The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Salmon Trolling Supplies  (Read 3016 times)

Offline Joe in T.C.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Salmon Trolling Supplies
« on: May 06, 2021, 05:12 PM »
During the soft water season, I like to troll for kings, coho, browns, steelhead, and lakers when the weather permits.

We Lost several of our tackle shops in the area so I went online looking.

Found Captain Chuck's ll in Ludington. It was a bit of a road trip but gave it a try.

WOW! I was blown away by the selection of trout and salmon trolling supplies, well worth the trip and I will be going back for sure.

I was like a kid in a candy store, there are literally thousands of spoons in stock, plus everything else you need for trolling (and other types of fishing).

They also have a great online store with accurate inventory shown. I did order a couple of divers online and they arrived correctly and quickly.

Just thought I would throw it out there if anyone was interested.

Good Luck all  :tipup:

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Salmon Trolling Supplies
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 09:48 PM »
Thanks Joe, Capt. Chucks is a great place for big lake tackle. Another place on the east side is Northwoods Wholesale Outfitters, in Pinconning. They have a huge tackle dept. that covers all types of fishing, but they really cater to the walleye guys. Found this place back in March, & was flabbergasted when I went there the 1st. time. Last week found me on that side of the state again,so I had to stop. Ended up replacing some of my Diver & planer board rods. They have some great deals on rod/reel combos & crazy prices on rods. Its about 10 minutes north of Frank's Great outdoors in Linwood. Another fantastic shop.Both stores have online purchasing also. If you get a day or 2 ,make a trip over that way. If you have a boat, Take it,you are like 5 minutes from Sag. Bay !
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline Joe in T.C.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 06:18 PM »
smeltbuster,

I will give Northwoods Wholesale Outfitters a try.
We take a road trip to Wilson's Cheese Shoppe in Pinconning at least once a year so we will be right in the area.
Thanks for the info

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2021, 11:35 PM »
Northwoods is my favorite store... The wife loves it too... Lots of of knick knacks and such for ladies to browse.... You will get lost in there.... But youll be happy you did
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline jdgambler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2021, 05:32 AM »
Joe try backcast in benzonia.
I'd rather be fishing than sleeping

Offline bradh86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2021, 11:03 PM »
https://tangledtacklecompany.com/ is about 30 Mins north in Manistee, MI 49660 if your up that way.

Offline jdgambler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2021, 05:42 AM »
Backcast in benzonia is pretty good. Amazon also
I'd rather be fishing than sleeping

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2021, 10:01 AM »
smeltbuster,

I will give Northwoods Wholesale Outfitters a try.
We take a road trip to Wilson's Cheese Shoppe in Pinconning at least once a year so we will be right in the area.
Thanks for the info

if you going to pinconning you might as well check out Franks as well.  Northwoods was undercutting Franks for a few years, but Franks has now put their pricing at a competitive price point and has also increased their inventory.  Just my .02

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2021, 09:19 AM »
if you going to pinconning you might as well check out Franks as well.  Northwoods was undercutting Franks for a few years, but Franks has now put their pricing at a competitive price point and has also increased their inventory.  Just my .02
Agreed... Franks used to be crazy expensive but they have really gotten reasonable.... And their minnows are great prices.... Beauty of northwoods is they open well before daylight so you can get bait and get to fishing early
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2021, 10:36 AM »
Thanks Joe, Capt. Chucks is a great place for big lake tackle. Another place on the east side is Northwoods Wholesale Outfitters, in Pinconning. They have a huge tackle dept. that covers all types of fishing, but they really cater to the walleye guys. Found this place back in March, & was flabbergasted when I went there the 1st. time. Last week found me on that side of the state again,so I had to stop. Ended up replacing some of my Diver & planer board rods. They have some great deals on rod/reel combos & crazy prices on rods. Its about 10 minutes north of Frank's Great outdoors in Linwood. Another fantastic shop.Both stores have online purchasing also. If you get a day or 2 ,make a trip over that way. If you have a boat, Take it,you are like 5 minutes from Sag. Bay !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.