New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandy Pond Steakhouse Derby Feb 5th Check in!  (Read 7983 times)

Offline CrappieAssasin42

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Sandy Pond Steakhouse Derby Feb 5th Check in!
« Reply #60 on: Feb 04, 2011, 04:47 PM »
im ready and my buddy is gonna come up with me! my brother has never fished the hardwater and couldnt get no babysitter so hes a no go! :( but theres always other days! but i will c all u guys up there! GOODLUCK TO Y'ALL!
Crappies beware!!! The CrappieAssasin is on the prowl!!!

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME, FISH TREMBLE!
« Reply #61 on: Feb 05, 2011, 04:21 AM »
good luck today everyone!

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Feb 05, 2011, 04:08 PM »
It was a tuff day out on the ice. The tournament was great and the chilli was as well.

Offline sandyponder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Feb 05, 2011, 05:17 PM »
Ladies and Gents-

The results of the Sandy Pond Steakhouse Derby, to benefit the Deaf Ice Fishing Invitational, happening at Sandy Pond on March 5, 2011.  Thanks to derby organizers Chris Jones (bigbuck326) and Vince Sabatini, Linda and Ann from the Sandy Pond Steakhouse and, of course, our own Boggey.

If I have gotten names, pics or anything wrong, please let me know, I will fix it.  Also, if anyone wants pics emailed to them, pm me and I will do so.

Perch, combined weight:

1st      Ernie Paternoster
2nd     Frank Kohnback (a/k/a PondSkipper)
3rd      Matt Rubley
4th     Curt Sparks

Largest Lunker:

Justin Chesbro

Biggest Perch:

Curt Sparks

Here are a few pics!

1st Place Winner Ernie Paternoster (L) and derby co-organizer Chris Jones (R):

2nd Place Winner Frank Kohlback (PondSkipper):

3rd Place Winner Matt Rubley (R) and derby co-organizer Chris Jones (L):

4th Place Winner and Biggest Perch Winner Curt Sparks (R)and derby co-organizer Chris Jones(L):

Biggest Lunker Justin Chesbro:

Derby co-organizers Chris Jones, Boggey and Vince Sabatini:

Random pics:

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #64 on: Feb 05, 2011, 05:44 PM »

great pics but i have one complaint .....  WHERES ALL THE FISH PICS  ??? ??? ??? ??? :tipup:

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Feb 05, 2011, 08:18 PM »
Congrats to all!
Looks like my derby curse continues.  Derby I didn't enter (kids had a diving & swim comp) & I do well. 
2/3 of a bucket in 4 hrs.  I could only fish from 9-1pm.
Managed more than a  dozen big 10's & 11's
40 fish total 5 gallon bucket.

Offline CrappieAssasin42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Feb 05, 2011, 09:05 PM »
does anyone know the weight of the fish that won??? i was gonna register this mornin and some jackazz told me and my buddy that noone was gonna be there until 8-9 and the tourney started at 7am so me and my buddy went and got into the mad river clubs derby but I was truly lookin forward to be part of this shindig! Congrats to all the winners!
Crappies beware!!! The CrappieAssasin is on the prowl!!!

Offline arcticicejigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Feb 05, 2011, 09:22 PM »
nice catch bcons!

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Feb 06, 2011, 06:04 AM »
Looks like a great time couldn't fish this weekend as my grandson had a wrestling tournament and my granddaughter is in a state cheerleading competition on Sunday good luck everyone. ;D

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Feb 06, 2011, 06:08 AM »
Sorry boggey I didn't get any pics. I always yake pics. I gave my perch to my friend from P.A.  They don't get up here much and my freezer remains full.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #70 on: Feb 06, 2011, 06:48 AM »

what would you guess the length of the prize winners would be ? wish i coulda made it but i had family stuff goin on ...... :tipup:

Offline sandyponder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Feb 06, 2011, 07:25 AM »
Sorry about no pics of the monsters, err, fish that were caught, I wasn't there for the weigh in.  Next time, I promise.

Offline bigbuck326

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 570 240 2001
« Reply #72 on: Feb 06, 2011, 02:35 PM »

great pics but i have one complaint .....  WHERES ALL THE FISH PICS  ??? ??? ??? ??? :tipup:

Now here is Picture
the winner of his perch bag 8.34 lbs

2nd Places F. Kohlback s Perch scaled 7.38lbs.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #73 on: Feb 06, 2011, 04:34 PM »

great pics man thanks!!!!!!!!   :tipup:

Offline John S

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Feb 07, 2011, 07:15 AM »
 ;D Nice pictures! Thank you to Sandy Pond Stakehouse for hosting another great tournament. Those guys from PA. run a well organized  tournament. We had a blast, caught some good fish and ate some great food. I will do it again and can't wait !  :tipup: :icefish:
I've never been lost, just confused for a day or two

