New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Little Long Lake Woodgate N.Y. Off RT.28  (Read 3918 times)

Offline fishfoggy

• IceShanty Rookie
Little Long Lake Woodgate N.Y. Off RT.28
« on: Feb 11, 2006, 08:29 AM »
 I fished this body of water  in summer as a camp director @ Camp Nazareth. Any information on icefishing this lake would be appreciated.

Offline mrpike2

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Little Long Lake Woodgate N.Y. Off RT.28
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2006, 04:45 PM »
there use to be pike there about 10 12 years ago i use to fish there i live close by in boonville but  the camp owners association there had been killing them off they turned it into a bass lake and besides there is realy no access to it its private unless you no somebody those people don't want anyone there

Offline chuck123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2006, 06:52 AM »
There is a state access half way up the lake on the right side.  I fish it in the winter.  The pike are good size.  We caught a 38" this year.  You do not catch alot but the ones you catch are nice ones.  The people who live on the lake and have camps act like it is there private lake and treat outsiders like tresspassers.  Anyone can access this lake via the state access but the locals don't like it.

Offline fishfoggy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2006, 07:38 PM »
There is a state access half way up the lake on the right side.  I fish it in the winter.  The pike are good size.  We caught a 38" this year.  You do not catch alot but the ones you catch are nice ones.  The people who live on the lake and have camps act like it is there private lake and treat outsiders like tresspassers.  Anyone can access this lake via the state access but the locals don't like it.
            thanks the info is appreciated .

Offline Hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take a kid fishing!!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2006, 07:48 PM »
What part of the lake do fish???  I see on the DEC lake map there's a narrows........... north or south of that or both??

Offline chuck123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2006, 07:05 AM »
I usually cut off the bay to the left before the narrow strip conecting the back half of the lake. or just past the narrow on the right tight to shore.  also caught some on the far end but usaully get into bass there.  I usaully concentrait in that narrow section.  the lake is shaped kinda like an hour glass.  There is a nice ledge that holds fish right in the area described.  When you get to the lake you notice the place I'm speaking of.  The lake is not very big.  Remember this is a quality lake not a quanity.  You will not catch alot.  The average northern I catch there is about 32".

Offline chuck123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2006, 02:17 PM »
going there sunday morning

Offline Hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take a kid fishing!!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2006, 02:53 PM »
I'll have to give it a try I always wondered about that lake

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum