Author Topic: anyone else get tired?  (Read 2946 times)

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: anyone else get tired?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 22, 2012, 08:15 AM »
I'm going to add some advice...sounds like some of you are out of shape...hit the gym do some cardio 3 days a week drop a few pounds eat a better diet put the chicken wings down and grab some carrot sticks do a whole body workout with light weight high reps and stretch keep your muscles limber drink lots of water...fat fatigues your muscles causing stiffness soreness when your muscles are in shape it won't seem like your "fishing hard" your simply fishing...don't pull your sled with your arms use a harness...keep your auger blades sharp...even downsize for easier drilling (I use a 5")...I see guys out on the ice huffin n puffin all the time...they move less and stay put even when the bite turns off they say things like "they'll come back" or "it'll turn back on just gotta wait it out" I walk past em and go find fish...seriously tho you won't feel so exhausted when your in better shape you'll have more energy so your lady doesn't just watch you slump on the couch when you get home

Offline lastapproach

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 22, 2012, 08:23 AM »
After fishing/hunting all day summer/winter I do get quite tired actually. Especially after cleaning all the ducks or fish! No headaches though.
Jiffy STX Pro II 10in, 2007 Yamaha Grizzly 450, Otter Outdoors Ice Lodge, Flx-28, White 2010 Duramax 2500 Crew Cab, Rocky Boots, Cabelas Camo Coat, Camo Under Armour Hat, and Insulated Blue Jeans. Beats sitting in school!

Offline meier247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Feb 22, 2012, 09:06 AM »
I'm going to add some advice...sounds like some of you are out of shape...hit the gym do some cardio 3 days a week drop a few pounds eat a better diet put the chicken wings down and grab some carrot sticks do a whole body workout with light weight high reps and stretch keep your muscles limber drink lots of water...fat fatigues your muscles causing stiffness soreness when your muscles are in shape it won't seem like your "fishing hard" your simply fishing...don't pull your sled with your arms use a harness...keep your auger blades sharp...even downsize for easier drilling (I use a 5")...I see guys out on the ice huffin n puffin all the time...they move less and stay put even when the bite turns off they say things like "they'll come back" or "it'll turn back on just gotta wait it out" I walk past em and go find fish...seriously tho you won't feel so exhausted when your in better shape you'll have more energy so your lady doesn't just watch you slump on the couch when you get home
well for one I'm only 162 pounds not overweight I don't think lol I'm 5'11 and second I need to stop smoking that's dragging me down auger blades brand new but I have a power auger now so lifting that around kinda gets heavy at times...and I do need a harness I think if I drop the cancer sticks and drink more h2o and not pop ill be fine I do wear sunglasses sometimes but I already have glasses so I look like a goof ball with singlasses over my glasses lol

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 22, 2012, 10:43 AM »
I think id rather weigh 300 lbs than be a smoker...knowing you should quit is the first step!...my statement was a generalized statement about getting in shape...going to the gym can be as tough as quitting smoking but keeping your body tuned up is as important as the air you breath..it may not prolong your life but it certainly helps with quality of life...going to the gym makes me feel good and I get lazy at times but u just keep pushing forward and do the best you can

Offline bearbgone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Feb 22, 2012, 11:11 AM »
  I'd rather be fishing.. Sorry..  ;)  Anyway I do okay for going on 48 years old. I have been know to play 20 volleyball games in a row and still want to play more except all the young ones I play with (20 some year old's) want to rest. My exercise this time of year includes - drilling holes, chasing after flags, baiting my hooks, drilling some more holes, (early/late season - dragging my sled and gear around), catching fish, cleaning fish, planing for my next outing, drilling more holes etc...... And I work all week.  I do get tiered after fishing all day...  :P ;D        PS: did I mention chasing after teenagers??

Offline meier247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Feb 22, 2012, 11:36 AM »
Also need less stress and more sleep god I'm only 27 and I'm getting bad shape haha not good crap 2 years ago I could do it all day n night ugh age lol

Offline brycro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 22, 2012, 11:50 AM »
did this every day in Iraq after wearing a kevlar all day and being in the wicked sun:

1 liter water bottle with water
small salt packet
kool aid (flavor is your choice but grape and cherry was the best)
1 goody's headache powder

combine and gulp down.  10 minutes later you feel like brand new.  Still do the same thing when I am out all day in the elements.  It works.
I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do. – Izaak Walton

Offline meier247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Feb 22, 2012, 11:59 AM »
did this every day in Iraq after wearing a kevlar all day and being in the wicked sun:

1 liter water bottle with water
small salt packet
kool aid (flavor is your choice but grape and cherry was the best)
1 goody's headache powder

combine and gulp down.  10 minutes later you feel like brand new.  Still do the same thing when I am out all day in the elements.  It works.
what is goodys headache powder where u get that

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Feb 22, 2012, 12:09 PM »
yep, I find a long day on the ice exhausting.  A bit less with the summer fishing, but same sort of zombie feeling.  Those who don't fish just don't get it, and my wife has no sympathy for my zombied-arse when I come home....I just tough it out, gotta make time for the family too.

