Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1612633 times)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #20400 on: Aug 06, 2020, 06:16 AM »
Cold start to the day. 49* No wonder I got cold in bed last night. Too lazy to get up and find another blanket.

ww Are those no bake cookies. You could come here instead of heading to the lake and do some baking. The oven would  warm up the house.
Sophie is is still a terror. We had taken the yorkie to the vet yesterday since she did not want eat. Just before it got dark I saw some paper torn up in the yard. When I went to get it I found it was the blood work paperwork from the trip to the vet along with a dish towel lying there. We can not get her to stop jumping on us. I have never had a lab act like this.
The wife has to take the yorkie back to the  vet today so they can take some x-rays as the gave him some barium yesterday to see if he has an intestine issue.
I have a urology appointment so I will be going by my self.

Capt Jim If I move again I am going to have an auction and start over. The only thing I use NOOA for is radar. I have a link to it in my favorites. Yesterday when I checked it was down. This is the first time that has happened in a while. Luckily I can check other radars that over lap the local one. It is surprising how different they show when they are all working.

Jeff I wish I could get the PH up in my food plots. With  P poor sand ground lime has not been much help in my food plots

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20401 on: Aug 06, 2020, 09:30 PM »
 Good evening nice day here Les humid still in town. My complex was lucky other then the branches on power line by my parking spot and plenty of leaves and small branches on the ground no signs of storm related damage. The neighboring Methodist church had one tree snap a couple feet up it's truck and another blow over landing around ten feet from the worship area of the building which was built in the late 17 or early 18 hundreds.
Eddie good to read the new parents are adjusting well and everyone is fine. Nice to hear there were no storms related problems at the job site. Enjoy the visit with Emerson.
Wallyworld hope you had a good day of fishing and nice time with your brother. If nothing else I'm sure he and Mr.WW enjoyed the cookies.
Ice Wanderer at least your friend now knows what to due when planting next years garden. Be careful spreading the top soils don't need a set back with your hand or shoulder.
Whopper Stopper sorry to hear Mr. Muggy is making a return visit to your area.  May your wife be happy with your work at the shack. Hope the game cameras survive until bear season starts.
Hunts2long glad your doctor is happy with results from your check up. May it have been a good day on the lake for Lindsay and you.
Tomturkey once you get the blankets out your next round of warm weather will hit. ::)  May Sophie grow out of her chewing habit. Hope the yorkie has no serious problem keeping him/her from eating.
OldSailor may your legs be feeling better so you can harvest from your garden comfortably.

A safe and good night to all .Best to all fishing tomorrow and this weekend.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #20402 on: Aug 07, 2020, 02:54 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Another nice comfortable start to the day, 59 at the moment, high of 73 here with a chance of showers later today.

Steve...glad to read no damage was done to the old church! Had a nice visit with Emerson yesterday, that was the best 2 hours of my day!  :thumbsup:
  Tom...hope all went well with the appointments yesterday!  Sounds like Sophie is a little spit fire, lol, going through the puppy stages.   ;D  :thumbsup:
  H2... hope the trip with Lindsay went well yesterday, sure was a beautiful day to be out!  :thumbsup:
  Marv...you had a busy day! Hopefully the curiosity of the bears don’t get the best of them and the cameras remain in place this time...silly bears!   ;D  :thumbsup:
  Bud...excellent job bringing some comfort to your wife, I’m sure she really enjoyed that!   :clap:  Hope she had a good appetite yesterday, thoughts and prayers continued for you both!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff... hope you had a good day yesterday finishing up the topsoil and as Steve mentioned not overdoing it mister!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...oh boy, the boat snacks look amazing!  :clap:  Hope the fishing went well, will be looking forward to your reply today!   :thumbsup:

We had a good productive day yesterday, cooler weather was a real moral booster...that lasted right up until lunch break when we got the word about new work hours starting this Monday for a project at the Mansion again...8-4:30.   There were some unpleasantries spoken on that topic, lol..I’m sure they will be discussed throughout the day today.   :%$#!:
  Last shift coming up...Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20403 on: Aug 07, 2020, 04:54 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :thumbsup:

69 heading into the mid 80's as the dew points reach the 70's by afternoon.

mr.clean Glad your complex didn't have any major damage from the storm :thumbsup: I'll be surprised if the cameras make the season.

