Author Topic: Post your ride  (Read 232423 times)

surflizard

Re: Post your ride
« Reply #60 on: Dec 27, 2010, 06:21 PM »
Had the best of both worlds Today !! A little plowing, a little riding !  :roflmao:

Offline Seedtree

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The older I get, the better I was.
« Reply #61 on: Dec 27, 2010, 07:04 PM »
I hope I finally remembered how to post a pic on Iceshanty, its been a while. 

My, somewhat, new ride:

An ATV is an absolutely amazing tool, and fun too, on the ice!

Offline Fish-N-Chicks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:33 PM »
Definetly beats walking!!!!

Offline FISH-MITS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Jan 07, 2011, 04:51 PM »
"Catch Em' While You Can"

Offline Phoenix

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 08, 2011, 07:58 AM »

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 10, 2011, 11:47 PM »

1972 skidoo elan

Offline pikeman1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Feb 10, 2011, 09:51 PM »
[/img]

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Feb 15, 2011, 10:34 PM »
Finally got a tow bar on the Fish Trap and cobbled together a mount for the JIffy.

My only complaint is that the tow bar had to be mounted to high up the front of the Fish Trap, causing it to nose dive in deep drifted snow (12" or more). When you're only playing with 25hp, every little bit matters.
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Mar 14, 2011, 10:58 PM »

Offline onebadc20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Mar 15, 2011, 02:27 AM »
19?? Attex AATV. 25HP kabota, bogwarner trans, unstoppable!

Offline jasond37

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #70 on: Mar 15, 2011, 04:41 PM »
Here is my sled.  I mounted an auger mount to the front, it's pretty sturdy and works quite well.  I wouldn't go ripping down the trail but it works great for the small ride to the lake and on the lake.  I use the sled to pull this monster.  It is my first year with both the fish house and sled so I had some fun with things! 

I had the mount on the rear bumper, but it wouldn't sit sturdy with the tow hitch mount and blocked the tail lights.  I don't need any reasons for a CO to come after me.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #71 on: Mar 16, 2011, 01:58 PM »
I am still trying to figure out just what I want to do with a front auger rack? I am also trying to figure out how to stow a bucket, shovel, tow strap, scoop, rod and a flasher on the sled yet still easily accessed...

CMMahy, I was considering with the same setup but off the front bumper, can you comment on the red straps?

jasond37, I did look at the auger rack you have, how did you mount it on the front? Why only smallrides?

Thanks again for your input, bart
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline jasond37

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #72 on: Mar 16, 2011, 05:37 PM »
It's basically a bar clamp and it fits snugly over the front bumper, sandwiching it.  It has a few different holes for the mounting bolts, allowing you to adjust specifically to whatever it is you are mounting to.  It can handle long rides, I just wouldn't want to get in the woods on a narrow trail because the auger hangs out just over the skis.  I rode around in the yard pretty hard when I first installed it to work out any kinks, it was pretty solid and I was impressed.  I was going to head up to Lake of the Woods later this week and it would've had a real test, but work got slow and I have a few days off coming up.  I mounted it to the rear too but with the tow bracket it just doesn't sit straight, and it blocks the majority of my tail light.  I like how it is more out of the way in the front, I don't have to worry about snagging my leg on the auger and probably causing damage to something.  I can monitor it better too with it on the front.  Here is a pic of that:

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Sep 05, 2011, 07:27 PM »

I added a 10" Rigid Industries LED light bar over the summer, going to rock for checking tip ups this winter.  Right now, it's all done up for summer trail riding, which I've only done about 30 miles worth this year, compared to nearly 800 last year, oh well.   I'm ready to put the auger rack and drop basket back on and get out on the ice anyways.

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Sep 06, 2011, 05:37 PM »
I am still trying to figure out just what I want to do with a front auger rack? I am also trying to figure out how to stow a bucket, shovel, tow strap, scoop, rod and a flasher on the sled yet still easily accessed...

CMMahy, I was considering with the same setup but off the front bumper, can you comment on the red straps?

jasond37, I did look at the auger rack you have, how did you mount it on the front? Why only smallrides?

