Author Topic: Mystery Fish  (Read 3963 times)

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
Re: Mystery Fish
« Reply #30 on: Jan 02, 2008, 08:17 AM »
Was eating size for sure icefisherjay  ;D
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline MnSportsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Striper/White Bass, 3+lbs, Put back down the hole
« Reply #31 on: Jan 02, 2008, 08:56 AM »
ok now that we agree it's a bass anyone have a good recepies for them?

Just fillet it & fry it up just like any other fish. Maybe with some taters hmmm...hmnmmm.
I don't usually keep LMBass, but they don't taste bad, unless muddy warm water.They taste better in winter when the water is cold.

BTW- to the other members. Seems to me if he caught it legally , It's his fish to decide what to do with it. (eat, C&R, Put on the wall). That's my take..
Good Luck & "Watch Your bobber!"
   - My Best Hunting & Fishing partner..... 21,Jan.98 - 8,May.07......RIP... We'll be together again.... 

Good Luck!! &  "Watch Your Bobber!"

Offline stickle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 02, 2008, 11:36 AM »
The best recipe for Bass. Bury in the compost pile. Use to fertilize the tomato's. Eat the tomato's

classic   :clap:

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #33 on: Jan 02, 2008, 07:06 PM »
forgive me folks, i need to vent.we agree it's a bass. it's his fish, let him do with it what he wants. at least you're fishin. 9 degrees tonight, 50 tomorrow.getting back to the topic, what makes a fish lose color? (see my previous post). cold water, hot water, sunlight. lack of? how does a 4 lb. bass get in a stream you can step across? sorry if i stepped on anyones toes, i'm usually the shy, quiet type, but i need to FISH!!!!!

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 02, 2008, 07:56 PM »
looks like a rock bass lmb hybrid to me but i can't be sure i once caught a lmb that had no colorat all in 40 ft of murky water

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 03, 2008, 08:59 AM »
looks like a bass to me. when i was a kid, i was hunting ginseng along a small stream. heard splashing, and found a 4 lb. bass in a pool on its side in maybe 3 inches of water. why a coon or mink didn't get it is beyond me, but it had no color to it at all. how it got there is also a mystery.

Because it was a bass.  They taste horrible!  Ask eyedoktr!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.