Author Topic: Lowrance Elite 4 Chirp Ice Machine....a few questions.  (Read 955 times)

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
UPS man dropped off the Ice Machine this evening so I put 'er together and have some questions....  Do you guys actually put the float on the support cable as it shows, or do you just put it on the transducer cable?  How do you guys store the transducer cable on the machine?  The ICE55 case is sweet for holding the cable and storing the transducer, but the Lowrance leaves me scratching my head?  How/where do you keep the transducer when the case is closed up?

Thanks,

Jim

Offline NVFish

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lowrance Elite 4 Chirp Ice Machine....a few questions.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2016, 10:28 PM »
i just stick mine in the mesh side pocket. Doesn't seem ideal but atleast it doesn't get the inside of the bag wet.

Offline Aqualift

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2016, 10:35 PM »
 I prefer not to use the float. I use the safety cable and sheath it to the transducer cable. It's setup slightly shorter in the sheathing to take strain off the transducer cable. I just let out as much cable as I need for the depth of the hole. This way, the cables are tight against the side of the hole with no float in the way. I store the transducer in a thermal foam can insulator. It sits next to my battery. When I ran a larger battery, I just sat it on top of it. Here are a few pics.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2016, 12:35 PM »
Using the safety cable, do you ever have any problem with the transducer not hanging straight?

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2016, 03:22 PM »
I put together a elite 5 last night and played with it a short time. I took another float from a different set up because it had a larger opening and plan on using it. I like the cable saver and plan on using it. Thanks  for posting!
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Aqualift

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2016, 03:55 PM »
Using the safety cable, do you ever have any problem with the transducer not hanging straight?

Not really. It might shift a bit over time and I will readjust, but it usually hangs within a few degrees of level.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2016, 04:49 PM »
Where do you tie up the safety cable to the unit?  What do you wind the cables around so you only have the amount of cable out that you need?

Thanks,

Jim

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2016, 05:30 PM »
In the frame there should be a plastic piece that has three "Dots" that the cord weaves through.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2016, 05:58 PM »
Saw those raised dots but they don't seem enough to wind all that cable?  But to be honest, didn't fiddle with it too much since I had to work early.  Oh ya, with the small screen, are you guys running the transducer out the back so the unit is closer to you?  By the way, thanks for the pics and responses!!!

Jim

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2016, 08:31 AM »
I just tossed out, the extra cord to me it's just one extra cord that it not needed. Been using mine for 2 years and never had any problems.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.