Author Topic: Must have jigs...  (Read 4549 times)

Offline walliceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waiting to ice that first eye!
Must have jigs...
« on: Jul 25, 2004, 06:13 PM »
Guys,

I plan to start like a very solid list of old and proven crappie jigs... So far I have Marmooskas and Small swedish pimples... So what else does everyone else trust to catch those ice crappies?

-Evan

Offline richstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I drill holes - lots of holes
Re: Must have jigs...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2004, 10:45 AM »
along the same lines as a small swedish pimple, get yourself some 1/16 oz Northland Forage Minnow spoons - tip with a minnow head.  Fatboys, along with Genz Worms, and Genz Bugs do well too.

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2004, 04:06 PM »
Shrimpos, ratsos, nuclear ants, the smallest jigging rapala, genz worms, fat boys, and tear drops like frostees, popees, or demons. The smaller jigging spoons like the tiniest swedish pimples or kastmasters also can work. My number one choice is probably a shrimpo, nuclear ant, or small teardrop. Tip all with a maggot, mealie, waxy, or small sliver of crawler.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2004, 07:58 PM »
I hate limitations...BUY THEM ALL ::)

Seriously I'd have to say Katy Jigs are far and away my favorite crappie jigs.
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline mod_auger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2004, 11:05 PM »
Last winter the Flirty Girty jigs worked the best on certain lakes. It seemed that when conventional jigs did not seem to work well,the flirty girty was more productive. I'm not sure if this was a fluke or not, but it did prompt me to get a few for those "just in case" moments such as last winter.
Play 'em if you wanna fillet 'em!

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2004, 06:21 AM »
RG,
    Is there a place on line to get the Katy's?
Ken                                          

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Sep 29, 2004, 08:06 AM »
They're one of our sponsers...they're banner ad is on the NY forum.

By the way, I used their jigs many years before they advertised here. I was very happy to see them on our site.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Sep 29, 2004, 09:50 AM »
Katy's have to be one of the most durable jigs on the market.  I have some that are around seven years old and they still look like new.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Sep 30, 2004, 11:02 AM »
Slipbob, you have to try them to believe them.  I have one with over 400 perch caught on it, (my son's favorite).  Other then the color, it doesn't look any different than the rest in my box!
Follow the bubbles...

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 03, 2004, 06:32 AM »
Genz worm design is great, hooks are a different story. Colors are nice too. I mainly use 3 different types of jigs. Orange and chartreuse size 12 marmooskas, pink and white size 12 marmooskas, and green and chartreuse size 12 marmooskas. It aint broke so I  havent fixed it.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline genz_man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Just 1 more crappie!!!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 24, 2004, 09:48 AM »
Marmooskas are really good also and have hammered the yellow perch with them in the past.

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #11 on: Oct 24, 2004, 07:10 PM »
My fav must have crappie jigs are; Moon Glitters & Glow jigs in colors, chart and pearl. K&E's Large Tear, Rockers, and Micro Jig in colors green, red and chart. I never leave home without some Custom Jigs and Spins Rat Finkys. When they are tight lipped I go to the smaller Marmooskas by HT, love the green/chart color. When I have a large school of assorted size crappies, I pick out the big ones with Bitzer Creeks 1/4oz Zip Lure tipped with nothing. What's really neat is how the crappies will bite so light on a baited jig but almost pull the rod out of your hand using a ripped zip lure it's awesome.

-Scott
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.