The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 2023 PA Fishing License  (Read 1815 times)

Offline MumbleSEED

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "If you plant corn you get corn!"
2023 PA Fishing License
« on: Dec 30, 2022, 02:35 PM »
Just a reminder to the folks out there who plan on doing some fishing next month (next year) get your 2023 license.  I just got mine online.  I usually print out and laminate a couple and place them in my wallet, fishing vest, ice gear, both vehicles.  Maybe over kill but I'm always legal to fish ready to wet a line.  This year they give you three copies with your purchase receipt.  I got checked twice last season which was not something I have experienced on the ice until then.

Stay safe and Happy New Year folks!
If only God would come down in the form of a man and explain everything to us.

Offline tackleshack

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner of Tackle Shack
Re: 2023 PA Fishing License
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2022, 04:06 PM »
Just a reminder to the folks out there who plan on doing some fishing next month (next year) get your 2023 license.  I just got mine online.  I usually print out and laminate a couple and place them in my wallet, fishing vest, ice gear, both vehicles.  Maybe over kill but I'm always legal to fish ready to wet a line.  This year they give you three copies with your purchase receipt.  I got checked twice last season which was not something I have experienced on the ice until then.

Stay safe and Happy New Year folks!

Mumbleseed,

Double check those copies.  There has been a glitch in the system that is printing the 2023 license, and then copies of the 2022 license if you had purchased one.

On a different note, Get your license today or tomorrow and save a few bucks.  The rate increases were approved for 2023, but they don't go into affect until Jan 1. Resident fishing license will be 25.47. Trout stamp- 12.47.  In total, its only about 5 bucks more.

Happy New Year!  Good luck fishing!

Don
Don Kelly

Tackle Shack
9683 Route 287
Wellsboro, PA 16901
570-724-5138
[email protected]
www.wellsborotacklesha ck.com

Shop Online anytime at www.shoptackleshack.co m

Like us on Facebook- www.facebook.com/wellsborotackleshack

Follow us on Twitter
@TackleShackPA

Follow us on Instagram
@Wellsborotackleshack #tackleshack #fishtiogacounty

Offline MumbleSEED

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "If you plant corn you get corn!"
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2022, 04:39 PM »
Thanks Don you are correct 1 2023 and 2 of the 2022.  Crazy I’ll make sure I make the copies of the 2023 version.
If only God would come down in the form of a man and explain everything to us.

Offline getting jiggin with it

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2022, 04:52 PM »
Always a good idea to take a picture and store it on your phone. Always have that with you....unless  you are like me and lost your phone down the hole while enjoying a crazy evening feeding frenzy

Offline beerbait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2022, 06:33 PM »
I'm new to PA and on my first non-res, good thing this thread was posted otherwise I wouldn't have even thought to check. NY expires a year from the date of purchase.

Offline AGC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2022, 09:32 AM »
Beerbait
If you buy it, fish it, keep it, read the regulation book first. Pa changed from lake to lake. Enjoy Pa.

Offline Icefishin Wizz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lurker for Life
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2022, 12:45 PM »
Simply pick the correct page of the PDF file. My 2023 license was page two. Print page 2-2, 6 times. easy peasy

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2022, 03:09 PM »
On a different note, Get your license today or tomorrow and save a few bucks.  The rate increases were approved for 2023, but they don't go into affect until Jan 1. Resident fishing license will be 25.47. Trout stamp- 12.47.  In total, its only about 5 bucks more.

Happy New Year!  Good luck fishing!

Don

Didn’t realize that. Bought mine today at my local shop- $32.94 😎
Where's the FISH?!

Offline IceholeHEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2022, 06:31 PM »
Always get mine first of December. Taking a picture with the phone is a good idea as a just in case.
To catch them all…you gotta catch them small

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2022, 09:37 PM »
Bought mine today considering it was goin to jump $5 in price the beginning of New Years.

Offline Arkansaspete2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2023, 03:07 PM »
I have a senior lifetime license do you have to apply for new one or use the same license every year ? A/P :tipup:

Offline tackleshack

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner of Tackle Shack
« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2023, 03:44 PM »
I have a senior lifetime license do you have to apply for new one or use the same license every year ? A/P :tipup:

You do not need to do anything for a PA lifetime fishing license or erie permit. You can use the same license every year.  Depending on when you bought your lifetime, you may have to renew your trout stamp each year if you need that. 

Don Kelly

Tackle Shack
9683 Route 287
Wellsboro, PA 16901
570-724-5138
[email protected]
www.wellsborotacklesha ck.com

Shop Online anytime at www.shoptackleshack.co m

Like us on Facebook- www.facebook.com/wellsborotackleshack

Follow us on Twitter
@TackleShackPA

Follow us on Instagram
@Wellsborotackleshack #tackleshack #fishtiogacounty

Offline Arkansaspete2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2023, 03:57 PM »
Thanks I wasn’t, Shure will try and stop at your shop when I come up gone to try and do some fishing over that way A/P  :tipup:

Offline Catchnmore1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2023, 05:41 PM »
I have the Life Time Pa Fish License. Is anyone having trouble printing their trout Stamp bought online? I called the Pa Fish and Boat and the fellow that answered couldn't help me. Told
me to go to Wally World and ask them to print a copy. I asked would I be charged like a lost license and he said yes. Big Help. Should have just bought it there and saved time and trouble.

Offline fishon814

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 2023, 06:15 PM »
I have the Life Time Pa Fish License. Is anyone having trouble printing their trout Stamp bought online? I called the Pa Fish and Boat and the fellow that answered couldn't help me. Told
me to go to Wally World and ask them to print a copy. I asked would I be charged like a lost license and he said yes. Big Help. Should have just bought it there and saved time and trouble.

You can download the fish commission app on your phone and have a digital copy of your license/s possibly print it via screen shot if having it on your phone isn't enough for you. May open up other options as well. Same with hunting license.

Offline Cousin weakeyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 10, 2023, 09:36 PM »
All good information I’m getting my lifetime next year

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 11, 2023, 08:52 AM »
Catchmore, I got my license on line and the trout stamp is part of my regular license.  It is on the second section, the one without the 2023 date.
Reads: 150 Trout Permit Annual   No separate stamp was provided.  Just an FYI

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 12, 2023, 08:18 AM »
When I bought mine in December, I bought the 10 year... When that baby expires, I'm going to be an old man!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.