Eddie Just when things are going smoothly they throw a wrench into things :%$#!: Hope you and the crew have a safe and productive Friday :thumbsup:

WW can't wait to read about your fish outing  :thumbsup:

IW hope all is going well with your therapy :thumbsup:

We are heading back to the range for an hour or so today. I may take a handgun with and spend some time on the bench. Other then that not a lot going on today.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20404 on: Aug 07, 2020, 05:06 AM »
56* this morning.
Wife has 8am appt. in Albany this morning.
TT, I like these nights when it gets down into the 50's.  The wife broke out another blanket last night, didn't use it. Good luck with the dog.
Eddie, glad you got to see Emerson.
Lindsay and I had a good day on the lake. We caught 8 walleyes, 4 keepers. Lindsay got 6 of them and all the keepers, for me to clean. We also got some SMB, rock bass and perch. 16 fish total, best day of the year so far. We caught 1 perch at the same time. It had both our jigs in its mouth. Took a couple filets down to my friends and Sally gave me 1/2 fresh blackberry pie.
Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20405 on: Aug 07, 2020, 05:57 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 58* and partly cloudy here on my hill. rain is in the forecast. ::)
                          Eddie.......Don't you hate it when things get changed when you are in a groove. :whistle: I guess the Governor found some
                 extra cash? :unsure:
                          Marv........Good idea to take the handgun to get some practice in. :thumbsup:
                          H2l..........I'm glad to hear the you and Lindsay had a banner day, good job guiding. :flex:
                          Steve.......The storm produce a lot of damage, glad your appartment complex did sustain any. :thumbsup:
                          Wally........I'll check in later to see how you and Mr. WW made out.
                          Bud..........That was a clever way to give your wife a hair washing. good job. I bet she felt better afterwards. :flex:
                          I got the topsoil in place yesterday, I barrowed a roller from a friend and rolled it without water in the drum. I don't
                 think I could handle it with water. it looks nice. pictures to follow, I'm having trouble up loading them.
                          I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20406 on: Aug 07, 2020, 06:03 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....hoping yesterday was a good day for MrsIFF after having her spirits lifted by the hair washing, good work Bud :thumbsup: :clap: 

TT.....those were banana oatmeal cookies not no bakes, funny my brother asked the same question when I sent him the pic  :woot:  hope Sophie settles down some before everything is chewed up  :whistle:

WS......thanks for filling in on "mom" duty yesterday  :roflmao:  sounds like a lot of road time  ::)  can you make some kind of bear resistant cage o cover the cameras  ???

H2L......glad you brought the skunk off with you yesterday, great job  :flex: :thumbsup:  hope today's appointment goes well  :)

Eddie.....funny how there's $$ in the budget for work at Uncle Andy's house  :blink:  glad Emerson, Mom & Dad are doing well  :clap:

IW......hope the top soil spreading went problem free and the hand held up to the task  :flex:

MrC......good to hear no major damage to the old church or your complex  :clap:

Had a good day on the water, landed 7 eyes 6 legal 1 short, plus lost 2 more legal ones right at the boat  :-\   water temp was 82*

brother took the remaing few cookies home  ;D

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20407 on: Aug 07, 2020, 08:31 AM »

Good morning again ER's,
                  Wally.......I'm glad you and Mr.WW hah a good day also. Nice looking fish.  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
                  Here are the pictures of my driveway job, it's not done I have to seed and mulch. Also I have top soil left to fill other areas.
                  The first picture is before driveway stone, the white pipe is the drain pipe from my foundation. It crosses the driveway past the end
          of the top soil.

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20408 on: Aug 07, 2020, 01:40 PM »
Whoa, see my thermostat got shoved up to 101.3, a welcome morning off.  Heard it was real nice out on the lake this morning, 66* light breeze and fish biting. ::)

Thought about making some tomatoes into Salsa, but sandman tossed something into my eyes.  Sure enough,  it put me to sleep.

Jeff, Nice work.

Pat, the battle goes on, still trying to get all the extra water in her out.  Now told to expect being released to go somewhere, Where to be determined, when like maybe this Wednesday.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20409 on: Aug 07, 2020, 06:52 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

IW Good job on the driveway, looks dang nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bud best wishes and prayers continue for you and Janice :thumbsup:

I thought I would drop off a video. Not sure if I will get  the other one done or not.

