' and thanks guys..

Darn right they are.  Freshwater grouper is what I call em and they are as good as perch or crappie ;) 

Offline Icejam28

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #95 on: Feb 06, 2014, 11:31 AM »
This morning the boat launch was not plowed, too much snow for my vehicle and I wasn't sure if I could park elsewhere legally in the same area. Does anyone know if it is plowed out yet? I guess I never really paid attention to whether it was maintained after storms...

Offline pannyjigger79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Feb 07, 2014, 06:02 AM »
Has there been alot of guys fishing off of fitch road any one know?

Offline iceangler442

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice?
« Reply #97 on: Feb 07, 2014, 07:35 AM »
I was out there wednesday and it was just me and another guy. Then again..it was storming out.

Offline pannyjigger79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #98 on: Feb 07, 2014, 07:37 AM »
I can remember going out there a few years ago, there would be 10-15 guys out there, everyone jigging up blue gills and a occasional crappie.

Offline Pickeralpicker91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Feb 07, 2014, 09:09 AM »
I can remember going out there a few years ago, there would be 10-15 guys out there, everyone jigging up blue gills and a occasional crappie.

There are tons and tons of people out there on the weekends still, its just the storm that shuts people out.

Offline PeterC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #100 on: Feb 07, 2014, 06:00 PM »
General heads up (machines especially) got  wet today on the left side of the Kay -between springs and weed beds there are some hidden areas where you can easily go through. May not be visable if traveling
fast.

Offline Pickeralpicker91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Feb 07, 2014, 08:33 PM »
General heads up (machines especially) got  wet today on the left side of the Kay -between springs and weed beds there are some hidden areas where you can easily go through. May not be visable if traveling
fast.

Good advice...this snow will cover up some of the springs so be careful.  General advisory for anyone new to ice fishing or saratoga lake since you need to be especially careful after a big snow storm because it can cover up the springs. If you go off fitch road you're pretty safe for a long ways out along with where the majority of the people are as there are no major cracks or anything out there at this point.   At the state launch be careful around the docks as many have bubblers but they'll still skim up to the edges.  Best to just not go too close to them.  Also if you're walking under the bridge, try not to walk under the section closest to the boat launch as there are lots of bubblers by the marina as well.  These things are obvious to the regulars but better safe than sorry.  Either way, there is loads of good ice out there...quite a few vehicles before the storm out on the main lake as well but proceed at your own risk.  Lastly, if you're exploring new areas by the mouth of the kay or mannings cove area you should never go alone at any time if you can help it.

Offline iceangler442

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice?
« Reply #102 on: Feb 08, 2014, 06:00 PM »
Did anyone go today? How'd ya do?

Offline phil2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #103 on: Feb 08, 2014, 06:24 PM »
Loads of small perch.other than that it was dead today..

Offline grubberfishhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Adirondack Icefishing Adventures
« Reply #104 on: Feb 08, 2014, 10:14 PM »
were you marking or catching the small perch id like to take my nephew out and have him catch fish.
knowledge-"don't hide it divide it"

Offline phil2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Feb 09, 2014, 05:18 AM »
South end is loaded 10ft to 14 ft or the creek all the small ones you can handle lol.

Offline Eagle Ed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • [img]http://i58tinypic.com/2n/c5jc.png[/img]
« Reply #106 on: Feb 09, 2014, 10:02 AM »
 Plenty of perch just South of the 9P bridge past the Marina off the cove out about 25 yds.  I got mine on tip-ups with small flatheads and jigging a #3 perch type Rapala.  One in four was considered worth keeping.  Also got a couple crappies, but too soon for them to start going into the cove for spawning.
Make sure you get out beyond the weed line outside of the cove.

Eagle Ed

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #107 on: Feb 11, 2014, 03:28 PM »
fast.

I would never go within a 1/2 mile of the mouth of the kaydeross when ice fishing.  That area has taken many people.  I was out there one evening when two people drowned when their snowmobiles went through.  It was a horrible scene.   From the mouth of the Kaydeross down all the way down to mannings cove is all springs too.  Probably 15-20 small soft spots/open holes in that area.

Offline iceangler442

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice?
« Reply #108 on: Feb 11, 2014, 05:30 PM »
Anyone been getting any walleye on the lake?

Offline phil2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #109 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:27 PM »
We got 4 last Sunday one close to 6 lbs.fished from 11 ft to 31 ft great pattern!!!

Offline iceangler442

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice?
« Reply #110 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:44 PM »
Wow thats awesome glad to see someones getting them

Offline ThisGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #111 on: Feb 11, 2014, 07:12 PM »
All this is good info and good luck to everyone, but remember " loose lips sink ships". Everyone likes to know the good spots and brag and share. But that's also how you lose your spots
This house is protected by the good Lord and a gun

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #112 on: Feb 11, 2014, 08:20 PM »
Just look for the giant red "X".  I already have holes drilled.

Offline Ammo5254

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #113 on: Feb 11, 2014, 09:06 PM »
What marina?  Point Breeze? I have never ice fished this lake but would love to since it is closer than Lake George.  Would go for Perch and Crappies.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #114 on: Feb 12, 2014, 04:22 AM »
What marina?  Point Breeze? I have never ice fished this lake but would love to since it is closer than Lake George.  Would go for Perch and Crappies.

See.   Another angler fishing closer to home on a lake he wouldn't try if it wasn't posted.      Nothing against you just a point we have been making on here 

Offline rvz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #115 on: Feb 12, 2014, 07:02 AM »
Guys that have been fishing 'Toga...and have put in their time...know when and where to find fish.  These same guys know that 'Toga can also be a classic "Ya should have been here yesterday" body of water.

Offline hunt4perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #116 on: Feb 12, 2014, 07:19 AM »
Guys that have been fishing 'Toga...and have put in their time...know when and where to find fish.  These same guys know that 'Toga can also be a classic "Ya should have been here yesterday" body of water.
Thank You for the Info. I have been looking at this lake on my Nav app for a long time. Sounds like a good lake to fish. My buddies and I will be up this weekend. Where can we get access on the lake. We have 6 wheelers and a sled.

Offline Ammo5254

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #117 on: Feb 12, 2014, 08:06 AM »
It's got nothing to do with it.  I just started ice fishing last year so when I go I usually go with people that invite me.  I keep my boat docked up at toga in the open water seasons.  The guy I go with usually goes to the king or sacandaga.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #118 on: Feb 12, 2014, 08:39 AM »

made even worse now by the lack of eurasion milfoil.   The damn fish are roving vagabonds!

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #119 on: Feb 12, 2014, 08:44 AM »
Absolutely.....they could be on fire one day and nothing for a week.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.