New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: new ice fishing equipment  (Read 7332 times)

Offline wish4fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: new ice fishing equipment
« Reply #60 on: Nov 07, 2011, 11:52 PM »
Does anyone own an electric auger? Thinking about an Icegator or Strikemaster electric and not sure, anyone have any experiences with either?

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Nov 08, 2011, 05:46 AM »
Does anyone own an electric auger? Thinking about an Icegator or Strikemaster electric and not sure, anyone have any experiences with either?

I have a friend that has one.  awesome unit.  not sure what brand it is.  He loves it will never go back to a hand or gas augur.  quiet, dependable, quick and you can drill plenty of holes.

Offline timdog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Nov 08, 2011, 11:45 AM »
lets see...
X67c used it once late last winter
Arctic Armor suit
Nills Master 6in. hand auger

Otter 1 man non-thermal from Gander Mtn on-line. shack and frame, seat and sled ordered separately as a non package 25 bucks total for shipping!!!

Im ready to hurt some Oneida Lake perch!!!

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
« Reply #63 on: Nov 08, 2011, 04:23 PM »
Picked up the Frabill Cammando one man flip over and a Buddy heater (retirement gifts to myself  ;))
👮👮👮

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Nov 08, 2011, 04:42 PM »
I just ordered a 4.25 lb propane tank from lowes for 52 dollars with pick up in store camping world was cheaper before shipping then it was 57 bucks so i ordered from lowes. Now i have to fill it up and ill be set to make a trip up to bay of quinte
let me ask you this...are you going to have to run to the store and fill that thing up before every trip you plan to use it? Or is there an adapter u can buy to fill it off a 20lber ? I find traveling with 3 1 pound canisters to be easier and lighter

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #65 on: Nov 08, 2011, 06:04 PM »
i bought the newest 1 man clam and cover the other night. going to try to travel light and very mobile this season ::)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Nov 08, 2011, 06:32 PM »
Frabil spud.

On this site I feel like I'm standing in the check out @ Cosco with 1 bottle of wine.

Offline dewey123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Nov 08, 2011, 06:39 PM »
let me ask you this...are you going to have to run to the store and fill that thing up before every trip you plan to use it? Or is there an adapter u can buy to fill it off a 20lber ? I find traveling with 3 1 pound canisters to be easier and lighter
Ill have to fill it up before I go but I live near a filling station. Im sure there is an adapter, but without a way to precisely measure(a scale like the refilling stations) I wouldnt attempt it. The little green 1 pounders arent made to be refilled but they can be and it is illegal to transport the refilled bottles. It is cheaper and safer to pay 4 bucks and have it filled by the high school kid.

Offline dewey123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Nov 08, 2011, 06:43 PM »
looked more into it you cant commercially transport them but you can use them for your own personal use.

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #69 on: Nov 08, 2011, 09:19 PM »
Just added two new reels to my arsenal New Hartford GM 6 ball bearing $9 and a handful of mortgage jigs.

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Nov 09, 2011, 05:50 AM »
Don't worry I only use brand new store bought propane canisters mr. Police officer sir ::) and I've never removed a tag from a mattress either  ;D I'm a good boy

Offline dewey123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Nov 09, 2011, 08:59 AM »
good

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #72 on: Nov 09, 2011, 09:03 AM »
i bought the newest 1 man clam and cover the other night. going to try to travel light and very mobile this season ::)

HT what clam did you go with?
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Nov 09, 2011, 11:17 AM »

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #74 on: Nov 09, 2011, 11:19 AM »
Nice gander mountain? I am thinking about snagging the same one

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Nov 09, 2011, 11:23 AM »
Nice gander mountain? I am thinking about snagging the same one
yes at gander moutain in cicero. i got mine on monday and they had 5 left after i bought mine. i would call first but they are going fast. ;)

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #76 on: Nov 09, 2011, 11:31 AM »
Great HT thanks

Offline jimd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Nov 10, 2011, 12:51 AM »
there is a new mini mall open in Vernon. The old Grants hardware store. One of the vendors is stocking icefishing gear. Might want to check it out if you're in the area.

Offline wnyhotshot

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ugh.. Just 5 more minutes.......
« Reply #78 on: Nov 11, 2011, 02:08 PM »
The Lightest Non hand auger I can find.
Keep on Keepin on...