Offline paperchhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE FISHING IS A SICKNESS
« Reply #75 on: Feb 07, 2011, 07:23 AM »
Big shout out to all of you who participated in the SPSH tournament. Weatherwise it was a great day to be on the Pond even though it ended with a blanket of heavy snow at the final presentations. Speaking for Chris Jones and Vince Sabatini, the organizers for the host, Eastern Penn Deaf Bass Anglers ,  who want to thank all participants for  a fun tournament. Also, speaking on behalf of the local sponsers, SPSH  owners Ann , Linda and staff who would also like to thank you for your patronage and attendance. As many of you know who have organized these events in the past, they do not just happen. A lot of work and planning go into pulling off a sucessful tournament. My hat goes off to all the above for there tireless efforts. Additionally, thank you to Mrs. Sandy Ponder for her great photographic skills.
     Personally I had a great time meeting new people and matching faces to  IS monikers I have been talking with on line for the last few months. I also got to meet two of the greatest guys, Chris and Vince, who work so tirelessly for there cause. I am sure I have met two new life long friends.  Bigbucks (Chris) promises to be back next year with a bigger and better tournament. The tourny date has already been set for Feb 4th . I also have to mention Chris and Vince brought a large contingent of Quaker Staters with them, over half of the entrants were from PA. Now I might add in closing, a friendly challenge to those Pennsylvania guys who came up here to challenge the supremacy of the Sandy Pond regulars. It ain't goin to happen baby. In fact next year a trophy will be given out to the State or the local guys who win the most points in the friendly competition. Thanks to Ernie Pasternoster from Oswego, a pond regular, Pondskipper, our lone IS finalist and Matt Rubley who lives on the pond, I am relatively sure the trophy will stay in our hands, although a big shout out goes to Curt Sparks a Pennsylvanian who not only took 4th place overall, but won the largest perch category outright with a 1.08 pound monster. Congratulations to all and see you next year for the big challenge.
VEXLIAR  $450.00 STRIKEMASTER ICE AUGER $400.00 CLAM ICE HOUSE $250.00  STCROIX JIG RODS $100.00  HEATER FOR ICE HOUSE $75.00 PAIL OF SLOB PERCH PRICELESS

Offline paperchhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Feb 07, 2011, 07:25 AM »
Big shout out to all of you who participated in the SPSH tournament. Weatherwise it was a great day to be on the Pond even though it ended with a blanket of heavy snow at the final presentations. Speaking for Chris Jones and Vince Sabatini, the organizers for the host, Eastern Penn Deaf Bass Anglers ,  who want to thank all participants for  a fun tournament. Also, speaking on behalf of the local sponsers, SPSH  owners Ann , Linda and staff who would also like to thank you for your patronage and attendance. As many of you know who have organized these events in the past, they do not just happen. A lot of work and planning go into pulling off a sucessful tournament. My hat goes off to all the above for there tireless efforts. Additionally, thank you to Mrs. Sandy Ponder for her great photographic skills.
     Personally I had a great time meeting new people and matching faces to  IS monikers I have been talking with on line for the last few months. I also got to meet two of the greatest guys, Chris and Vince, who work so tirelessly for there cause. I am sure I have met two new life long friends.  Bigbucks (Chris) promises to be back next year with a bigger and better tournament. The tourny date has already been set for Feb 4th . I also have to mention Chris and Vince brought a large contingent of Quaker Staters with them, over half of the entrants were from PA. Now I might add in closing, a friendly challenge to those Pennsylvania guys who came up here to challenge the supremacy of the Sandy Pond regulars. It ain't goin to happen baby. In fact next year a trophy will be given out to the State or the local guys who win the most points in the friendly competition. Thanks to Ernie Pasternoster from Oswego, a pond regular, Pondskipper, our lone IS finalist and Matt Rubley who lives on the pond, I am relatively sure the trophy will stay in our hands, although a big shout out goes to Curt Sparks a Pennsylvanian who not only took 4th place overall, but won the largest perch category outright with a 1.08 pound monster. Congratulations to all and see you next year for the big challenge.
VEXLIAR  $450.00 STRIKEMASTER ICE AUGER $400.00 CLAM ICE HOUSE $250.00  STCROIX JIG RODS $100.00  HEATER FOR ICE HOUSE $75.00 PAIL OF SLOB PERCH PRICELESS

Offline paperchhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Feb 07, 2011, 07:32 AM »
jboggey1 good morning this is curt i have some pic

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Feb 07, 2011, 08:41 AM »
Looks like i missed a great derby and a great day on the ice. Nice job guys keep slaying them.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline paperchhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Feb 07, 2011, 03:18 PM »
 no problem we had a great time and will be back

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #80 on: Feb 10, 2011, 01:24 AM »

This looks great Curt. You think you will be up again this year?

Offline bigbuck326

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 570 240 2001
« Reply #81 on: Feb 10, 2011, 04:12 AM »
Look good Background  ;)

Offline paperchhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Feb 10, 2011, 07:25 AM »
it was 13 and 3/4 and fat yes. i thought that one was a small northern when she bit.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.