Author Topic: Spring crappie??  (Read 1662 times)

walleye_master90

Spring crappie??
« on: Mar 14, 2005, 06:55 PM »
I know this is not about ice fishing but i was wondering what to use ( in a pretty murky lake with an average depth of 4' and lots of weeds) for crappie right after ice out. I was talking to some guys and they said to go to this little lake by my house the first part of April after ice out and you can get your limit right away!

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Spring crappie??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2005, 07:32 PM »
Try small minnows or tiny tubes onder a small float, minnows are probably better. You just have to figure out what depth they are suspending at to really yet into them, but that shouldn't be to hard if its 4 feet deep, now should it?  :D If there is a stream flowing in, fishing there is probably a good idea, just remember that fish always face the current. I would probably fish just above the weeds if they dominate the lake. ;)

Good Luck and Tight Lines!

-Wes

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
Re: Spring crappie??
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2005, 09:03 PM »
I have fished a murky pond for crappies with maximum depth around 12 feet deep and always knocked the hell out of them with tubes under a bobber and I tipped the tubes with a tiny piece of nightcrawler. What pasquatch said is right on the money. I think two inch minnows would work better than tubes by a little bit. I would say suspend them about two feet below the bobber. Shouldn't have trouble finding them around brush piles or similiar cover.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.