Author Topic: Fall Stocking  (Read 1737 times)

Offline AlMacdougal

• IceShanty Rookie
Fall Stocking
« on: Sep 26, 2019, 01:16 PM »
I know F&G does fall stocking in some lakes around by where I live in Southern NH. Some of these lakes are open year round and I hope to have some luck trolling for trout before the lakes ice over. When do they do these stockings? September/October or closer to November?

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Fall Stocking
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2019, 03:08 AM »
I have been going out each weekend trolling and catching rainbows, even the reclaimed ponds are open until oct 15th. there are leftovers there if you hunt for them. I have no idea about fall stocking, try giving fish and game a call in Concord..

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2019, 11:24 AM »
Target hold over trout instead. Better quality fish. Lakes will be empty now that hunting has begun.
Salmonemia

Offline Dickbakers

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2019, 02:41 PM »
 ;D some north country ponds have already gotten October stocking.  More to come to supplement ice fishing hot spots.
Dick

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2019, 04:14 AM »
NH Fish and Game must keep fall stocking a secret, nothing noted about it on their website at all..

Offline Troutsniffer76

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2019, 08:15 AM »
I feel like I remember seeing something about fall stocking last year, but after a quick google search I cant find anything so maybe I'm imagining things.

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2019, 08:18 PM »
Usually it's around deer season when NHF&G puts out the fall stocking report. check out the Hawkeye found at bait stores or Walmart.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 2019, 11:07 PM »
They do it every fall don't bother waiting for an in writing list of stocking report. They typically use the same artice every year to announce a fall stocking. Usually they just change the date. Rest of the information is the same every year. There's plenty to be caught still. If you wait for an official announcement your missing out. Best to fish on you will find trout.
Salmonemia

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 16, 2019, 03:51 AM »
I have to agree with you SALMONEMIA I have been doing just fine with the holdovers. I was going to call it quit after last saturday but I am thinking this saturday morning for my last trolling adventure.

Offline Dirt23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 17, 2019, 06:46 AM »
I talked to a warden last year said if they can like to throw the in right before ice skims over to give them a little time to spread out

Offline AlMacdougal

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 17, 2019, 03:03 PM »
They do it every fall don't bother waiting for an in writing list of stocking report. They typically use the same artice every year to announce a fall stocking. Usually they just change the date. Rest of the information is the same every year. There's plenty to be caught still. If you wait for an official announcement your missing out. Best to fish on you will find trout.

Ya I hear you but I live on Beaver lake in Derry, small body of water with no holdovers

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 19, 2019, 05:22 PM »
I dont know it for a fact but I have been fishing Highland lake every weekend for a while now, went today for my last outing and I marked at least 5x more fish than any other outing since july..Fall stocking?..Could be..

Offline Dickbakers

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Oct 21, 2019, 04:44 PM »
North country unmanaged ponds have all been stocked at least twice this month.  No really big fish thus far, but pretty fish.
Dick

Offline Dickbakers

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 06, 2019, 08:17 AM »
North country  ponds now have amazing numbers of trout. Hardy boat fishermen are catching and releasing dozens per day.  Looks like super ice season. 
Dick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.