Author Topic: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - IceShanty is their #1 Reference!!!  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
With over 500 users at the moment and the server on overload, I wanted see if their were any references available on how many people actually engage in ice fishing. Just wanted to see how many are missing out on the enjoyment I find at IceShanty. Well didn't find any numbers but found that Wikipedia has IceShanty.com listed as their top reference. WOW!!!  :bow:  :clap:  :thumbsup:

Follow the link and scroll down towards the bottom of the page to see for yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Fishing

If anyone knows how many people engage in icefishing, post it please. I'm kind of a statistic nut... and totally nuts about ice fishing!  :cookoo:

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
As much as I dislike Wikipedia....that is COOL! :thumbsup:

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

billybono

yeah, how do you think wiki makes revenue

billybono

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
I had surfed on to wikopedia earlier this winter, before good ice... I was a bit taken back by the "social implications" quotes of wikopedia! :o   " Ice fishing has long been considered a 'Quasi-sport' ....mearly a pasttime of people who have few constructive or edifying activities in their lives"......man that hurt! >:(

Corny

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
Thats why wikipedia is stupid........anyone can make up anything.....nothing is based on FACT

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
Kind of like some of my fishing stories......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.