Author Topic: Pontook Reservoir  (Read 732 times)

Offline WhiteMountainFish

• IceShanty Rookie
Pontook Reservoir
« on: Jan 21, 2020, 08:02 PM »
Has anyone been out on Pontook Reservoir recently? I am heading to the area from western ME and am thinking of hitting Cedar Pond or Pontook Reservoir for a change. I assume the ice is fine but have never fished either in the winter. Thanks for the help.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Re: Pontook Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2020, 03:55 AM »
Pontook has probably been frozen since thanksgiving ..mostly pickeral ..might land a few bass and a rogue stocked rainbow..I have fished better places ..
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2020, 10:04 AM »
Yeah, people were fishing it the week before Thanksgiving. I second that there are probably better places to fish.

Offline TonyThunder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2020, 12:36 PM »
I wouldn’t travel from Maine for a place like that, should be bodies of water in your area that produce better.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2020, 04:20 PM »
Cedar has decent rainbows .

Offline Rando5512

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather go fishin'!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2020, 06:30 PM »
There is probably 20 inches of ice there. It’s a fun place to fish if you like flags but mostly junk fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.