Tight lines

Offline brycro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 22, 2012, 12:37 PM »
what is goodys headache powder where u get that

More popular down south..its all over north and south carolina.   definitely walmart online.  basically they are individually wrapped powdered aspirins and acetaminiphine.  usually come 50 in a pack and they are in small glassine envelopes.  work quick and work well.  highly recommend. 
I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do. – Izaak Walton

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
« Reply #40 on: Feb 22, 2012, 02:26 PM »
I used to get bad headaches after icefishing, then I started wearing polarized sunglasses all day, even when its cloudy.  IT has stopped the headaches.
RIGHT ON, but have your eyes tested anyway
RAT
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline jjackson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Feb 22, 2012, 02:32 PM »
don't get any headaches but i am exhausted after fishing all day  :tipup:

Offline Canadianiceguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Feb 22, 2012, 02:38 PM »
one thing i noticed that works for me is having one large dd coffee while getting all my gear out of my car and wearing a baseball cap under my toque.

Offline meier247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Feb 22, 2012, 06:35 PM »
Going 2maro gunna drink lots of h2o and wear my sunglasses over my glasses lol

Online ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #44 on: Feb 22, 2012, 08:04 PM »

I retired a year & a half ago & last winter I fished 6 days a week all season I get up every @ 4 am every morning out on the ice around 6:30 & fished til dark. It never tires me out, I'd be doing the same this year except for the lack of ice here in the northeast. Tired, I only get tired when some says work. Ice fishing is my passion. ::)

Offline FishinJenn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ME! :)
« Reply #45 on: Feb 23, 2012, 09:24 AM »
More water less beer! Hee hee....but seriously, especially in the winter we forget to drink water. In the summer we take frozen jugs of water out w/ us so we always have cold water.
Kids who hunt, fish and trap...dont mug little old ladies.

<span style='display:block !important; width: 170px; text-align: center; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12px;'><a

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #46 on: Feb 23, 2012, 09:36 AM »
after a bass tournament i am cooked...after ice fishing i am cooked...hahaha...i drink a ton of water and get 9 hours everynight...after ice fishing i usually go to bed a 630 pm and wake up at 630 am...12 hours easy...monday are brutal...that's when i get my headache.....too much sleep maybe
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT OTHERS THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS
« Reply #47 on: Feb 23, 2012, 10:20 AM »
yes..there is such a thing as too much sleep but not enough is more common. What is even more common is most people never reach REM (rappid eye movement). REM is the deepest sleep a person can get. REM is the sleep people need to acheive cell repair....so the experts say.

Offline Poot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Feb 23, 2012, 11:39 AM »
Just wondering if anyone else gets the same way after ice fishing or even being out on the boat in the summer that you get incredibly tired and get a pounding headache after every trip out? Gf always nags on me let's do something and I barely wanna move cause I'm dragging tail so bad! Just wondering how u guys feel after each outing.
My wife has said the same for years. I play a lot of golf in the summer and it's the same thing. She would get so BS when I was exxhausted....."oh, such a tough day out on the ice or out on the golf course". Then my wife started playing golf with me. Now she gets it  ;)
It's all ball bearings these days......

Offline turn em and burn em

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Feb 23, 2012, 11:43 AM »
im always dead tired after i get off the ice even though im just sitting on a bucket all day, usually a good 2 hr nap afterwords helps out

Offline siyakadog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Feb 23, 2012, 05:45 PM »
Gatorade is the miracle drug for me.  I buy a 32 oz Gatorade and drink a little before I hit the ice, half of it while fishing then the last quarter on the drive home.  Nothing is sore, I don't crash at home and a little power nap of 20 minutes Im ready to spend time with the GF and can do whatever.  I usually put in a 8-10 hr day fishing and this works for me.

Offline meier247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Feb 23, 2012, 08:47 PM »
I'm. Not as tired today but was only out for 5 hours got a headache tho my neck is so scred up I move it one way and it cracks instant headache I've been thru physical therapy for it...I hope not surgery

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Feb 23, 2012, 08:56 PM »
Some people are more suspectable to Carbon monoxide from their shantys..  If headaches/tiredness are only after fishing in your portable with a heater on....vs sitting on a bucket outside all day without a symptoms its the Carbon monoxide.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.