Author Topic: Post your ride  (Read 232539 times)

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Post your ride
« Reply #90 on: Nov 22, 2011, 08:00 PM »
Switched to a Sled
(Image removed from quote.)

AHH MAN!!! 1994 Cougar 440! My first sled my eyes ever seen. And boy do I miss that sled! Brings back memories. Quick sled for their day!

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #91 on: Nov 22, 2011, 08:07 PM »
AHH MAN!!! 1994 Cougar 440! My first sled my eyes ever seen. And boy do I miss that sled! Brings back memories. Quick sled for their day!
Good old Cougar, great snowmobile and i think its the one heavier than the El Tigre but it is loud and fun!

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
« Reply #92 on: Nov 23, 2011, 12:23 AM »
2002 Yammy VK540 III    Hi/Lo range,  reverse, elec start.    156 X 2o inch track,    it pulls like a tractor, and breaks trail all day long

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
« Reply #93 on: Nov 23, 2011, 12:37 AM »
i like your style layne... and that second to last pic is amazing!

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #94 on: Nov 23, 2011, 07:39 AM »

Ok, slightly off topic, but this was mine (minus the girl)...1973 Skiroule 440 RT w/ Sachs engine. They were made by Coleman ( yup...the camping people). This was around the time when snowmobile companies were coming out with more of a racing sled. Anyone remember Rupps, Scorpions, Chaparrels, etc.? Ahhh...the good 'ol days. Sorry...just a quick trip down memory lane  :'(
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Nov 23, 2011, 08:11 AM »
Anyone remember Rupps, Scorpions, Chaparrels, etc.? Ahhh...the good 'ol days. Sorry...just a quick trip down memory lane  :'(

I can do better than that... How about a Sno Pony? This on isn't mine:

This one is mine, 02 Polaris Edge X:

Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Nov 23, 2011, 03:53 PM »

brand new 2011 arctic cat 350 4x4.

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #97 on: Nov 24, 2011, 01:21 PM »
i like your style layne... and that second to last pic is amazing!

Thanks bro, I built theses trucks to play and I use them as such. I really miss my half ton, that was a damn good truck but its hard not to smile when you goose it in the duramax.

I like that picture too its my desktop background right now.

Cheers  :tipup:
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Nov 26, 2011, 10:31 AM »
08 sportsman touring

Offline hoff45

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #99 on: Nov 26, 2011, 11:00 AM »

This is my ride... Cant wait to put her to use this winter!!!!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #100 on: Nov 26, 2011, 11:18 AM »
Still tinkering with the setup.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #101 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:22 PM »

FISHFORPIKE, Same here. Can't see the pics?

Hoff45, pretty nice setup. It looks like it has it all...
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #102 on: Nov 26, 2011, 07:23 PM »

FISHFORPIKE, Same here. Can't see the pics?

My server is down  >:(  Working on it  ;D

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #103 on: Nov 26, 2011, 07:30 PM »
My server is down  >:(  Working on it  ;D

Cool
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Nov 26, 2011, 08:38 PM »

What still needs "tinkering"?  Looks pretty awesome to me.

MD

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Some call me the Pannie Dropper
« Reply #105 on: Nov 26, 2011, 10:19 PM »

This is my ride... Cant wait to put her to use this winter!!!!

That is a good looking set up.
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."
-John Buchan

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #106 on: Nov 27, 2011, 08:29 AM »

MD

FISHFORPIKE, I was thinking the same thing? Awesome setup!
  Keep America Godly...

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #107 on: Nov 27, 2011, 08:47 AM »

MD

Still "arranging" things like the GPS and mount.  Did not like the RAM mount (not strong/solid enough) so relocated the windshield to the front box/auger mount; making room on the handlebars for a homemade GPS mount.  Don't use the windshield or the front auger carrier in the summer months, so that worked out well.
Also want to do an Otter Medium Monster Box on the rear; but don't have room in the 10' trailer for it.  The machine, with tracks is 9' and, as is, there is not much vertical room either.  I need to go for a 12 or 14' long X 7' wide  X 5' high, enclosed trailer.
I like hoff's sled setup but I could not deal with everything being "exposed" like that.  I like my gear clean and dry when I get to and on the ice, with minimal fuss loading and unloading.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #108 on: Nov 27, 2011, 09:04 AM »
Love the tracks on the ATV. I'd like to have a Polaris Ranger w/tracks. I need to hit the lottery!! :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #109 on: Nov 27, 2011, 02:22 PM »
Still "arranging" things like the GPS and mount.  Did not like the RAM mount (not strong/solid enough) so relocated the windshield to the front box/auger mount; making room on the handlebars for a homemade GPS mount.  Don't use the windshield or the front auger carrier in the summer months, so that worked out well.
Also want to do an Otter Medium Monster Box on the rear; but don't have room in the 10' trailer for it.  The machine, with tracks is 9' and, as is, there is not much vertical room either.  I need to go for a 12 or 14' long X 7' wide  X 5' high, enclosed trailer.
I like hoff's sled setup but I could not deal with everything being "exposed" like that.  I like my gear clean and dry when I get to and on the ice, with minimal fuss loading and unloading.

