Author Topic: WAXIES? MUMMIFIED OR LIVE?  (Read 3812 times)

Offline Cali009

• Team IceShanty Regular
WAXIES? MUMMIFIED OR LIVE?
« on: Dec 04, 2018, 01:46 PM »
I WOULD SOME INPUT ON THIS SUBJECT.

I USED THE MUMMIFIED ONES LAST SEASON. BUT I WOULD EVERYONE'S INPUT ON THIS SUBJECT.

IS IT WORTH SEARCHING OUT FOR LIVE WAXIES OVER THE MUMMY STYLE WE CAN PURCHASE A THE LOCAL FISHING STORE?
best long underwear on the planet

!* AIRBLASTER *!

Offline PoleJerker

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: WAXIES? MUMMIFIED OR LIVE?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2018, 02:48 PM »
Order them off of the internet  like we do in my parts.  Usually can't find them and cheaper.

Offline Cali009

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2018, 03:11 PM »
Order them of the internet cheaper like we do in my parts.  Usually can't find them and cheaper.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT PRICE.  JUST NOT SURE IF I CAN HAVE A BUG SHIPPED TO CANADA FORM THE USA

!* AIRBLASTER *!

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2018, 03:15 PM »
I DON'T CARE ABOUT PRICE.  JUST NOT SURE IF I CAN HAVE A BUG SHIPPED TO CANADA FORM THE USA
I have no experience with the preserved one. If you can’t have live ones shipped, then go check out local pet stores. ones that deal with reptiles should have waxworms and mealworms.

Offline Cali009

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2018, 03:17 PM »
I have no experience with the preserved one. If you can’t have live ones shipped, then go check out local pet stores. ones that deal with reptiles should have waxworms and mealworms.

Thank you for the idea of a reptile store.   I am clearly not in the mind set to even think like that to caught up in getting all my gear ready. before safe ice arrives in my area

!* AIRBLASTER *!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2018, 06:05 AM »
The preserved ones are just about useless unless the fish are hungry enough to eat anything. Live is way better. Try and find spikes also. Checking out the pet shop is a good idea. They should have something.

Online fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2018, 07:53 AM »
Google how to raise your own. Then you can sell extras to friends. I have done it in the past but always seem to forget until it's too late to start.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2018, 09:58 AM »
Check out Knutsons bait. They have a number formUS and  Canada so I am guessing that you can have them shipped there. The quality of bait is outstanding! The US shipping costs more than the price of the bait, but they get them to you alive!
Now if I just had some safe ice!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2018, 10:02 AM »
Check out Knutsons bait. They have a number formUS and  Canada so I am guessing that you can have them shipped there. The quality of bait is outstanding! The US shipping costs more than the price of the bait, but they get them to you alive!
Now if I just had some safe ice!
Keep it safe! JDL
Sorry the bait in the picture are spikes, but you get the idea.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2018, 06:41 AM »
Preserve your cash and get fresh  ;D

Never had luck with dead waxes.

The business who sells the bait will know about shipping info.

Or

Hit the pet store, price is same if not cheaper.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.