Hope you all are having a good night :thumbsup: Storms are expected here tonight. Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20410 on: Aug 07, 2020, 07:46 PM »
Good evening pleasant day her weather wise chance of showers /thunder storm overnight. I could hear the sounds of damage trees being cleaned up at the Methodist church earlier today. I did a little research the Vails Gate Methodist church was established in 1789 and met in a store belonging to John Ellison until the church was built in 1807 on land donated by Mr.Ellison. I need to research this but believe over the years to additional have been added to the original church building . A social meeting room named in honor of Mr. Ellison and his family and then a larger editon with basement that contains room for education and a social area and kitchen in the basement. The church and the Ellison home are both on the registar of historic places. The Ellison home is better know today as Knox's Headquarters after part of the home served as living quarters for General Henry Knox during the Revolutionary War.
Eddie sorry to hear about the work hours change. Hopefully the Governor's mansion project is not to large and can be completed quickly depending on "Uncle Andy's" schedule. Has Stephen and his wife taken emerson for a window visit with your mom.
Whopper Stopper may Mr.Muggy's visit be a short one for your area. Wallyworld has a good idea maybe you can build some type of protective structure around the cameras. I will watch today's video after posting .
Ice Wanderer you do nice work good thinking leaving the drum on roller empty.
Wallyworld different oatmeal cookie combination must people just use raisins .Congratulations on a good day of fishing  :clap: :thumbsup: .I won't ask who was manning the net when the two walleyes were lost boat side. :whistle:
Hunts2long glad it was a good day on the water for Lindsay and you. :clap: :thumbsup: She must have payed close attention to your fishing leasons over the years. Hope your wife's appointment was a good one.
IFF good size that janice wanted her hair washed and is eating. May they find a way to limit the swelling maybe she needs massage treatments like Mr.Turkey's wife is receiving when the move happens hope she has a better rehab experience this time.
Tomturkey may all have gone well for you and your with with the respective appointments.
UFCreel hope you are near Amazon's daily order filling expectations and your back and feet have adjusted to the long days of standing. May all be good with the family and you.
Drifter best to the Maple leaves tonight may they extended their series. Hope you are seeing cooler weather.
Icefisher-45 hope the past few days have been good ones for the two of you.

Have a good night .
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20411 on: Aug 07, 2020, 11:40 PM »
Steve
They pulled of a miracle in the last 4 minutes of the third period!!!    :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20412 on: Aug 08, 2020, 04:59 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......fingers crossed MrsIFF is actually ready to go to rehab this time around and it's a place that knows what the h*ll it's doing  ;)

WS.....thanks for the latest birds eye view  ;)2

IW.....nice work sir  :flex:

MrC.....these aren't traditional oatmeal cookies, the ONLY ingredients are bananas, oatmeal and mini chocolate chips   :)

Eddie....enjoy the weekend  @)

Not much planned today, maybe a bike ride  :clap:  looks like Les is starting to pack his bags again already  :'(

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20413 on: Aug 08, 2020, 05:15 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                      It's 63* and mostly cloudy. A thunder storm rolled through arond 4:15 this morning. ::)
                      Bud .........That's hot, you can keep it out there. :roflmao: I hope your wife is ready for rehab and they can get her back to normal.
                      Marv.........Nice video of the birds, thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
                      Steve........Interesti ng story about the Vails Gate Church. I hope it wasn't damaged. ???
                      I-45..........How's the appartment hunting going? ???
                      Dave.........Glad they pulled it out. :flex:
                      Wally.........Enjoy the bike ride. :thumbsup:
                      I'm having a new roof put on my house in the next couple of weeks, so today 2 of my sons are coming over to pull the siding off
            a dormer so the roofer can flash it properly. I would have done the roof myself but with the hand, there was no way. Oh, I'm putting
            a metal roof on.
                      I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20414 on: Aug 08, 2020, 06:20 AM »
64* this morning.
WW, nice fish, hope to get to go for that bike ride.
IW, nice job with the driveway and good luck with the roofers.
Wife's appt. went well with her Dr. in Albany. On our way home Lindsay called and asked if the wife wanted to go to Trader Joe's with her, the wife said of course. I came home, did some things here and then went to Amsterdam to pick up the wife. Took down some flower pots for Lindsay and Scout to see Rocky.
Not much planned for today. Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20415 on: Aug 08, 2020, 06:46 AM »
Holly Chit, opening the mail, one from AMR ambulance, a bill that totaled $1,887.31.  One 7 mile trip to Hospital ER.  As instructed by the HMO as the Ambulance service they use. ::) :woot: Is this what is called sticker shock ???.  That a down payment for the vehicle ???  Now that I have had a sip of Eddies coffee, think its left over from the other day.  My brain is slowly beginning to spin.  Oh yeah, Doctor called me, saying she is too week, and refused to go to rehab, so its either Home or to a Home.  So much for the best Medical care in the World  :whistle:  Got an appointment to meet this Doctor today at Noon, face to face.  Does attacking a doctor get you Life in Prison ??

