Author Topic: Norfin gear  (Read 2420 times)

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Norfin gear
« on: Oct 15, 2019, 09:39 PM »
Any feedback on this gear? Not readily available for the most part in the states. Some but not all. Just curious on reviews from those that own some of their gear. Thanks

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Norfin gear
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2019, 08:19 AM »

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2019, 08:40 AM »
Just heard of them for the first time last week on social media.  Looks like some nice jackets, curious if others have used their gear. Russia gets cold so should be warm stuff? Could be like fxr, big in Canada but not in the states. 

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2019, 08:48 AM »
Their gear looks really nice and seems to be fairly priced from what I can see on a couple websites. My benjamins are waiting to be thrown at them when it's all available. ha. Will be selling all the other bibs and coats I've accumulated throughout the years and just buy the best I can find and be done for years. Until the next best thing comes out :) gear addiction is real.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2019, 10:02 AM »
Looks like quality products but, of course, no North American distribution and European sizing would make that order for new bibs a dicey proposition.. Now, if the Salmo Group

would like to fly me over to Latvia this winter to field test their products on some pristine lakes and rivers up through the Baltics and Finland and Russia, I would make myself

available. They could count on glowing reviews and the seeds of destination ice fishing for well-to-do Americans and Canadians. Salmo can PM me on this site to discuss the

arrangements.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2019, 11:31 AM »
Looks like quality products but, of course, no North American distribution and European sizing would make that order for new bibs a dicey proposition.. Now, if the Salmo Group

would like to fly me over to Latvia this winter to field test their products on some pristine lakes and rivers up through the Baltics and Finland and Russia, I would make myself

available. They could count on glowing reviews and the seeds of destination ice fishing for well-to-do Americans and Canadians. Salmo can PM me on this site to discuss the

arrangements. Kool when they contact you let me know. I would be more than happy to accompany you. I will be happy to provide a second opinion! ;D
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2019, 11:13 AM »
Doing a bump to this thread to see if anyone has received any norfin gear as I've seen a coupe places to now be able to purchase so I'm curious.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2019, 05:28 PM »
Doing a bump to this thread to see if anyone has received any norfin gear as I've seen a coupe places to now be able to purchase so I'm curious.
Norfin's website continues to show no North American distribution. Norfin is a division of Salmo, the Latvian lure makers, but their website shows nothing but lures.

Looks like quality products but there's no way to tell if it's better than the domestic stuff until some home grown ice heads get to try it out and pull it into the market.

Look at LuckyJohnUSA.com for products. Looks good. Sizing and pricing will be key to success.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2019, 09:28 PM »
Best bet would be if someone has a connection to the USA ice team and chat with them, norfin sponsors all their clothing. Otherwise it might take a little bit for guys in the USA to get reviews out/ see the gear in person.  It looks like norfin has usa social media pages though so website shouldn't be far behind?

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Oct 22, 2019, 09:32 PM »
Look at LuckyJohnUSA.com for products. Looks good. Sizing and pricing will be key to success.

oops I see that now, looks like the gear is listed there.
https://luckyjohnusa.com/?fbclid=IwAR2HGRbmvNTsO_UKWcUpFgsVZ1_mnQ2OmbDAzi1KUSr6xmmxvYPxERe787I
https://www.facebook.com/NorfinUSA/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.