I have my GPS on the handle bar and the vibration make it hard to read, got to reach up and steady it at times. Rethinking the setup and it's the little tweaks can be pretty time consuming getting things just right.
I have a 12' trailer, things are just squeezing in so far. The auger rack going up front will be even tighter.
As far as things exposed, I do want the auger, scoop, flasher, bait and two rods readily available when on the search/mobility?
Again awesome setup!
  Keep America Godly...

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Nov 27, 2011, 02:43 PM »
moved my GPS to the front rack off a ram mount, a lot less vibes there. 

Offline ravinerat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #111 on: Nov 27, 2011, 03:44 PM »
Sold the 300 cc on the left and picked up a new 550 cc Tundra on the right. Haven't out fitted her yet.

RR
Be safe, Float!

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #112 on: Nov 27, 2011, 04:18 PM »
moved my GPS to the front rack off a ram mount, a lot less vibes there.

My ride is a snowmobile, auger rack will be out front soon but not practical for GPS location. There are plus and minus with both ATV/Snowmobile options?
  Keep America Godly...

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #113 on: Nov 27, 2011, 04:24 PM »
I have my GPS on the handle bar and the vibration make it hard to read, got to reach up and steady it at times. Rethinking the setup and it's the little tweaks can be pretty time consuming getting things just right.
I have a 12' trailer, things are just squeezing in so far. The auger rack going up front will be even tighter.
As far as things exposed, I do want the auger, scoop, flasher, bait and two rods readily available when on the search/mobility?
Again awesome setup!
I agree with those ideas.  I keep my auger out on the front rack and other "little" things in the box under the auger.  I use a handheld depth finder to verify depth and structure, then I get the flasher and a rod out of the rear box.  I don't uncover the flip over until I'm ready to settle in to some fish.  ;D

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #114 on: Nov 27, 2011, 04:39 PM »
I'm not real familiar with sleds, it's been quite a few years since I've been on one, but on ATV's the handle bars have a lot of vibrations.  There's a lot of RAM mount options out there, if you could get it off the handle bars, I'm sure it'd be a lot easier to read.   

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #115 on: Nov 27, 2011, 04:46 PM »
Sold the 300 cc on the left and picked up a new 550 cc Tundra on the right. Haven't out fitted her yet.
RR

Congrats Rat.  I know you've been wanting to make this switch for a while.  Hope everything is set properly
on the new sled (i.e. jets, oil pump, etc) and you don't have to go through what so many other Skidoo owners
did (including me  >:(

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #116 on: Nov 27, 2011, 05:18 PM »
I'm not real familiar with sleds, it's been quite a few years since I've been on one, but on ATV's the handle bars have a lot of vibrations.  There's a lot of RAM mount options out there, if you could get it off the handle bars, I'm sure it'd be a lot easier to read.

I'm looking at my options off the handle bar, Thanks.
  Keep America Godly...

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #117 on: Nov 27, 2011, 05:42 PM »
I'm looking at my options off the handle bar, Thanks.
I mounted a piece of custom cut 2X2X1/4" aluminum angle across the handlebars and have a rigid mount for the GPS.  No vibrations and no problem reading it.
IMO - it's the mount that adds enough vibration that reading the screen is tough.  I'm using a Lowrance BAJA 580C with the fishing hotspots maps and loaded with trails and waypoints (collected from the soft water and the boat) and a map program transferred to the GPS.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #118 on: Nov 27, 2011, 07:22 PM »
I mounted a piece of custom cut 2X2X1/4" aluminum angle across the handlebars and have a rigid mount for the GPS.  No vibrations and no problem reading it.
IMO - it's the mount that adds enough vibration that reading the screen is tough.  I'm using a Lowrance BAJA 580C with the fishing hotspots maps and loaded with trails and waypoints (collected from the soft water and the boat) and a map program transferred to the GPS.

I just got a new handheld GPS, Magellan Explorist 510 with the premium Navionics. I also got the planner2 to review the maps on the PC and transfer the waypoints to the handheld. Maybe an additional support to the existant mount may reduce/eliminate the vibrations?
  Keep America Godly...

Offline iwantone2.4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #119 on: Nov 27, 2011, 07:26 PM »
Congrats Rat.  I know you've been wanting to make this switch for a while.  Hope everything is set properly
on the new sled (i.e. jets, oil pump, etc) and you don't have to go through what so many other Skidoo owners
did (including me  >:( )

Mine runs like a champ!!

When luck becomes habit it turns into skill

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.