Called one number asking what they provide in the way of in home medical care.  Anywhere from $51 an hour, down to $38 per Hr. for 8 hr day. 

A nursing home.....$8,000 a month ???

sigh, more coffee in my baileys please.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20416 on: Aug 08, 2020, 07:48 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Wally, H2, Bud, Morning Everyone,
  It was 64 and cloudy when I tried posting, lost that one somehow.  had a little rain here overnight as well, high of 77 today.

Bud...wow, the terrible news of costs concerning health care services is beyond mind boggling, damn! Please know that we’re all behind you and our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. Praying for some better news today...hang in there!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...the driveway project came out excellent, very nice job Sir!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Say hello to the boys from us all today and a big thumbs up to them coming over to take care of that siding for you, that’s 5 star in my book!   :bow: Good choice on the metal roofing! 
  Wally...congratulation s on a good fishing trip, thanks for sharing the pictures!  Have a nice ride today!   :clap: :thumbsup:   
  Dave...hope things are going well up at the cabin and your treating yourself to some fishing in between...congrats on the Maple Leafs win!   :thumbsup:
  H2...glad everything went well for your wife at the Dr.’s, and you had your best trip this season fishing with Lindsay...that’s awesome!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve...thanks for the information on the Methodist church, very interesting tracing back the history behind the churches.   :thumbsup: :clap:  Unfortunately with the guidelines concerning visitation at the nursing home, it’s going to be awhile before my immediate family will be allowed to even get a window visitation. We’re all hoping and vigorously working with the nursing home board trying to change the restrictions, waiting on some good news yet.
  Marv...thanks for the video, the birds know where they got it good...and the squirrels!   ;D  :thumbsup:
  I-45...hope you’re feeling better and the apartment hunting is a wrap...best wishes sent your way!

We battled with off and on rain showers yesterday down at the workplace, one of those crappy days, knocked off at lunch...then the sun came out!   ;D
  When I got home my wife said there was package delivered for me...noticed the senders name and smiled, but wondered what the heck could this be? Opened it up to find a find some clothing that was much too small for me to wear and a card to the parents of my newest grandson. Well, talk about a surprise...there was a beautiful outfit for Emerson inside..and it was sent from Jeff, aka Ice Wanderer!  :bow:
  Jeff...hope you don’t mind me sharing this, but on behalf of my family, Stephen/Brittany and Emerson...Thank You so much for your generosity and thoughtful gift...that was a really special surprise for everyone and sincerely appreciated. What an amazing group of people here...so glad to be a part of all you!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:   Cawfee’s on...

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20417 on: Aug 08, 2020, 09:38 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Hanging indoors today being The Ugly Mr Muggy in town :%$#!:

It looks like a lot going on with everyone :thumbsup:

WW enjoy the bike ride. When eating your melting cone today Don't Get A Mr Misty Headache eating it too fast :nono:

IW Good choice on the metal roof, we have one on the shack and love it :thumbsup: The only downside for us is no phone reception inside.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to you for sending Emerson a new outfit, pretty nice Sir!

h2l Congratulations on your last fish outing with Lindsay. You have cracked the code :thumbsup:

45 hope you are holding your own Sir :thumbsup:

Eddie Thanks for sharing the mail call story, no question about it the best group anywhere. It's always a privilege to be a part of it  :thumbsup:

TT you had shared the "mini marshmallows down on the trails" trick with me a couple years ago. I did try that and have no doubt it would work. I just never had any of them show up to snack on them while in my stand.

WW and mr.clean, they do make cages for the camera but none of them protect the lens which for us was is what the bears poke out with their claws. We have been very careful with the handling of the cameras but they just don't miss a thing.

