Author Topic: 2011 season rating  (Read 2472 times)

Offline FishPaws

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 2011 season rating
« Reply #30 on: Mar 10, 2011, 06:00 PM »
Gotta be my best Ice Fishing year evah.  Best evah fish through ice- 12# Togue, boatload of other Togue, first evah Rainbow, couple of Salmon, and best of all fishing with some good buds.

I'd like to catch a Brown & Brookie to round out the season. Hmmm, weather looking better for the weekend.  Let me make a call...

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Mar 10, 2011, 06:13 PM »
Every year gets better! Won't be long till its done, gonna miss it but can't wait for open water season!

Offline The Finn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Mar 10, 2011, 06:21 PM »
Not done fishing yet,best fishing of the season right now and we're heading to West Grand...YaHoo

FRESHBAIT

« Reply #33 on: Mar 10, 2011, 07:47 PM »
Its been a good year for me so far.  I had a late start Feb 18th,  Thank you to MDH for the bait its been great to supplement some really small bait for some bigger bait hope to be able to do it again next year.   The snow hasn't slowed me down with the sled as it did in past years with the quad.   The kids are getting a pretty nasty hook set.   Its not over yet I may put out the float come open water and drill a hole in the middle of it and pretend I'm still ice fishing.   ;D
IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/FRESHBAIT/brookssled.jpg[/IMG]

Offline togueking22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Mar 11, 2011, 07:36 AM »
It's been my best year both for quantity and quality of fish. It's been the worst year as far as lake conditions go that I can remember.

Offline Mad Trapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Mar 11, 2011, 12:47 PM »
I've had a great season got into jigging big time also 1st season with flasher they have increased my catch rate 10 fold had a couple of 50-60 fish days. Met a bunch of Shanty members all friendly & help full.

;D :icefish:

Offline teampar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Mar 11, 2011, 12:58 PM »
Great year, Caught a bunch of fish made new friends, BUT, work keeps getting in my way People are just "dying" to see me? ;D

TJ your "killing" me.  :roflmao:

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #37 on: Mar 11, 2011, 01:12 PM »
It's been a tough year on the lakes around Ellsworth because of the snow and slush. The ice didn't freeze quick enough before the snow buried it. The ice is a lot better on MDI. The price of gas has made long trips out of the question. My bait stayed alive on the porch in a cooler all winter. It has been an average year. :)
Steve

Offline Litchfield Fisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Mar 11, 2011, 04:25 PM »
great year,  in fact I would call it my best.  First rainbow through the ice,  most trout/salmon in a single year,  tried a couple new places,  learned a lot more about some old places, spent a lot of time on the ice and it isn't over yet
Its not a passion its an obsession

Offline icefisha22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Mar 11, 2011, 04:36 PM »
By far my best success year. I've gotten darn near 70 or so coldwater gamefish.
"many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish that they are after"

Offline antlerdawg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Mar 11, 2011, 04:39 PM »
Its been a good year for me so far.  I had a late start Feb 18th,  Thank you to MDH for the bait its been great to supplement some really small bait for some bigger bait hope to be able to do it again next year.   The snow hasn't slowed me down with the sled as it did in past years with the quad.   The kids are getting a pretty nasty hook set.   Its not over yet I may put out the float come open water and drill a hole in the middle of it and pretend I'm still ice fishing.   ;D
IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/FRESHBAIT/brookssled.jpg[/IMG]
(Image removed from quote.)

Great pic Freshbait!!!!!  :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Skunkboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Mar 11, 2011, 04:44 PM »
Best year for me.  I didn't catch much but had a good time with my 1st hardside. 

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Mar 11, 2011, 04:48 PM »
Great year, Caught a bunch of fish made new friends, BUT, work keeps getting in my way People are just "dying" to see me? ;D

Yikes  hope I dont need your services

Offline Scrub

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Mar 11, 2011, 05:21 PM »
Sucky in terms of catch, huge in terms of learning and getting outa the cabin. After seeing that horrible crap in Japan, can't ever complain about our wonderful spot in the world...

Offline EmeraldShiner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live on for those that have been lost.
« Reply #44 on: Mar 11, 2011, 05:28 PM »
My 2011 ice fishing season rating is "10", and that is because I finally got back to the real deal with a trip to the Allegash after many, many years!  What a trip, is all I can say and will continue to go there every year hence forward for as long as I am able to get out there!!! :)

Offline Eggemoggin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here Fishy - Fishy
« Reply #45 on: Mar 11, 2011, 06:11 PM »
My first year year doing any kind of fresh water fishing....    Learned a lot
caught two splakes within 5 minutes....    one short brook trout ....  got
skunked a couple of times but really had a great time.... built a ice shack
last summer and had many fun days on the ice cooking and fishing with that...
Had a blast on the Bagaduce River smelting....      I would rate that right up
there near the top shelf....    Thanks to everyone on here for all the tips that
I have read about.....   Ice Shanty is the best......

bonnie

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #46 on: Mar 11, 2011, 06:22 PM »
As the years go by, every year is outstanding, as long as you continue to see yourself in the mirror every morning. ;D ;D
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline Fishalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Mar 11, 2011, 06:47 PM »
As the years go by, every year is outstanding, as long as you continue to see yourself in the mirror every morning. ;D ;D
I'm not sure I like what I'm seeing. :unsure:
Let the little one\\\\\\\'s grow

Offline troutslayer5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Mar 11, 2011, 10:57 PM »
Not too bad at all. Didn't bring in a huge amount of fish but I spent quality time with my dad and that's worth much more to me than any fish could be
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." -John Buchan

Offline chief10point

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Mar 12, 2011, 09:38 AM »
I'm not sure I like what I'm seeing. :unsure:
  thats cause you need BOTH eyes jim !   ;)     by the way how is the eye doing ?
born to fish forced to work 

Offline slt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Mar 12, 2011, 10:05 AM »
Worst in the last ten years for me, only because I didn't have the time.....or the weather was poor. Must be getting old. Only got out 4 times, including 1 smelt trip. Going after cusk tonight, maybe my luck will change.
diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Offline Fishalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Mar 12, 2011, 06:06 PM »
  thats cause you need BOTH eyes jim !   ;)     by the way how is the eye doing ?
I guess I'm going to keep an eye on you... I still have it.
Let the little one\\\\\\\'s grow

Offline Epkomd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Mar 14, 2011, 05:15 PM »
lets see, over the course of 11 days fishing, for a total of 91.5 hours, i ended up with 5 skunks, 8 pickerel, 4 largemouths,
a smallmouth, 7 yellow perch and a brookie and brown for a total of 22 fish. (to save you the trouble of doing the math thats an average of 2 fish a day)

did alot of fishing w/ friends though, and got out alot compared to previous years. got a couple firsts also.

adding all of this up, considering the brutal weather i fished in this year, i will place this years rating at a 7.33.

(for those of you wondering how i am so precise, i log all my time on the water.)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.