IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Ice fishing baitcasting reel....

<< < (5/5)

matzilla:
Smaller size would allow for more sensitivity and grip options....a baitcaster built this way would be a perfect fit for crappie dipping rods too

ran7ger:
 i think i paid $50 for a small low pro pfleuger i forget the model.  have it on a 36" mackinaw rod with spiral guides.  pretty much the only rod i use for pike, lakers and burbot.

slipperybob:

--- Quote from: HWeber on Sep 23, 2018, 08:36 AM ---Not enough rods out yet, but same argument could be had for nor having rods, not enough reels.  ;D what comes first the rod or the reel  ???

--- End quote ---

The rods of course.  Back when I was looking for a bait casting set-up, there were pretty much broom stick with like two line guides.  Then there was the Dave Genz Gold rod for like a cheap $100 and some change.

A child fishing rod was a better choice.  Barbie or Snoopy...LOL.

Nowadays there could be quality youth bait casting rods that will get the job done wonderfully for $20 but they'll be at about 4' long to maybe 5' long.  There were even short 3' bass rods that existed for a long time too, Diawa Triforce comes to my mind.  If you want better specs or quality custom made route.

wirenut45:
hey Bart, if you wanna get rid of that 6061, shoot me a PM, wire

Tmuskie:
I've been using this one for the last few seasons. yet to get a monster on it but works good.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/fishing/ice-fishing/rods-reels-tip-ups/pc/104793480/c/104735880/sc/104543280/mr-crappie-wally-marshall-signature-series-crappie-reel/1304148.uts?slotId=42

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version