Author Topic: perch  (Read 890 times)

Offline Adam88

• Team IceShanty Regular
perch
« on: Feb 03, 2009, 09:34 PM »
Hello people im curious to see what all of you use for hooks and bait for perch im heading fishing this weekend to Anglin and would like to bring a variety of each. thanks and good luck

Offline IceMan08

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: perch
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2009, 10:06 PM »
For the past few years I,ve been using anything small and green that falls slowly, so go with a rubber body.  Another favorite of mine is a teardrop jig in white with pink poka dots.  Maggots are almost always the choice of bait, but dont rule out mealworms they sometimes bring the larger fish.  However some people I fish with use hali droppers and swear by them.  Remember perch are not hard to catch, and always use a light flurocarbon line (2to6 lb test).  Oh ya the line choice is for sure the most important factor!

Offline SK-PikeHunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SDFT. Saskatchewan Drinking and Fishing Team
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2009, 10:35 PM »
For perch I always use Hali's with red maggots or red dye shrimp. but I second the line choice.....when fishing perch i use a spare spool of 2lb i have and just jig and retrieve by hand.  only way I can feel them.  even with my lightest rod sometimes i have trouble feeling the bites, hand-lining IMO is the best for perch...........

Offline Novy12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2009, 08:31 AM »
When fishing for perch I always use hawger spoons.  They seem to work really well.  As for the bait, you can not beat meal worms or a small perch eye

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2009, 11:20 AM »
For Perch   I  mostly use hali jig with chain or hawger spoons.. aslo good are  swedish pimples , the  smallest len thompson spoons ,and the nils master jigger shad with a chain dropper instead of the treble.
 For Bait number one for me is a perch eye. followed by beef heart, pink maggots,  minnow heads, then meal worms.
  When they are in the mood anything small will work. and light lines will definitely catch more fish.
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.