Author Topic: Frabil thermo tipups  (Read 3750 times)

Offline Lonzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Frabil thermo tipups
« on: Dec 23, 2003, 09:03 PM »
Anybody using the new frabil thermo tip ups?  Are they better that the regular tip ups?

Thanks for all info, Lonzo

Ice-Crack

Re:Frabil thermo tipups
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2003, 09:14 AM »
I use the frabills and I am generally satisfied with them.  On the plus side, they do a great job of keeping the hole from freezing and they fit easily into a five gallon bucket.  I just wish the flag was a little longer.

wendall

« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2003, 07:42 AM »
i just got the ht polar tip up.  it is similar to the frabil.  i havent been able to use it yet, but the flag on it is on a telescoping pole so you can adjust the height.  
about half the price of the frabils to.

wendall

gazoo7401

« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2004, 12:32 AM »
has anyone used these tip up rod combo deals? I guess you put a rod on a mechanism like a tip up but if you get a bite you can take it off and real the fish in, thinking of getting one

Danimal

« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2004, 08:55 AM »
The HT tip ups are great. You can telescope the flag & no ice on holes. I have 2 & 4 Beaver Dam wood ones. The HT are always first to be used. As for the tip up pole, I never used before.

Offline jimfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Set The HOOK!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2004, 09:57 AM »
The thermal tipups are great. Even if you leave them out for the night(as long as you pack them in snow) they keep the hole open and will pop right out with a kick.

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2004, 04:52 PM »
Hi Guys!
  I found that if you have polar tip up like the frabil you can insulate it with that insulation foam in a can.  Just spray the  empty holes with a little foam and slice the excess off with a hack saw blade. It will insulate the hole great.  or you can use a piece of insulation styrofoam for siding and just cut it in a round circle  and cover your hole that way.  That will work with all kinds of tip ups. Just cut the foam to fit your tip. put a hole in the center an lay your tip on top.
 You'll be in tip-top shape then.  O that was bad!

Da-Roc

Offline shwung79

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2004, 09:20 AM »
You are refering to the Arctic Warrior.  I was really surprised when I bought it.  It does indeed work!                                                  
has anyone used these tip up rod combo deals? I guess you put a rod on a mechanism like a tip up but if you get a bite you can take it off and real the fish in, thinking of getting one
TEAR'N UP THAT ICE!!

iceman670

« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2004, 08:48 PM »
I have Both Frabill tip ups and the Artic warrior. You would be suprized how many times the A.W. get the fish over the tip up.
I have no IDEA why.......... Maybe just dumb luck who knows.......
But it is cool to see the flag go up on the Artic Warrior and be able to fight the fish on a pole.
I hear that they are going to stop making the artic warrior so if you want
one you better hurry....

RonP
Chicago

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.