The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Cleaned up and put away  (Read 5537 times)

Offline hard water jim

• Team IceShanty Regular
Cleaned up and put away
« on: Jan 23, 2018, 08:47 AM »
I hated to do it but I cleaned my stuff up and put it away for now. The crystal ball does not look favorable for quite some time. With the warm weather and close to 2" of rain I figure the edges are gone and planking on will be the only way onto the ice. Hopefully the ice holds up for this stretch.

Been a good season and I can always get my stuff back out. Good luck to all and be safe.
If you think your going to have a bad day you will seldom disappoint yourself!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Cleaned up and put away
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2018, 08:52 AM »
wow. a little drastic if you asked me. Heck, we got almost a foot of ice on some lakes. I figure this will just wash the dang snow off the ice. Heck, we got plenty of time left, just gotta keep any eye on things and don't take crazy chances. Geez, it's only January...

Offline Freytown

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2018, 08:55 AM »
Just checked the 10 day forecast in my area (NE), well below freezing at night. We'll be fine.

Offline Gills4me

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:22 AM »
yeah its even a lil too early for me to put my stuff away only thing I wish the rain will make to river acessable

Offline Basspunker182

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:50 AM »
Too early to hit the panic button here in NEPA. The rain will make for some slop this weekend but every place I have been on recently has had 10-15 inches of ice.

Offline hard water jim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:57 AM »
Not saying I am done for the year just saying it looks like a break in the action in my area. I can have it back out and ready on short notice.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2018, 10:27 AM »
Northeast looks like it will be fine, but here in the far Southeast we might be done. Sunny and 53 now with no real cold weather in sight. :P

Offline Drew754

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2018, 10:38 AM »
North central shows the start of Feb days under freezing and nights in the teens. I walked of the ice yesterday with 8-10 inches still, but definitely worried about the edges after today and the past few. Fingers crossed!! Not ready to give it up yet for the year.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2018, 01:05 PM »
Everything should be locked back up in a couple days. Supposed to drop to mid 20's tonight, teens tomorrow nite and single digits by Thurs nite.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/shohola-township-pa/18458/daily-weather-forecast/2156179
Where's the FISH?!

Offline deer george

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2018, 01:19 PM »
was up north on private lake two weeks ago ice was near 15" . This rain hasn't helped but I am heading back for a long weekend Thursday until Sunday I am sure it's fine. Maybe a little stained and need to check the edges but I think the ice should be 12" or more......

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2018, 05:34 AM »
Northeast looks like it will be fine, but here in the far Southeast we might be done. Sunny and 53 now with no real cold weather in sight. :P
Agreed. Not looking great here in SE. I put some stuff in the attic when I was up there over the weekend. Just tidying up. I can still get it back down and be ready to go if the weather gods smile upon us

Offline Tamory21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2018, 05:56 PM »
I’m still crossing everything that can be crossed that we can get a few more weekends out there!

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2018, 07:05 PM »
I’m still crossing everything that can be crossed that we can get a few more weekends out there!
You and me both. But I do appreciate this break to focus on my 5c tag for extended firearms season! When we had ice, fishing became a priority

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2018, 09:10 PM »
Never give up that early...ice fishing ROCKS...or is that the rocks in our head?  Who knows but absolutely love ice fishing and hoping to be on ice into March ::)

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 25, 2018, 07:25 AM »
Yep! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAY too early to be talking like that!!!!!!!!!!  ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Drew754

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 25, 2018, 10:28 AM »
Nez, I can’t believe I’m about to agree with you but This year is my first full season of ice fishing and I’m addicted. Got a marcum lx6 coming and I hope to get a lot of use yet this winter. But I imagine outside of those of us who are in this forum would disagree with that kind of winter weather into March.
Kinda of funny, I’m hoping for good cold weather and it seems the rest of the world around us hate the idea.

Offline fatboy8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 25, 2018, 10:40 AM »
SEPA isn't looking too good just means I'll have to do the 1-2 hour trip up the north east extension to get on some hardwater. Hoping for a few more weekends.

Offline 4seasonfishrman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 25, 2018, 11:36 AM »
Looks like colder temps after next week.  Hopefully we can get a few more good weekends of ice fishing in.

Offline PoleJerker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 25, 2018, 11:43 AM »
Not giving up hope for a few more times out here in central Illinois as future forecast is calling for colder temps.

Offline brooktre

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 02, 2018, 05:09 PM »
It looks like you should have waited for the groundhog!  Hopefully you’re still getting out.  The ice is holding up well in NEPA.

Offline hard water jim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 03, 2018, 04:23 AM »
When I put it away weather looked bad and I had a ton of work lined up. Even though I'm retired work seems to find me. Wiggly812 said he was fishing and the work I had lined up that day got canceled so back to fishing I go. Had a fun day catching a ton of monster 4" gills and one 6" perch! LOL From here on out work will have to wait if I can go fishing. Retirement is not easy if you know how to fix or do anything, people will find you.

Offline brooktre

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Feb 03, 2018, 05:26 AM »
It did look bad.  I tested the edges on a local private pond and it was a few feet until you got to good ice.  I was pretty confident that the ice in the middle was good, but I couldn’t get my son to go with me to check.  Good luck and glad to hear that your back enjoying your retirement!

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #22 on: Feb 07, 2018, 10:51 AM »
Looks like I'll be grabbing the auger and sled from the attic to search for ice this friday! heading to ontelaunee or antietam if this rain doesnt mess up the edges too much

Offline Troutman73

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Feb 07, 2018, 06:09 PM »
Ontelaunee had 7 in. Of good ice this past Sat. At Peters Cove .

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #24 on: Feb 07, 2018, 06:47 PM »
Thanks troutman! Hopin this rain doesn't wreck the edges. Quick temp drop tonight into Friday should help tighten it back up

Offline supervdl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 11, 2018, 09:24 PM »
I am not putting anything away quite yet, but the rain this weekend and the forecast for the next week plus will make it a close call.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Feb 12, 2018, 05:24 AM »
yep. I got everything put away... in the back of my Subaru. This rain and warm night temps are gonna hurt a lot but some of the lakes have good ice. I'm hoping it won't go rotten too fast. I'm hoping we still have a few more weeks at least.

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 12, 2018, 06:05 AM »
I'm with you MIKE...

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Feb 12, 2018, 06:29 AM »
Go north young man. If you want it you can find ice,just depends on how much you want to spend. It doesn't look good locality but there's ice somewhere....... Shore ice is going to be a problem.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Feb 12, 2018, 11:51 AM »
My forecast says low of 14 tonight, 20 tomorrow night, then warmup wed-fri, but high temp will be in the morning fri, then falling all day to a low of 12 fri night. High of 33 sat with low of 18 Sat night. So we should be good to go next weekend.
Where's the FISH?!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.