I hope we aren't making a mistake, time will tell........I have been reading a few different bear forums and the topic of sows with cubs have came up repeatedly. It seems once the sows take over a pit they often guard it and chase off other bears including boars. The fix to the problem is to stop baiting for a week or so and allow the sow to hone in on some other bait sites. They claim once you start baiting again there is a better chance of boars moving in which is what we are after anyway. So that's our plan, hopefully we can get some boars feeding. We enjoy watching the sow and kids but so far they have eaten 90% of our bait.

Here is a short movie from our sparse collection the other day. Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20418 on: Aug 08, 2020, 04:46 PM »
Good day Mr. Muggy's relative and Les Humid's brother Moe has returned for a visit. I made the drive to Paramus,NJ. this morning met my sister at the cemetery where our parents,grand parents and a couple other relatives are buried. First time there since February for either one of us glad our respective schedules allowed each of us to make the trip after decorating the graves we went to a local park and enjoyed a lunch together.
Drifter I was able to watch the overtime portion of the Maple Leafs game. may they win the next game and move forward in the Stanley Cup tournament.
Wallyworld I told my sister about the banana oatmeal cookies. Hope you had a good bike ride enjoy the ice cream.
ice Wanderer the Lord was watching over the church the tree that feel towards the historic section  landed with in ten feet of the building and did no damage. Glad your sons are close enough to help prepare for the new roof. I don't know their proper name but are you getting the stops to prevent ice/snow slides installed so a sudden movement of ice/snow does not come off the roof and possibly hit anyone in the area or damage a vehicle. Very nice of you to send Eddie some clothing for Emerson.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap:
Hunts2long happy to read your wife had a good doctors appointment. Hope the ladies found everything they were looking for at Trader Joe's.
IFF besides talking with the doctor and someone from your HMO call the contact you made with medicare and see what that program will cover. I don't know if this is a federal or NYS program but you can hire a family member or friend as a care giver and receive some type of help to pay that person . I realize this person may not be able to legally administer all medications but it might cut down on the amount of time you need a home nurse each day. Like the others i  (:45 group I'm praying for all of you.
Eddie sorry to hear it will be some time before you can have a window visit with your mom and she get to see her newest great grandchild. Please take a photo of Emerson in his new attire. I agree great group of people making up the 9:45 group.
Whopper Stopper in this last video looks like the sow is scent making trees or else she has an itchy back . It maybe smart to stop baiting the pit for a week and see if she and her cubs find a new place to feed and more boars visit your area. Do you think a little Hot Sauce lace cake frosting spread on the trees holding cameras would keep the bears away from the cameras.

Have a pleasant evening.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20419 on: Aug 09, 2020, 04:46 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 65* a mostly clear here on my hill. A nice day is the forecast.  ::)
                       Marv.......I hope not feeding for a week helps, what about a second bait area far enough away as not to draw them
              to both piles. :unsure:
                       Steve......I'm glad you got to see your sister and have lunch together. :thumbsup: The 2 sons that helped me are #2 son, Keith
              and #3 son Curtis.It took longer to set up than it did to get the siding off. I will buy new siding and stain it before it goes up. Now we
              have pick a new color and next year do the whole house. :whistle: I'm glad the church didn't get damaged. :clap:
                       Eddie......I'm sorry that you are not able to have a window visit with your mom, it must be frustrating for everyone. :cookoo:
              It was my pleasure for the outfit. After having 4 sons I know how fast they grow and need outfits.  ;D
                       Wally......It turned out to be a nice day, I hope you got you bike ride in and had some ice cream. :thumbsup:
                       Dave......I'm not in to hockey, but good luck to the Leaf's. :flex:
                       Bud........Those cost for the medical care are outrages, I hope there are alternative ways to get the help she needs. I don't know
              if this makes you feel better but the helicopter ride I took when I had my hand accident was $73,400.00 :o
                       H2l.........I'm glad your wife's appointment went well. :clap:
                       Not much on the agenda today but I'll find something to keep me occupied.
                       I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20420 on: Aug 09, 2020, 05:49 AM »
Jeff, YIKES

Good Morning H2L, Tom.  See Eddie coming down the hall.

