The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Anyone fish Harrison Lake (Willow Creek Res) near Harrison?  (Read 1577 times)

Offline playnpray

• IceShanty Rookie
I was wondering if anyone has fished or fishes Harrison Lake also known as Willow Creek Res. near Harrison.  I recently moved to Butte but haven't made it over there fishing yet.  Any suggestions on where or how to ice fish this lake?
Thanks,
Dave

Offline Icejigs

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Anyone fish Harrison Lake (Willow Creek Res) near Harrison?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2005, 09:28 PM »
Fished it a couple of times, not much luck. Called up a fish bio. and he asked me "if you catch a fish through the ice I want to know" He then told me he had never seen a fish on the ice from that lake too many fresh water shrimp he said. Will try again this year i'm sure. Good luck if you go and let me know how you did.

Offline playnpray

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Anyone fish Harrison Lake (Willow Creek Res) near Harrison?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2005, 12:44 AM »
L.D.H,
  I fished Harrison Lake for the first time this past sat.  It was a beautiful day, ice was over 6", but the fishing was terrible.  Neither my friend or I even had a bite.  There was one other group of about 5 fishermen and they only cought two small browns though they had fished the lake several times before.  I was not too impressed.  I'll think I'll bypass this lake in the future and probably fish Georgetown mostly.  I would like to try out Ruby River Res. sometime in the future though, too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.