I tape worms to my sidewalk and watch the birds get hernias...

Offline rikrad1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing RULZ!
« Reply #79 on: Nov 12, 2011, 12:09 PM »
Going to buy 3 new beaver dam tipups and stick with those might rig the alarm on them and maybe lighted flag tips. I just bought a new Clam Kenai a few weeks ago and will rig that with lights and storage compartments. Think I will put lights under the front of the outside sled too to light the ice in front of me. And making a sled to pull the clam 5600 out on the ice. Two cameras this year also.

Offline afwrestler1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Nov 13, 2011, 04:50 PM »
Well, this season will be a little better I hope. I picked up a new fatfish 949, a used (but should be classified as new) strike master mag 2000  gas drill, new tipups. A new eskimo ice spud. And I am trying to finish up my homemade sled. Ice needs to get here now.
[Img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png[img]

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #81 on: Nov 14, 2011, 04:32 AM »
I'm ordering the Jiffy Propane Auger this week.  The old jiffy model 30 finally died late last season.  I'm sick of dealing with gas. 

Offline jekross42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Nov 19, 2011, 06:26 PM »
probably a spud, getting either an lx3 or vx1 havent quite decided yet if i need the moveable zoom. and this is all to go with the 2 combos teh ice buster med, which to me is more like a ML, a couple fiskas, a couple halis. some of lindys jigs, some gulp angleworm in natural some fireline ice to try in 4lb for the onieda eye trips im making this winter some 4lb trilene for perch fishing, some other various jigs and im sure ill spend another 100 during season at bps on jigs alone. getting to be an expensive habit.

Offline tipup7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Nov 19, 2011, 06:28 PM »
A spud and some new jigs

T.S.G.!!!!!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #84 on: Nov 20, 2011, 07:33 AM »
mrs fillet got me a pair of micro spikes from katoola for x-mas but she won't let touch them untill then :'(

Offline MAJOBER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live Free & Die Hard
« Reply #85 on: Nov 20, 2011, 07:56 AM »
found an old clam trap scout (like brand new)... solo hut if the girlfriend doesnt go.... cold snap vexilar jacket and bibs.... 4 riversiders.... 2 pflueger reels.... jigs and plastics (alot).... dad gave me the old jiffy 8inch gas auger.... still workin on the machine....   oh yea made some tip-downs too....  almost ready i think.... STOKED!!!!
" There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and dark of night, And if you go no one may follow, That path is for your steps alone.  Ripple in still water,When there is no pebble tossed,Nor wind to blow.  You who choose to lead must follow, But if you fall you fall alone, If you stand then who's to guide you? If I knew the way then I would take you home."  Robert Hunter & Jerry Garcia

Offline The Busdriver

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Nov 20, 2011, 08:38 AM »
I purchased the new Lowrance ice pack kit, I'm going to run my LMS 522c iGPS on the ice this year, its going to be nice marking those sweets spots that I can never seem to get right back on top of.  I also purchased one of the new Fenwick ice rods, a couple Sahara Shimano 500 reels, and various new jigs.  I can't wait to get out there and drill some holes.

Offline jekross42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Nov 21, 2011, 10:14 AM »
the GF just ordered the Lx3 from a certain sporting goods store 20% off. made the pick easy b/w the 3 and the vx1

Online ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #88 on: Nov 22, 2011, 09:19 PM »

I was on my home from a 2 week hunting trip in Maine, so I stopped into Cabela's & bought a pair of Predator Extreme pack boots, 2 of my sons have them & swear by them. @)

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Nov 23, 2011, 05:15 AM »
probably a spud, getting either an lx3 or vx1 havent quite decided yet if i need the moveable zoom. and this is all to go with the 2 combos teh ice buster med, which to me is more like a ML, a couple fiskas, a couple halis. some of lindys jigs, some gulp angleworm in natural some fireline ice to try in 4lb for the onieda eye trips im making this winter some 4lb trilene for perch fishing, some other various jigs and im sure ill spend another 100 during season at bps on jigs alone. getting to be an expensive habit.

for Walleye jigs in lindy go with the rattlyn spoon.  all sized work on eyes.  Last year I swore by them.  would use 2 rattlyn spoons or usually 1 rat spoon and a rap.  I found the rattlyin spoon the only lure by lindy I trust.  no luck on any others.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.