Author Topic: fish pasta  (Read 1032 times)

Offline gooseblaster49707

• Team IceShanty Regular
fish pasta
« on: Feb 10, 2012, 06:10 PM »
just got done eating this for supper.  pretty good.
filleted 2 walleye. one 17'' the other 18 1/2''. mudline removed no skin, no bones, cut into chunks. kept the cheeks and bellyrib fillets too.
warmed a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of real unsalted butter in a small non-stick fry pan on a little higher than low but, not 1/2 way to medium.
put the walleye fillets into the pan, covered and allowed them to steam while making a box of angle hair pasta in a different pot.
drained the pasta but, did not rinse. put it back into the pot it was cooked in and the heat was left on the lowest setting my stove would go.
added 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter and a tablespoon of old bay seasoning to the pasta, covered it up.
the walleye had changed color to white and was flaking in the non-stick frypan.   i shut off all the burners of the stove. mixed the walleye into the pasta along with the pan drippings.
let it set for a few minutes. stirred it up and served it up with some cheezy garlic toast on home made wheat bread.   
no left overs for tomorrow and only 2 people acting like seagulls.

Offline gooseblaster49707

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: fish pasta
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2012, 06:41 PM »
made the same dish tonight with a 27'' pike. same deal except, we added a quart of sour cream into the mix.  better than the last batch.  the sour cream seamed to be the binding key to the pot.   will keep messing around and updating.

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2012, 07:34 PM »

Offline walleyeboater

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2012, 10:15 PM »
Where is a "mud line" in a walleye?

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2012, 08:51 AM »
I can only suspect he is refering to lateral line. I also remove it and yeah it does taste muddy.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2012, 05:12 PM »
The red meat,it's nasty.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.