Author Topic: Part Two...Lake Dauphin Weekend  (Read 2564 times)

grumpymoe

Part Two...Lake Dauphin Weekend
« on: Mar 13, 2005, 04:18 PM »
continued from AC's post..."Lake Dauphin Weekend...Tales and Pics".....Rod, Monophil, Suzanne, myself busy with organizing the shanties....she's busy with the kids and dogs...Rod has his as well.....Trophyhunter, Perchpounder, Thriller punch holes and setup in the howling, biting wind...(someone has to catch dinner!!!)....its not long...I hear...."TH has one.....Grump bring the camera....out for a quick pic....Grump...bring the camera.....Perchpounde r has one.....Grump....bring the camera...TH has another one!!!!...Grump......Thriller has one....Grump...bring the camera.....TH has another....Perchpounde r has another...Grump....bri ng the camera....Thriller has a beauty.....Grump....br ing the camera....Perchpounder has a big one!!!!  (sorry PP about cutting off the top of you face....had to shoot quick so you could release her)....its pretty much non-stop....finally....I say...enough...I am not taking any more pics....ya....ya.....  :whistle: :whistle: :clap:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Monophil and I are keeping warm....discussing our success rate.... :unsure: :unsure: :whistle:   TH shows up outside the shack window....what's a guy going to do....take another pic of course.. :roflmao:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    here's the finished product.....                                                                                                                                                                                                           things finally quiet down, and its time to relax??? and share some stories....Monophil and Trophyhunter                                                                                                                                                                                                        PerchPounder and myself..                                                                                                                                                                                       Thriller...my apologies....other than your eyes from outside, I didnt get a chance to snap some family shots....and thanks for bring your family out....we will definetely do it again....AC, GF and MC....what a hoot....anytime...you're welcome....Rod.....a huge thank you....great company and without you, we wouldnt have made it happen....its getting late.....we still haven't had dinner....Rod shows up with some barbecued moose sausage.......I bite and squirt some....somewhere..... ...I showed it to Mountainmama a few minutes ago....if my jacket wasn't so........I would have had some more..... ;D ;D....we visit back and forth...Rod's kids are having a ball in his comfy shack....just like at home....except better....by the time everyone is down for the night......its about 2:00 in the morning.....remind Rod to take the bucket of live minnows to his shack before crashing for the night.....early morning Perchpounder questions how we get the minnows out of the bucket.....auger or chisel....he chisels......before we leave....I combine the two pails.....and am left with this Lake Dauphin crystal memory.... :roflmao:                                                                                      ...................... ...................... ...................... ............some more pics                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         and just another repost of our favourite spot.... ;D ;D....Grump                                                                                   

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Part Two...Lake Dauphin Weekend
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2005, 04:31 PM »
I guess the "Curse" followed me off the ice. Some nice looking eyes there guys.  :)

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2005, 05:03 PM »
Now now Grump...in all fairness we didn't punch holes outside...we just re-opened the ones that were there...Suzane and the kids wouldn't have tolerated it for very long outside with that "breeze".  I did get them rods ready before I began fishing myself.

Your fillets turned out a lot better than mine...I was never very good at it and don't get much practice as we primarily fish where we aren't too keen on eating what comes out or for species / in locations that we don't ordinarily keep the catch.  Oh well.  A quick question though - does a skin patch need to be left on until cooking (i.e. once the fillets are in my freezer)?

It turned out to be a long day - we hit the perimeter highway almost exactly 12 hours after we left it.  I think all the kids slept some on the way home.  They were good to us at the Chicken Chef in Neepawa, if not all that fast.  I would have to say it was well worth it.  Unfortunately, Suzanne is considering giving up ice fishing...maybe as the kids age it will get better.  She doesn't tolerate cold well, so the weather has to be nice before we consider venturing out as a family.

Take care all...looking forward to the MFF get-together already  ;D

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2005, 08:27 PM »
I had a great time among a whole bunch of friends and fishing partners.  Thanks to Grump for suggesting the outing, and having a warm shack to rally around.  Great chili, Mountain Mama! Met a bunch of the IS/MFF crowd, and it was really good to see you all again.  Rock Bottom - a real pleasure to meet you and your kids, and thanks again for the warm, comfortable shack that PerchPounder and I overnighted in, hope you got your skids fixed on the shacks.  Grump - you're an ice driving guide extraordinaire.  We didn't bottom the van out once on the way back, and greatly eased my mind after a rough trip out to the shacks.  And Trophy Hunter sure was quiet in the back seat all the way home to Portage la Prairie, looked like he was catching a few winks after 2 nights on the ice. Here's a few pictures:

Trophy Hunter and the original site with only 2 shacks:

AC and Lonnie

MC staying out of the wind

Mountain Mama enjoying some of her great chili:

Grump, cosy in the green machine

Trophy and Rock Bottom- sorry for reflection off window glass...
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline tk10fire

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm baaaack let the fishing begin
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2005, 10:35 AM »
Great pics guys looks like you all a great weekend out there.  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: At least I get to meet you through your pics and stories. hopefuly next year I can make it out to the annual IS get together. ;D ;D
Tim

Duramax

« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2005, 11:38 AM »
Looks and sounds like a good time was had by all...looks like TH was up to his usual tricks catching fish after fish.
Hopefully, I can make the next get together and enjoy some good times with the gang and some of MMs chili...

I didn't get any big gators this weekend, only 2 flags, both were low 30s. :(

If anyone is interested in doing a weekday run to Falcon or BW gator hunting in the next 2 weeks let me know, I have days off during the week. No problem driving truck onto Falcon and I have sleds to get around on BW.

Heading to Delta on Thursday, what are you up to TH?

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2005, 07:30 PM »
Great pics guys looks like you all a great weekend out there.  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: At least I get to meet you through your pics and stories. hopefuly next year I can make it out to the annual IS get together. ;D ;D
DITTO to all of the above

Blue Igloo :tipup:

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2005, 05:32 AM »
Hey Duramex. Well I am off to delta this morning and then probably dauphin on Thursday with delta on Friday or it may be Delta on Thursday and Dauphin on Friday. Oh these decisions. ;D ;D
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.