New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Where's your SPUD?  (Read 3904 times)

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Where's your SPUD?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 04, 2021, 12:34 PM »
Spud around my wrist and picks around my neck all early ice and unfamiliar waters

Offline WALL E GATOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 04, 2021, 12:53 PM »
Spud around my wrist and picks around my neck all early ice and unfamiliar waters

and my fishing buddy on the bank with the throw rope...
FISH ON! and Tight Lines

Offline flagup!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 04, 2021, 01:00 PM »
Behind my front door, in case someone needs a spud adjustment.  Until I get some ice anyways...….
The only time I learn something is when I'm not talking.

Offline tditterline

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 04, 2021, 01:23 PM »
I'm heading out today to purchase one.  Getting older- not necessarily wiser though!  LoL

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #34 on: Jan 04, 2021, 02:44 PM »
at the bottom of the lake  :unsure:

set a trap and was moving to next spot, stupidly didnt put my wrist rope back on, and down she went. Thankfully every other member of my party had theirs. Off to the bait shop for a new one.

Offline krispcritter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Jan 04, 2021, 03:54 PM »

At the ready. Built this a few days ago.
To make a small fortune in business start with a Large one.,

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 05, 2021, 01:03 AM »
Some awesome replies guys. I hope the guys who have lost their spuds have gotten another one. And to those who are waiting for some fishable ice fingers crossed that this weather holds for a while and those that don't have one get one. SPUD STEP SPUD STEP SPUD. Have fun and most of all be safe.

Yo Yotecatcher

It didn’t take me more than my second time out to lose my first spud of the year. (Either left it at the end of the ramp at Goose Bay Municipal dock or in the reserve parking lot.)

Heck, I usually get mid season before I leave my first spud on the ice or elsewhere. I pray this is a (one of) rather than an indication of encroaching senility. I will be 76 on Friday, way too early for That type of forgetfulness eh? :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeh. Loosing my first spud of the season. Not to worry. I plan ahead. I buy them in pairs, anticipating such catastrophes.

Now where did I store that second one? Hmmm! I’ll get back to you when I remember where I put it. ;D
Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Jan 05, 2021, 04:24 AM »
jim no problem  we have  a spare any time you need it

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Jan 05, 2021, 06:51 AM »
Well Happy Birthday (early) Boggey and hopefully you're right it's not a early indication of senility. It does get bad when we have to write a list and keep it with us so we don't forget things. With all this fancy technology we have these days you'd think there'd be a easier way so we wldnt forget like a alarm app that goes off when we walk away and leave something that's important like our SPUDS. Well good luck this season and have fun. I enjoy reading your posts 👍🏻
I live back in the woods you see

Offline Sm94427p

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 05, 2021, 10:05 AM »
Back of my truck. I honesty think people need to be ticketed if they don’t have proper safety gear it’s the only way they learn

Offline WALL E GATOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 05, 2021, 10:10 AM »
Back of my truck. I honesty think people need to be ticketed if they don’t have proper safety gear it’s the only way they learn
...no there is another way they learn..... its just the last lesson....
FISH ON! and Tight Lines

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 05, 2021, 10:15 AM »
The ONLY time I have ever been checked ice fishing here the CO asked me what mine was. Told him a chisel for punching holes in the ice. He asked why I needed that if I had an auger laying there, too 😂 

That was probably the hardest I have ever tried to keep a straight face in my entire life.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #42 on: Jan 05, 2021, 01:16 PM »
tell you when i first came on this site there was one other old fart that carried a spud  as time went by people started catching on ......     so when you see someone not using a spud either there stupid or ignorant .....ya can't fix stupid God knows i have tried  but ignorant just means no one showed them ,take 5 minutes explain in a nice way why YOU use one and even show them how .....next thing running will be ordering more spuds!!!!

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 05, 2021, 01:19 PM »
always have the spud. never leave home without it.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline pikemanEd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 05, 2021, 01:43 PM »
My spud is with me on the ice no matter the thickness it can be 3ft thick I still bring the spud
Go big or go home

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.