Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake Panorama  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Bbushong

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Panorama
« on: Dec 26, 2017, 12:07 PM »
Anyone ever fished lake Panorama? Strongly considering moving out there but want to know that the fishing is good before I start looking.
Also I know it is river fed so I was curious about ice quality? Do people ice fish out There?

Any input is appreciated.
Blake

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
Re: Lake Panorama
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2017, 03:07 PM »
Great crappie bite out there, I have a friend who's family owns Killer Jigs and he's always pulling slabs out of there.

Offline Bbushong

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2017, 05:46 PM »
Thanks for the info! When there isn't ice on the lakes I'm a hard core bass angler. Heard anything about the bass fishing there?

Offline Chili

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2017, 06:25 AM »
Catfish,Bluegill,Crappie,Bass,Walleye,Misc. - in that order is how I'd describe the catch at Panorama. I haven't targeted bass but have caught some nice ones. They have member bass tourneys out there so it should be decent. Ice fishing access varies. Some years you can fish the whole lake, other years the channel and main basin stay open so you need to stick to the coves. I'd call the LPA office, they should be able to get you contact info for the Fin and Feather club, they can give you more info.

Offline ecrooked

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2017, 07:43 AM »
Ive fished there for roughly 19 years. Monster cats during the summer, walleye actually are in the lake, and they are pretty large considering people typically bass fish. Fin and feather does a good job stocking it with walleye. The bass are pretty decent size and numbers. Ive heard people crappie fishing and getting bit off by some large pike. Limited perch are in the lake, I've only caught a dozen or so and they all have been eaters. Red gills dominate the bluegill population. The ice is trickey because its a river system and it all flows to the damn. Id stick to the narrows. Geese are also a major issue, lucky this year about 5 bald eagles have been harassing them and taking a few out. If the geese are out, and the main basin caps, id say the walleye bite would be decent. Used to catch a ton of stripper bass, but had a major kill off.

Offline Bbushong

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2017, 09:41 AM »
Great information guys! I appreciate the help. Sounds like it is good fishing out there. I was afraid the ice would be sketchy. I'm sure a guy could find some good brush piles in the coves to keep busy over the winter. I do bass tourneys all the time so it's good to hear that there is a bass club out there. I'll contact the fin and feather group and get some more details.

Offline D0wnbyth3r1v3r

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2017, 03:02 PM »
I believe you need to live there and or have family to gain access to the lake last since its private. At least that is what I was told last year.

Offline Bbushong

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2017, 04:07 PM »
I understand it is a private lake. I dont intend to fish it without a resident. My company is building a new building and my new office will be in Adel early 2019. The commute wouldn't be bad from the lake. Looking into moving there but of course I had to get some input on the fishing before seriously looking.

Glad some residents were willing to help out!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.