Visit with Doctor went well, he tells me she is in his opinion too weak to come home, and should go to a home, other than her home.  So will see what might be best for her, Doubt that it will be to one with short notice so, will plan on here and try to make her comfortable.
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20421 on: Aug 09, 2020, 06:13 AM »
60* and heading for the mid 80's today.
IFF, when it comes to any medical cost, it is all "sticker shock".
WS, good luck with "moving" the bears.
IW, for that kind of money you could buy a "big" drone and fly yourself.
Eddie, I sure hope something is done by the Gov. to address the nursing homes. He knows he screwed up once and now is playing it safe.
Our power was out for a little over 2 hours last evening. Heard that a transformer had to be replaced couple miles down the road.
Have a good day and stay safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20422 on: Aug 09, 2020, 06:37 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....glad your talk with the doc didn't land you in prison  :nono:   :whistle:  hopefully there's a social worker at the hospital that can help you find a home health aid service or a rehab/nursing home for MrsIFF  :-\  one day at a time sir

IW..... :o  :blink:  :wacko:  that was quite a ride, hope you at least got a "free" t-shirt  :woot:  so nice of you to send Emerson some new duds  :thumbsup:

WS.....good luck with the baiting issues  ;)   sure will miss seeing the little ones  :'(  no brain freeze, never did stop for that ice cream  :(

Eddie....seems the nursing home restrictions are a bit much considering visitation is allowed at hospitals and prisons now  :cookoo: 

MrC....glad you and your sister had a nice visit  :clap:  this sure has been a hot,humid summer  @)

Looks like mowing is on top of the list today  ::) 

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20423 on: Aug 09, 2020, 06:52 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Bud, WALLY, Morning Everyone,
  65 and sunny this am, high of 82 today.

Jeff...holy cow, had no idea of the cost behind a Med helicopter flight...that’s just crazy!!  :woot:  Last nights daily message from the nursing home stated, that if there are no new cases of the virus among the staff or residents, limited one on one visitation could take place August 28th...however, in between now and then, if there is any positive results, the set back will be 28 days from that testing date.   Yes, it’s been extremely frustrating.   :%$#!:
  Bud..give the Mrs. a big hug from all of us today and let her know she has a big support group here praying for her!   :bow:
  Steve...glad you got to meet up with your sister and have lunch together after visiting your loved ones. Thank you for sharing that and reminding me I need to do the same, it’s been quite awhile also.  :thumbsup:
  Marv... thanks for sharing the video, another good one...love the back scratching!   ;D :clap:  Hope the new plan works out, will be anxiously awaiting the results!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope you had a nice ride and the ice cream was on the list!   :thumbsup:
  OS, OG, Tom, I-45, Capt.J, UFC...hope you fellas are all doing well!   :thumbsup:

Got the lawn under control again yesterday, today I’m going to harvest more peppers and pick some beefsteak tomatoes that are finally ready, BLT’s for lunch.
  Tomorrow we start our new hours ...figures, just got settled in and adjusted to our regular schedule. Word Friday was we must also wear masks and the safety vests at all times...and they want us to stay in the compound for our breaks, no leaving the premises. I’ve got to figure some way out of this project...a Trump shirt would work, but think unemployment would be my next appointment, lol.  Any suggestions?   ;D
  Cawfee’s on...

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20424 on: Aug 09, 2020, 07:48 AM »
IW The price on that helicopter ride is ridiculous. We are in the flight line for them coming from the north of us. I have not heard that many this year. What gets me is the ones coming for the hospital to our east fly west to I guess follow the express way to the hospital they come from. That way they get more air miles to add to the bill. As the crow l flies is always the shortest route.
My brother was in Dallas with an Army on helo one time. When he was told by air control at  airport that he could not fly due to the heavy fog. He told air control that he was Army one and was leaving any way. He  flew   build to to build top to building to get out of Dallas. After getting out of there it was no problem as he had a good navigator on board.

Steve It is good to here the church was not damaged. There are few buildings that have lasted that long in the USA. IN Europe there are buildings that are centuries old. This country is a throw away society, tear some thing down and build new. Most of the time with tax payers money. They tore down the three story school I went to. Shortly after they wanted money to build  another school. That got turned down by the voters.

