New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Does anyone here fish lake bonaparte in harrisville?  (Read 6959 times)

Offline lyndaker

• IceShanty Rookie
Does anyone here fish lake bonaparte in harrisville?
« on: Jan 17, 2010, 02:18 PM »
Tried fishing lake bonaparte in harrisville on several occassions with no luck. does anyone have any advice for this lake? i'm assuming that it's not just me as everytime i've been there are people all over and you dont see that many people bringing in fish. any tricks, tips, hot spots? thanks

Offline lyndaker

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Does anyone here fish lake bonaparte in harrisville?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2010, 07:12 AM »
honestly? no one fishes this lake?lol

Offline Fishn'Rod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2010, 07:17 AM »
Fished Bonaparte on Sunday. Got two short Lakers on the South End of the Lake. Party next to me had one keeper laker and a few decent pike. So yes, people are fishing there and catching fish.

All three lakers I saw were very healthy looking fish representing a few different year classes which tells me the lake has a great fishery. I'll be going back hoping to ice a lunker.

Offline lyndaker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2010, 08:10 AM »
would that be by the marina? i was there with two guys sunday off from sister islands didnt get a nibble all day. any advice on getting into the trout there?

Offline Fishn'Rod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2010, 09:36 AM »
I fished next to what I think is called Round or Rock Island.. There were a few other parties out there.  I went on the lake by Ziggy's if thats what you mean by the marina. I'm not very familiar with the lake. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
As far as tips... nothing earth shattering.. I was fishing in  40-50 feet of water with shiners and a number 4 hook. 18'' off the bottom.

Apparently there is a weed bed in the main bay there and thats where the others were picking up the pike.

Offline lyndaker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2010, 06:59 PM »
anyone know of any places to get into some pan fish on bonaparte?

Offline oswegatchieEd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2010, 06:11 AM »
fished it for the first time yesterday. don't know much about the lake. i after some panfish to. unable to chase flags. with that said, the only fish bite or fish i got was a 4'' rock bass. my buddy got a 25'' northern on a tip-up. i know there are a bunch ok size panfish in the lake. i fished it a few times open water. but realy dont know where to start. also want to try to jig up a laker. going to fish it more, its close to home.

Offline connormac12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2010, 02:43 PM »
I have fished here since i was a kid. If you want crappie and bluegill go on the north side of sister island. You could go back in early may and catch 100 easly. Try finding the outside if the weed bed near shore for pike around 15 -20 feet. ive caught three 23inch and bigger this year. try points in the lake for lake trout.

Offline Mr. Jitterbugger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2010, 03:21 PM »
any get any crappies?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.