Author Topic: I need your help...  (Read 2316 times)

Offline walliceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waiting to ice that first eye!
I need your help...
« on: Feb 12, 2004, 05:44 PM »
Hey guys,

I recently have become fishing this lake called Mamanasco lake. It is very small and is loaded with crappie, it's deepest depth is 9.8 feet. What im wondering is where you would go? here is a depth map. http://www.skippermark.com/kayaking/ctwaterways.htm
Then find Mamanasco lake in the M section of the lakes. Can't miss it. then go to shart-get it here.

The contour lines are intervals of 3 feet. the furthest island out is just a bunch of submerged tress/ bushes/shrubs and the first in island the shallowest one is just a rock with some tress around it... Please help me catch them...

-Evan

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: I need your help...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2004, 08:16 PM »
i agree.... hit those 'islands' and the structure on/around them. also, (i didnt look at the map) but look for that first major drop-off from the island. now i know that this is a shallow lake, but it might go from 2 foot to five foot, thats a major drop-off in that lake then.... fish will suspend just off of that.

Melbs                  :'(

Offline walliceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2004, 08:36 PM »
Thanks...

If you look at the map i was looking to the left of the 2nd island, there is a dropoff there that goes from 3-6 feet. But i couldn't find it... then again i had an 8 inch hand auger and it was a motha to cut holes in 12-14" of ice. When i bring the power next time i will hopefully find that drop-off and the crappies, the cool part is even in the 9 fow part you could still see your lure so it's like sight fishign everywhere in there. 8)

-Evan

Offline dirk327

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • !
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2004, 06:27 AM »
Evan, you should feel lucky that there was only 12 inches of ice.  Here in maine i am drilling through 3 1/2 feet of ice with a hand auger....It is my choice though, it helps the arms keep in shape..Good luck

Offline Oldfart

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Cant feel what fingers? You still got fingers?
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2004, 04:48 PM »
Evan. I've lost track. Did I send you to that lake to look for bass? I lived on the shore years ago. When you walk out from the boat launch,  go just past the island ( the big mud one).  Hand a 90 to your right. The crappie pile up along that shoreline to 75' out from it.  Theres nothing by the islands worth looking for.
I wish I was in heaven sittin down..........on a 5 gallon pail!

Offline walliceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2004, 03:18 PM »
Alright thanks... maybe i'll give it one more try before ice out.

-Evan

Offline reelcharacter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bluegills, That's how it all got started . . .
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2004, 08:31 AM »
Don't limit your fishing to ice-only there. At ice out you can move to "where the fish are" much more easily (providing you have a boat, canoe or other floating device).   :)

-reelcharacter
PM me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2004, 04:24 PM »
if the water is crystal clear then try fishing there at night  happened to our crappie pond this year  well let me explain last year  water clarity was only 3-4 ft  crappie would bite all day and night this year its 12 ft can see all the way to the bottom crappie only bite at night  crappies have big eyes like walleye and light hurts their eyes
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.