Author Topic: ice force catalog  (Read 2780 times)

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
ice force catalog
« on: Jul 17, 2019, 08:30 AM »
http://usa.rapala.com/catalog/2020ice

not much new from these guys this year. 

From looking at the site looks like all trigger x panfish plastics for ice fishing are discontinued.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ice force catalog
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2019, 09:07 AM »
Disappointing.  I was hoping they'd offer something to compete with the Garmin Livescope.  Resting on one's laurels is not the way to grow or even survive in the world of electronics.  The technology advances year after year and what was cutting edge tech a few years ago is old school now.

The other thing worth mentioning is that without any credible competition for the Livescope, Garmin can keep their Panoptix prices high and beyond what most of us can afford.  Competition is a good thing for the consumer.   Hopefully Humminbird or Lowrance step up to the plate with something comparable soon. 

DN   
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2019, 09:15 AM »
looks like the RT9 was cut out too. Seen the price dropping on amazon.

Offline winterbuddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jul 17, 2019, 10:22 AM »
They have an entire page of new innovation products..

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jul 17, 2019, 12:40 PM »
They have an entire page of new innovation products..

LOL!

More overpriced gadgets for an already overpriced, over-hyped shuttle with a proprietary battery.  No thanks! :roflmao:

DN

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jul 17, 2019, 02:53 PM »
also any of those accessories can be had on amazon for way cheaper minus the marcum tag.

is it a fact you can't remove the battery from the shuttle??

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jul 17, 2019, 04:11 PM »
also any of those accessories can be had on amazon for way cheaper minus the marcum tag.

is it a fact you can't remove the battery from the shuttle??

Ran7ger, the last I remember reading here is that the shuttle needed to be returned to Marcum for battery replacement.  That may have changed.  Not sure.  There was a big to-do about it in here.  Yes, I was involved.  :roflmao:

DN

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jul 17, 2019, 04:20 PM »
The shuttle sucks imo but marcum put out a product that was needed and can keep getting too much money for it until there's something similar   ::) 

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jul 18, 2019, 02:23 AM »
Looking at a used shuttle right now, to cut weight on my Marcum LxU. Is the shuttle decent or should I just get a energized outdoors LI battery and mod the standard base to have an led and switch for run and gunning?

Offline winterbuddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jul 18, 2019, 12:51 PM »
It would need to be super cheap, say sub $80, for me to even consider used a good deal.  The three cell lithium batteries marcum uses are not on par with the Dokota or Energized product.  A decent shuttle with a flawed unicorn battery, add used to that, then hand over your pesos?

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Jul 18, 2019, 05:47 PM »
Thanks for sharing the info.  I noticed they/Marcum stopped making the Showdown fish finders so the only option for the guys like me who prefer a vertical display are limited to the LX6, LX7, or LX9 which aren't cheap compared to the Showdowns. 

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jul 18, 2019, 08:52 PM »
Looking at a used shuttle right now, to cut weight on my Marcum LxU. Is the shuttle decent or should I just get a energized outdoors LI battery and mod the standard base to have an led and switch for run and gunning?

Used batteries are a no go imo. Never know how they were treated.

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jul 18, 2019, 10:26 PM »
Thanks for sharing the info.  I noticed they/Marcum stopped making the Showdown fish finders so the only option for the guys like me who prefer a vertical display are limited to the LX6, LX7, or LX9 which aren't cheap compared to the Showdowns.

They still are making and selling them per their website: https://shop.marcumtech.com/product/showdown-troller-2-0/

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Jul 19, 2019, 10:37 AM »
I was referring the the full size version, sorry about the confusion.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jul 19, 2019, 04:18 PM »
Bs on nothing new from rapala .. cause Strike master introduced the lite flight .. a auger with laser blades and a power point for cordless drills!  at I-cast...  just got a email from target walleye and it's in their current email!!  see a 6 and a 8 listed as what's being sold for 2019!

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jul 30, 2019, 01:50 PM »
No more gas augers it looks like. Going all in on the 40v.

Offline Garrett

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jul 30, 2019, 02:13 PM »
No more gas augers it looks like. Going all in on the 40v.

They are still on their website but not in the catalog. Down to only the Strikelite Lazer and Strikelite chipper for options though.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jul 30, 2019, 02:35 PM »

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jul 31, 2019, 01:24 PM »
I'm surprised it took Strikemaster this long to discontinue gas augers. Although I don't understand why eskimo  keeps making more gas models? wonder if Jiffy will even have augers much longer?

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Jul 31, 2019, 03:31 PM »
Lots of guys like the propane and electric augers but there's still lots of old timers like myself who still prefer gas augers.  The nice thing about the gas augers is it's super easy to find someone to work on the motor if you have to unlike the electric or propane augers at least in my neck of the woods.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jul 31, 2019, 04:19 PM »
I'm surprised it took Strikemaster this long to discontinue gas augers. Although I don't understand why eskimo  keeps making more gas models? wonder if Jiffy will even have augers much longer?

Because I'd be willing to bet the majority still uses gas. As mentioned gas can be repaired by anyone with patience and a brain and parts are readily accessible.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Aug 01, 2019, 07:52 PM »
I personally prefer a gas auger, easier to get repaired. Amazon seems to be a cheaper place to get ice fishing equipment.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.