Busy day yesterday

I decided I needed to go to the asnn. meeting in the morning. I raised cain about the gate not being locked. I had to reeducate the guy that  should have fixed it by now on how it needed to be done. Then their hate for the pike came up. I doubt that what I said about needing them as predator's to keep the dink blue gills under control hit home.

We went to a birthday get together for one of the wife's grandsons last night. We got into a slow moving back up of traffic as they had the  three lane expressway cut down to only one lane.  A guy in a Ford  dully got tired of the jerks blasting buy to get to the head of the line up. He blocked the lane next to me. I  gave him a thumbs up. We worked together to end that.

We were sitting  around at the party. I asked my son where we were 10 years ago. He realized that it was 10 years ago to the date that I was in the ER finding out that I was a type one diabetic. I had refused to go to the ER until the same grandsons birth day party was over at our house.

Eddie It is sad that they will not allow window visits with love ones. They have allowed them at the medical care  facility at my other place from the get go.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20425 on: Aug 09, 2020, 11:09 AM »
Good morning/afternoon everyone :bow:

Waiting on some storms promised to us by the guessers ??? It sounds like early afternoon/evening things may come together if not here up by the shack.

IW a second bait station would be a good option other than most say 1 bait station per 100 acres. I was up for making another one but the s-i-l figured 2 baits equals 2x the money outlay, so she was fine with stopping for a week and seeing what happens. There is still a good chance the sow will keep checking in and we won't gain anything. Danged if you do, danged if you don't :unsure: It will still come down to time in the stand and she isn't a good sitter.

WW hope the mowing is about wrapped up for this round. I know what you mean about the cubs, you get addicted to watching the crazy things :cookoo:

Eddie I could live on BLT's. Best of luck with tomorrows work changes :thumbsup:

I collected the cards from both home cameras and it came up short for a movie. I will just save them and add on to it later. Last evening we were very excited because a doe showed up with 2 very small fawns. They ran and darted around in front of the camera for 20 minutes and I had said "finally a fawn video". Come to find out this morning the coons had jarred the camera loose before the fawns came out and we ended up with nothing :%$#!: Videoing is a lot of fun but the cameras can drive you crazy.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20426 on: Aug 09, 2020, 03:05 PM »
Good afternoon, Moe Humid has arrived temperature also in the upper eighties today tomorrow we make it into the nineties. If this warm humid weather stays around might need to have one of my AC units serviced not cooling things down thankfully i have ceiling fans and one small box style fan.
Ice Wanderer hope insurance will cover majority of the cost for helicopter ride.  :cookoo: it seems with a lot of projects it takes longer to set up then do the actual work. Have you thought about staining the dormer siding a cooler that compliments house siding while high lighting the dormers and save some money rather then doing whole hose.
IFF I agree Janice will either come home to be with you,go to rehab. facility over her objections or you will be fighting with the HMO and insurance to get her hospital stay extended. Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
Hunts2long glad you only had a short power interruption.
Wallyworld  hope you got out early to do the lawn. If you took the bike out yesterday hope you enjoyed some ice cream .
Eddie my sister and I are lucky that our parents,grandparents and some other relatives are all buried at the same cemetery. May the residents and staff stay virus free so you and other can visit there loved ones latter this month.Here is an idea to get off of the Mansion work crew any time your see security force go into some anti-Coumo  comments "lousy Governor i've not been able to visit my mom's nursing home for months and now have to wear a mask and vest plus stay in a confined area like i'm an animal at the zoo. If anything should get you some attention and possibly new back ground check. ::) :whistle:
Whopper Stopper may the break in baiting work and the sow and her cubs find a new food/treat source allowing more boars to visit the pit when you resume baiting. To bad you did not get any "Fawn footage' your problems with raccoons/bears messing with the game cameras makes one wonder how many hours of tape/film are used to make one of the half hour(edited) TV outdoors show.
Tomturkey many older/historic structure have been lost over the years in this country  either to being replaced with newer structures or neglect and ravages of time making them unsafe and not feasible to rebuild or repair. Hopefully others agree with you and the gate at lake gets repaired. It may take others learning the "Hard Way" to see a diversity of fish species is best for the lake.
To ditto Eddie's comment OS,OG,UFCreel,Icefisher-45 and Capt.Jim may all be well with you and your families.
Drifter have fun watching the game may the Maple Leafs go on to the next round of the playoffs.

