The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Boysen Ice  (Read 41000 times)

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Boysen Ice
« Reply #60 on: Dec 31, 2008, 04:42 PM »
On monday this week we cross a ridge like this on Muddy in the morning and by 4 pm we had to walk almost a 1/2 mile out of the way to find a ploace that was somewhat safer to cross. Be careful out there.

Bill

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #61 on: Dec 31, 2008, 05:22 PM »
Exactly...then that can become this in a heartbeat  :embarassed:  LT/Iceshanty Moderator  ;)

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Dec 31, 2008, 06:08 PM »
Exactly...then that can become this in a heartbeat  :embarassed:  LT/Iceshanty Moderator  ;)

(Image removed from quote.)

No picture Don what happened. When ya headed to The Bull?

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Dec 31, 2008, 06:12 PM »
Unless I'm the only one seeing it, it's on my screen...but with some site errors today...could be buddy? Anybody else not seeing the pic? Don  :embarassed: :tipup: (Oh, headed to the Bull when the snowblower "ouch" heals up and I can hold a coffee cup again  ???) I'll pm ya before.

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Dec 31, 2008, 06:52 PM »
On my screen it says its been moved or deleted. what part of your anatomy did you injure?

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Dec 31, 2008, 07:09 PM »
 :woot:.................almos t every finger on my right hand  :laugh: I went back and pulled that whole thing and re-posted it. Is it still a lil block with an "X" ?

Offline rottenice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Dec 31, 2008, 07:40 PM »
headed up tomorrow, new years day...tradition! be fishing over by cottonwood, with a group. come on over and introduce yourselves, would love to meet fellow ice fishers! look for a yellow jacket and empty cans!!! and hopefully a pile if fish...

Offline bbkyle35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Dec 31, 2008, 11:56 PM »
fished with a friend today. had a few trout lines set just for extra action. ended up with 8 or 9 trout the biggest being just shy of 6 pounds. at about 1pm the lunker flag popped up. a six or seven inch sucker on the bottom yielded a 27in. 7lb 2oz walleye. also had a few bites from perch or crappie but didn't quite have the touch to catch them.

pics coming soon
Activly studying to manage your Wyoming waters

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Jan 01, 2009, 09:53 AM »
:woot:.................almos t every finger on my right hand  :laugh: I went back and pulled that whole thing and re-posted it. Is it still a lil block with an "X" ?
Looks good Lt figured it was that picture, how much stuff did they loose down hole do you know?

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Jan 01, 2009, 10:10 AM »
All tackle, poles, ice auger and someone told me a BBQ grill...as I recall, that's near the Sissies and right at 50 ft of water .  :woot: :whistle: LT

Offline jigripper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Jan 01, 2009, 12:17 PM »

what part of the lake was that that dosen't look like a good time is the fishen picking up :tipup:

Offline Reeldeal

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 01, 2009, 12:23 PM »
I took that picture last year, I think it was in February, and it was by the sisters. I also have video off it being pulled out

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Jan 01, 2009, 12:35 PM »
Reeldeal, how did they do that...being cocked downward like that with weight of the trailer  :-\and all? thanks LT

Offline jigripper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Jan 01, 2009, 12:42 PM »
Reeldeal, how did they do that...being cocked downward like that with weight of the trailer  :-\and all? thanks LT
that would of been something to see how they did pull that out

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Jan 01, 2009, 01:08 PM »
Hey Reeldeal, can you post the video?  If it's on like Youtube, I can link it to a URL on your post.         Don ;D

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Jan 01, 2009, 03:05 PM »
Ya post the vidio if you can would like to see that. that picture makes me shiver every time I see it.

Offline Reeldeal

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Jan 01, 2009, 03:26 PM »
My Fishing buddy Captain David Good of the Fremont county Sheriff Dept. Drilled a hole and anchored his 4wheeler then hooked his winch to the one in the hole and hooked the winch from the one in the hole to his and while someone ran the winch on his 4wheeler he got on the one in the hole and started it and ran the throttle and winch and pulled it out. I also gave him a copy of the video for ice rescue training. I will have to look through my discs to find my copy and than figure out how to post it. But thats not going to happen today

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Jan 01, 2009, 03:54 PM »
Whenever you can, thanks for the info, yep I know the Captain, he lives round the corner from me, laters, LT  ;D :tipup:

Offline bbkyle35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Jan 02, 2009, 01:17 AM »
as promised here it is. of course the day before the tourney starts

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Jan 02, 2009, 07:18 AM »
Nice wally there bbkyle35, he aint going to get away with that lead rope on im. Did you catch anything else?

Offline bbkyle35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Jan 02, 2009, 12:06 PM »
a bunch of trout up to 6 pounds. we tried to release him but i guess it was pulled from too deep it couldnt swim back down

Offline rumdrinker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Jan 02, 2009, 03:11 PM »
Had a good day fishing on new years eve with a couple friends, we caught 4 catfish weighing from 11-15 lbs and my buddie got a nice walleye.  Might have to hit it again this weekend.

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Jan 02, 2009, 04:58 PM »
Nice catch do you catch the cats at night or during the day? I have only caught one so far and from a boat.

Offline bo3233

• IceShanty Rookie
  • jig it on up!
« Reply #83 on: Jan 02, 2009, 05:22 PM »
nice cats rd,  just right for fryin.
get busy fishin' or get busy dyin'!

Offline rumdrinker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Jan 02, 2009, 05:41 PM »
Caught two during the day and two at night.  It makes no reall difference, just as long as they are hungy.

Offline gulp

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #85 on: Jan 03, 2009, 06:45 AM »
Leaving Cheyenne for boysen next friday. From the post it sounds like a few fish are being caught but not many have said anything about the perch. Is it that you just have not looked for them or that you can not find them. For me the other fish are fun to catch but its the perch that I am after. Anything would help. Thanks. Gulp.
Take a kid fishing,they make great pack mules.
Put the big ones back for another day eat the small ones.

Offline trapper82601

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Jan 03, 2009, 10:05 AM »
Was on Boysen New Years day had 3 bites ( minnow robbers) & pulled in a 5 lb female rainbow full of eggs. I've been nailing big fish since early December , now ice is on lake I will start taking pics & posting them.  :tipup:

Offline jigripper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Jan 03, 2009, 11:26 AM »
Had a good day fishing on new years eve with a couple friends, we caught 4 catfish weighing from 11-15 lbs and my buddie got a nice walleye.  Might have to hit it again this weekend.

were about is the fish bitting taking my kids out next weekend its there first time like to get them in some fish if we could they are 8,5,4, like to get on some good perch bite i heard poisen creek was ok

Offline lik83

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Jan 07, 2009, 02:03 PM »
did any one have luck at boysen this weekend? Some buddys and I fished Sunday and Sat at south muddy with not a BIT! We used everything under the sun and fished all depths we could find. We ended up with two five pound rainbows from bad water on tue and that was about it.  Tried Ocean for an evening but had about the same luck.

Offline duckman111

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Jan 07, 2009, 03:57 PM »
fished poison and just out of poison on the south side on monday caught two perch about 8 or 9 inchers. :(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.