Author Topic: Hmm, a Winter to remember for AK'ers  (Read 4421 times)

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Hmm, a Winter to remember for AK'ers
« Reply #30 on: Feb 01, 2012, 06:09 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Ya know, I'm not really sure of what you are trying to say..  Are saying that I am gay because I don't think I would go out when it was -50 degrees..  ??    I'm not gay, and I see no relation to sexual preference and the temperatures that I would fish in.  I find your post to be.. well childish and immature. 

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 01, 2012, 06:24 PM »
Ya know, I'm not really sure of what you are trying to say..  Are saying that I am gay because I don't think I would go out when it was -50 degrees..  ??    I'm not gay, and I see no relation to sexual preference and the temperatures that I would fish in.  I find your post to be.. well childish and immature.
That might be him sayin come to the yukon and fish. He does that alot. Thats his neck of the woods. I KNOW he wasnt calling you anything.

Offline jiggenfrogs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Feb 01, 2012, 06:28 PM »
I don't think he is saying you are gay, just toughin up, or this is deffinatly not the place to be ;)
If you wantah be a fishah you gotah smoke a swishah!

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 01, 2012, 07:13 PM »
I really didn't take it personally, Just curiouse of what he ment by it.. I can see him calling me a wimp or something like that.. just didn't understand the gay part ...  I don't know Drifter personally, but have read many of his post and even voted (several times) for his video..  Just don't understand that one posting...

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Feb 01, 2012, 09:38 PM »

You obviously have no sense of humour either.
You need one to live North of 60.
So y'all better stay South of the 49th parallel.   ;)

Offline groundsluice_pete

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I live for hard water fishing.
« Reply #35 on: Feb 01, 2012, 10:59 PM »
You obviously have no sense of humour either.
You need one to live North of 60.
So y'all better stay South of the 49th parallel.   ;)
Yeah, but in Alaska you need humor (to laugh at our colourful Canuck friends ;D
See you up the trail.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Feb 02, 2012, 09:55 AM »
Yeah, but in Alaska you need humor (to laugh at our colourful Canuck friends ;D

One of these days you 'mericans will learn how to write English like the rest of the world.
You may even figure out the metric system.   ;)

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 02, 2012, 10:11 AM »
Metric system... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See you up the trail.

Offline Griff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 02, 2012, 04:41 PM »
One of these days you 'mericans will learn how to write English like the rest of the world.
You may even figure out the metric system.   ;)

(Image removed from quote.)
My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that's how I likes it!

Seriously, I don't go outside in a dress like some complainers, so I have no problems with extreme cold keeping me from my addictions. Send all the cold you got and then some. Better to have and not need am I right? If I hear one more Sally complain about any weather that nears 0 and praises this "amazing good" weather I'm going to freak out and move. How's the unskilled job market up there?  ;D

Offline PikeSticker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another day at the office~!
« Reply #39 on: Feb 02, 2012, 05:42 PM »
If I hear one more Sally complain about any weather that nears 0 and praises this "amazing good" weather I'm going to freak out and move. How's the unskilled job market up there?  ;D

Actually of all the states Alaska has one of the lowest unemployment rates, down in the 7% range. But the winner I think is South Dakota with their oil boom. But this year they too are on the short end of the stick for ICE I think.
~~~ Keep your powder dry and your nose to the wind~!  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day~!

Offline akair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 03, 2012, 10:28 AM »
Had a 100 degree weather change in the last 4 days Saturday & Sunday we hit -60 and yesterday was +40 it was good to get out of the freakin cold snap it lasted way tooo long.

Offline landlockedsalmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My wife said its her or the Vexilar,we'll miss her
« Reply #41 on: Feb 03, 2012, 10:55 AM »
We had 47 degrees yesterday,and our normal is about 9 degrees,we have had the easiest winter in memory here in southern maine.hardly any ice at all on our lakes,some haven't froze at all this winter.LLS
If everyone concentrated on the important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishingpoles.......... ..............Remember we all live downstream

Offline jiggenfrogs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Feb 03, 2012, 04:55 PM »
We had 47 degrees yesterday,and our normal is about 9 degrees,we have had the easiest winter in memory here in southern maine.hardly any ice at all on our lakes,some haven't froze at all this winter.LLS
Look at the bright side, the warm weather and lack of snow is helping the deer herd out, they need it!
If you wantah be a fishah you gotah smoke a swishah!

Offline snowshoeinn

• IceShanty Rookie
  • catch and release except for dinner
« Reply #43 on: Feb 16, 2012, 08:45 AM »
Well its been WAY warmer than normal down here in VERMONT. Each year for the past 5 years ice conditions have waned...freezing up later and leaving earlier...not a good thing if you like hardwater fishing as I do. I think all of our warm air is pushing north and circulating cold to you folks! Dreaming of Alaska!
watch the moon catch the bite (c) 2012

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Feb 16, 2012, 10:12 AM »
I think I might take an ice fishing vacation to the Netherlands, or even Venice. Heard their canals have some good ice.
See you up the trail.

Offline lenz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 'Ice Only' Fisherman
« Reply #45 on: Feb 16, 2012, 03:54 PM »
total opposite in massachusetts, warmest winter ever. except for a freak snow storm in october, pretty much no snow. ponds are iced out (if they had any at all). 50 and rain tomorrow

burp
Member of G.O.D.S

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.