Stay safe and have a good evening. best to all with fishing trips planed this week.
 Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20427 on: Aug 09, 2020, 07:53 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Wasn't to bad of a day out today. Went to NH because my wife saw some totes the last time we were there at Walmart. The Walmart near us never has anything so the trip was worth it. Still waiting to hear about the apartment in the town next to us. Praying we get that one its on the 1st floor. My wife is feeling better. getting stressed out about moving.

IFF, It is amazing how expensive Ambulance rides are. They charge for everything done to the patient. I worked for AMR for 20 years. I hope you get everything resolved in finding a place where she can get proper care. Continued prayers for both of you.

Mason Eddie, Hopefully you get to see your mom soon thru the window. Hopefully there are no Covid 19 cases.   You could always say you support the police and say Cuomo doesn't have a clue.

Ice Wanderer, Wow that is a expensive ride. You could buy a helicopter for that. Hope you had a good day and relaxed a little.

Hunts2Long, Hope you had a good day and was able to get out on the water. Hope your wife is doing well.

WallyWorld, Hope you got your mowing done early and got to take the bike out and get ice cream. We saw quite a few bikes in NH today.

TomTurkey, Sounds like those asnn meeting are very irritating. I hope you had a good time at the party this year. Doesn't sound like it was fun 10 years ago when you were diagnosed with diabetes.

Whopper Stopper, Thats to bad the raccoons played with the camera. Thank you for sharing that video of the bears was great.

To Ditto Eddies and Whopper Stoppers and Mr Cleans comment OS,OG, UFCREEL, and Captain Jim, prayers for you and your families.

I hope everyone has a great evening and a safe one. God Bless

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20428 on: Aug 10, 2020, 03:57 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 66* and clear here on my hill, a nice day ahead. ::)
                         I-45.........Moving is always stressful, tell your wife take a deep breath and do a little at a time. :flex:
                         Marv.........I can see that a second bait site would be a pain and expensive, I hope the week off of baiting does the trick. :thumbsup:
                         Eddie........I'm glad you got caught up on the yard work. :thumbsup: I hope all goes well at the mansion today. :whistle: Is there
                a lot to do there? ???
                         Steve........I picked up some stain samples and my wife wants to change the whole house to a green with a cream trim. :whistle:
                         Bud..........Prayers sent to you and your wife, I hope everything works out. :flex:
                         Wally........Yesterday was a good day to mow, I hope you got it done so you can get back on the water. :thumbsup:
                         Tom.........It seems that people think to discuss the things that are not important. :cookoo:
                         H2l..........I hope you can get back out after those eyes this week. :thumbsup:
                         Yesterday I seeded and mulched the new topsoil area, now waiting for grass to germinate. Therapy this afternoon.
                         I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20429 on: Aug 10, 2020, 04:31 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Looks like some of that hot humid weather made its way East...69 this am, mid to upper 80’s today.

I-45...thank you...got the fingers crossed that apartment works out for you, best of luck Sir!   :thumbsup: 
  Steve...thank you...believe with the high tech security systems around the grounds, just whispering will be heard loud and clear! With some of the conversations our crew has been known to have, I may not have to say a word!   ;D :roflmao:
  Marv...those dang raccoons!! Hopefully you get another visit from the Doe and twins soon, that sucks! Will be looking forward to the next video, and thanks for all your hard work and time making / sharing them here...excellent job Sir!   :clap: :bow:
  Tom...our Governor took a different route early on with the nursing homes...they were not allowed to refuse positive COVID admittance, and close the doors on the families, imagine that?  Must bite my tongue now... :%$#!: :cookoo:
  Wally..I totally agree, the prisoners seem to be more important than our elderly, it just doesn’t make sense. Anyway...how’s your garden doing?   ;D
  Jeff... hope you found something to keep you occupied yesterday!   :thumbsup:  Believe there’s about 100yds. of concrete work to be done in total, but not much more info than that...we’ll see soon. Best wishes with today’s therapy!   :thumbsup:
  H2...any fishing plans today before the broiler kicks in?  Best of luck if heading out!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...hope yesterday was a better day...thoughts and prayers continued Sir!

Day one of the Mansion project coming up in about 3 more hours, Doh!  So much for trying to sleep in this am, lol, found myself up at the regular time.
  Believe we will be doing some demo work today...crossing fingers they won’t let us in!   ;D   Cawfee’s on...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.