Author Topic: Here is the new Buckshot hogs from JAN 12 to JAN 14  (Read 3824 times)

Offline 10lbsclubMJ

• IceShanty Rookie
The first pic is my buddies best it was 14.10 pounds

This is my buddies 13.10 pounder

This is my buddies 12.12 pounder

This is my buddies 12.8 pounder

Another buddies 12.8 pounder

This is my 12.8 pounder

Another buddies 11.13 pounder

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Here is the new Buckshot hogs from JAN 12 to JAN 14
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2012, 03:51 PM »
Again NICE WORK.  You guys getting any pike or dogs while pulling those hogs?
Blake from Elbow

Offline farmboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2012, 03:52 PM »
Awesome fish!

Offline DFunke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2012, 03:57 PM »
Good work. Nice Fish!!

Offline kennymack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2012, 08:06 PM »
 :)i see you guys are still on them!  hope too return next weekend.  save a few for me great job!!! kennymack ;

Offline walleyeslayer1978

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Walleye Gods are angry, that's why.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2012, 04:30 PM »
nice work boys!
Still counting.....

Offline gobigorgohomenow101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2012, 09:59 PM »
hey, what's the current record for the biggest walleye? A buddy of mine told me he saw a really old picture of his grandpa holding a GIANT walleye from many many years ago and he said his grandpa told him the thing was a 18 pounder, he also had a picture of one his grandpa said was a 15 pounder pulled out of last mountain lake. I don't know if I should believe him or call it bullcrap.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2012, 10:11 PM »
hey, what's the current record for the biggest walleye? A buddy of mine told me he saw a really old picture of his grandpa holding a GIANT walleye from many many years ago and he said his grandpa told him the thing was a 18 pounder, he also had a picture of one his grandpa said was a 15 pounder pulled out of last mountain lake. I don't know if I should believe him or call it bull****.

Believe him. Look at all the twelves, thirteens, and fourteens coming out. Why not a fifteen? They gotta be down there somewhere.
Still counting.....

Offline mattg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2012, 11:06 PM »
hey, what's the current record for the biggest walleye? A buddy of mine told me he saw a really old picture of his grandpa holding a GIANT walleye from many many years ago and he said his grandpa told him the thing was a 18 pounder, he also had a picture of one his grandpa said was a 15 pounder pulled out of last mountain lake. I don't know if I should believe him or call it bull****.

There is no doubt in my mind that there are 18lb walleye in lml

Offline 10lbsclubMJ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2012, 12:42 PM »
The world record walleye is 22lbs 11 oz from greers ferry lake ,ARK  and the previous world record is also from that lake and it weighed in at 21lbs 12oz and there have multiple walleye caught in that 18 to 20  pound range  from that lake  ,Father zajac owns the ice fishing world record out of Tobin lake at 18.3 pounds and tim owns the catch and release record at 33 3/4 inches so hopefully that answers the world record questions .

There is no doubt in my mind there is 18 to 20 pound walleye in LML but these are also fish that can easily eat a 3 or 4 pound (walleye,tulibee,whitefish) so your gonna have to use a pretty enormous presentation to get them to waste there energy .

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2012, 05:43 PM »
I'm suprised no one has got one on a tip up with big cisco etc. As bait.  Weather a guy is using PKs, buckshots, chubby/lindy darters, Swedish pimples etc.  Some of those 13&14 poundrs have a big fish to hook ratio.  Keep up the good posts nice to see the pics
Blake from Elbow

Offline DFunke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 17, 2012, 06:31 PM »
I agree with mattg, look at the fish that are coming out of the lake now, multiple 14's. No doubt there is some 18+ eyes in a body of water that size.

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2012, 08:46 PM »
BTT, Last Mountain lake RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Offline The Cod Father

• IceShanty Rookie
  • We Know Where They Live
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2012, 08:53 PM »
Haven't we been through this once?
Old News :unsure:
You come to me on this day of my daughters Wedding, And ask me to go fishing....Well O.K LETS GO

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2012, 10:20 PM »
10 lb. plus walleye are never old news :o

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 06, 2012, 05:13 PM »
10 lb. plus walleye are never old news :o

x2
Still counting.....

Offline laclabiche walleye hunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Feb 06, 2012, 05:35 PM »
Nice fish :tipup:

Offline Misk99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 09, 2012, 05:17 PM »
Rediculous haha.

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 10, 2012, 08:31 AM »
Talk to the environment department - the last time they netted LML for counts they encountered eyes over 20 lbs.  There are monsters down there.

Offline tipupfrenzy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 10, 2012, 12:34 PM »
I emailed sask enviroment recently with some concerns.  Here is the email they sent me

Thank you for your inquiry.

Saskatchewan currently manages only select waters within the province for mandatory use of barbless hooks.  Two attempts were previously made (1999 and 2009) to implement mandatory barbless hooks on a provincial basis, however both attempts proved unsuccessful due to stakeholder opposition.  A literature review on the benefits of barbless hooks was recently conducted by the Ministry of Environment at the request of the provincial Fish Advisory Committee (FAC).  The review found that fish handling, not barbless hooks had the greatest influence on post release fish survival.  As a result, the FAC has recommended that instead of implementing a province wide barbless hook regulation, that the province focus more on angler education - specific to proper catch and release techniques / fish handling.  Therefore, the 2012 angler’s guide will include a revised section on catch and release fishing and the ministry’s website for “Fishers” will be updated over time with information relevant to this subject.  Programs such as “Hooked on Fishing – not on Drugs” delivered by the Saskatchewan Association of Conservation Officer, help to get this message across as well.  In addition, the Ministry recently partnered with the Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation to produce a public service announcement on proper catch and release fishing which has aired many times on CTV.

Protected slot limits are effective in fisheries where a certain segment of a fish population is absent due to overharvest, such as was the case with Tobin Lake.

To gain a better understanding of the Last Mountain fishery, I consulted the Saskatoon Area fisheries biologist who is responsible for managing this lake.  I was advised that a 2010 fish population survey of Last Mountain Lake produced favorable results for both walleye and northern pike with all year classes well represented throughout the entire size ranges for each species.   The numbers of fish caught (expressed as catch per unit effort)for both species was also good, with walleye experiencing an increase in abundance from 11.9 to 15.4 fish per 100 meters of gill net from the previous study (historical range: 10.6 – 15.7) and pike increasing from 0.7 to 1.3 fish per 100 meters of gill net (historical range: 0.9 – 3).  Walleye age classes ranged from 1 through to 24 years of age

With this in mind, there are no immediate plans to implement a protected slot on Last Mountain Lake, however this may be taken into consideration sometime in the near future.  For the short term however, the recent reduction to the provincial limit to both walleye and pike should have a favorable effect on the lake’s fish resources.  Also, a number of initiatives have been undertaken on the lake to improve fish habitat, such as on Big Arm Bay and Lanigan Creek, which should  help to improve spawning conditions, particularly for pike.

Fishing is a tough job, but im willing to Tackle it!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.