New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Jada Bait Warning!  (Read 3881 times)

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Jada Bait Warning!
« on: Jan 20, 2016, 01:18 PM »
On 1/11 at 8:45 PM. I placed an order for 6-bags of 500 spikes on line. On 1/19 I called to check on status of order because I had not received them. I know there was a holiday and a Sunday involved. I was told they were having weather problems up there. (Wisconsin) He said they would ship on Tuesday 1/20 and I would probably get them on Thursday 1/21. We'll see! So it took 9 days to put them in the mail! I guess you have to wait if you get free shipping! So be careful if you order from them, give them plenty of time!!!  >:( >:(

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
Re: Jada Bait Warning!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2016, 01:20 PM »
They will not ship, if they deem weather too cold, as it was, they will arrive dead and frozen, used them for years and never had a problem!!  You might have to wait for a break in weather, go to bait store and get a few to hold you over!

Offline lexman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2016, 01:21 PM »
also heard they were running way behind in there orders.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2016, 01:22 PM »
also heard they were running way behind in there orders.
              Notice the zero and below temps, they will not ship then!!!!

JJ

« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2016, 03:01 PM »
Try supporting you local bait shops... before they're all gone.  ;)

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2016, 04:16 PM »
An E-mail would be nice so we know what the hold up is. I had no idea the temps had an effect on them little boogers!  I don't like paying $3 for fifty in local bait shops!

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2016, 04:19 PM »
An E-mail would be nice so we know what the hold up is. I had no idea the temps had an effect on them little boogers!  I don't like paying $3 for fifty in local bait shops!
                 Buddy had some shipped that were frozen(wasn't supposed to get that cold) and called them and no questions asked shipped more out same day, they are a good company!

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2016, 06:24 PM »
they are excellent to deal with as i have for years for my waxies.i beleive it says right on line they only ship when the weather is right so they arrive fresh and alive. i never had a problem . the reason i get my waxies there is because my bait shops dont carry them. i shop local for everything when i can and lots of the bait shops order from jada bait.

Offline Jake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2016, 07:33 PM »
Just ordered the 1000 spikes and 500 waxies last week, ordered on a monday in the mailbox thursday , last year i did wait a week due to temps but you cant beat the deal especially when local stores usually have half brown and dead spikes. My forth year no problems yet

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2016, 07:17 AM »
Had my waxies in 5 days from date ordered last week

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2016, 07:44 AM »
They will not ship, if they deem weather too cold, as it was, they will arrive dead and frozen, used them for years and never had a problem!!  You might have to wait for a break in weather, go to bait store and get a few to hold you over!

X2, I love Jada Bait... I've used them for years as well. Like you said they wait for weather to send to better ensure your bait is alive when you get it. I've got my bait in less than a week before while other times it's taken a couple weeks. This is why I always order in the beginning of December.
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2016, 07:48 AM »
Try supporting you local bait shops... before they're all gone.  ;)

I haven't been to a local shop that sells in bulk yet, but I would if they did. I give all my money to places like 307 and wigglyworm vs Dicks and Bass pro when it comes to tackle and electronics.
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.