Thanks again for your input, bart

Bart -

I built this rack for my two up which had a basket on it.  It clamped to the basket.  Worked very well for my
auger and buckets (one for bait, one for flasher) until I sold the sled with the rack.

MD.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #75 on: Sep 06, 2011, 06:19 PM »
Mainedog, looks like a nice setup, even better with the Nils nestled on there.

Are those Kolpin Rhino Grip XL UTV Mounts on there? What kind are they? And how much clearance is there between the auger blade and where it is attached to your rack? I'm planning on a single flat shelf type rack with side rails and trying to figure how high the rails have to be so that the auger blade clears it.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
« Reply #76 on: Sep 06, 2011, 06:29 PM »
19?? Attex AATV. 25HP kabota, bogwarner trans, unstoppable!

one bad... i saw one of these for sale and they wanted 1800 buck for it! i was ready to drop 500 but 1800 WWHHHOOOA! if you dont mind...how much did you drop on yours? or at least if the one i saw was a good deal. thx !! i hope i can find one that dont run someday and ill have my mechanic.,, i mean dad.. fix her up for me.

surflizard

« Reply #77 on: Sep 06, 2011, 06:49 PM »
Not to intentionaly stir the pot, but we had to help pull one of those argo rigs out of the slush last Febuary, Everybody got stuck in that slush last year ! the guides that do use them in this area don't run them on the ice without the cleat track assemblies on them ! the plus side being that if you do go thru, you will float as long as the drain plug is in !  ;D

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #78 on: Sep 06, 2011, 07:07 PM »
Size 12 or 13's it varies. And my riding boots are 11 1/2's so big difference.

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Sep 07, 2011, 06:22 AM »

I put those ratchet straps on as added insurance before my first trip out, after using the Mad Dog mount a few times I realized it held just fine and I didn't need them anymore. My only compaint with the auger mounted sideways (especially with the extension on it) is that I'm worried about damaging the auger if and when I flop the snowmobile on it's side. I dumped it twice last season, luckily both times were at slow speeds and it fell on the powerhead side, but if it fell the other way it could break the mounts or bend the auger. I'm going to try and get a mount rigged up similar to what RavineRat has on his.
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Offline rouser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Sep 07, 2011, 12:14 PM »

Picked this low mileage machine up earlier this year. Still need to figure an auger mount system out and a few other things. Will be nice to put the ole girl to use in a few months  ;D

rickl1968

« Reply #81 on: Sep 07, 2011, 12:18 PM »
That is a nice machine, my bud has one just like it. Rides just like a Cadillac.

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #82 on: Sep 07, 2011, 09:01 PM »
Its a Polaris that's why. I would LOVE to get a snow machine. Need a long track and be able to jump it. Fun to jump them get some air on a 4ft jump at 30 mph.

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Sep 07, 2011, 09:12 PM »
Polaris makes a good machine.  I really enjoyed my two Polaris sleds. Very reliable.

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
« Reply #84 on: Sep 07, 2011, 09:41 PM »
its either this or my 97 polaris indy 500... about to put a new piston in the sled tho..

Offline Braaap-n-Trap

• IceShanty Rookie
  • team dale ny
« Reply #85 on: Nov 04, 2011, 10:33 PM »
just got a 83 and a 85 skidoo citation ill have to put some pics up

surflizard

« Reply #86 on: Nov 05, 2011, 05:04 AM »
Can't go wrong with Those Citations, light weight, strong motors and go anywhere with them !

Offline Pintuckeyice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Nov 05, 2011, 06:07 AM »
This year going to try an otter wild shanty can't wait to get out.

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #88 on: Nov 08, 2011, 01:34 PM »
The new ice tank - 07 duramax

My old half ton.. just sold it to a buddy. Great truck.

Now im just needing a skidoo or quad with tracks for first ice.

:tipup:
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline mittenclamman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Nov 08, 2011, 01:52 PM »
Here is what I use. A 125 Baja Storm 8.5hp. With screws in the tires.

(Image removed from quote.)

is that the Pleasent Lake I think it is??? In Pleasant Lake MI?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.