Author Topic: Good luck to those that fish this weekend  (Read 2119 times)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Good luck to those that fish this weekend
« on: Mar 29, 2018, 08:58 AM »
 Hope that those of you still at it have a safe and productive finish...
My honey do list is done ( I stopped fishing   a few weeks ago).. time to turn my attention to this old girl ( 1978 Jon dory yellow tail).. she's getting some new electronics ( lowrance Hook2 9TS) .. a long over due hydraulic engine jack ( I fish mainly shallow water).. and a pair of gauges to monitor engine height and water pressure.. as well as a new 4 blade prop for faster hole shots and a little better fuel mileage..

If any of you regulars here take a vacation to the Mass sea cost ( Plum island/Newburyport/Salisbury area) shoot me PM..I'd be happy to treat you to a night of striped bass fishing..

"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Good luck to those that fish this weekend
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2018, 09:33 AM »
I was wondering what the boat was sweet.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2018, 09:44 AM »
Just got back from Florida yesterday great getting back to NH I need some ice time. I'll be out tomorrow and Saturday or Sunday. I'll have to schedule a striped bass charter with you. Went on a LB one in Florida at Stick Marsh bad trip. The guides motor broke down after the first stop. Caught a few small bass and watched another charter catching many and a few that were close to 10 lbs. He gave us a tow back not good my buddy booked the low bid.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2018, 10:09 AM »
Just got back from Florida yesterday great getting back to NH I need some ice time. I'll be out tomorrow and Saturday or Sunday. I'll have to schedule a striped bass charter with you. Went on a LB one in Florida at Stick Marsh bad trip. The guides motor broke down after the first stop. Caught a few small bass and watched another charter catching many and a few that were close to 10 lbs. He gave us a tow back not good my buddy booked the low bid.
breakdowns suck...knock on wood I've never had to be towed home.. I broke a steering cable once...lashed an oar to  the engine and finished the night... you are welcome anytime.. if we stay out too late you can crash at my house and head back in the morning..

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2018, 10:23 AM »
Joe I will certainly hit you up!  If you have any desire to stand on the canal banks let me know.  Got pretty good at extracting cows there late at night when top water is irrelevant! 

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2018, 10:52 AM »
Get er' done Joe! I will definitely take you up on a night trip for some cows. If you are down in my area or just want to take a trip out with me let me know as well. I will put us on some doormat fluke and some pig sea bass with my CC.

meatandmetal - out of curiosity, did you get some sort of refund? 
Just add water.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2018, 11:04 AM »
I was wondering what the boat was sweet.
.. a lot of people think it's a Mako or Wellcraft..

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2018, 12:51 PM »
.. a lot of people think it's a Mako or Wellcraft..

I knew it wasn't one of those and I was trying to zoom in on it to ID it.  I like it.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2018, 01:30 PM »

Here's another picture shows that bow flare. .driest. Center console I've ever been on...I've owned it since 1980.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 29, 2018, 01:50 PM »

Here's another picture shows that bow flare. .driest. Center console I've ever been on...I've owned it since 1980.

That’s a beauty! Love a good striper boat!

Offline JoeGG

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 29, 2018, 02:27 PM »
I’d gladly trade for a trip with me to try for some of those nice browns I get.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 29, 2018, 02:47 PM »
breakdowns suck...knock on wood I've never had to be towed home.. I broke a steering cable once...lashed an oar to  the engine and finished the night... you are welcome anytime.. if we stay out too late you can crash at my house and head back in the morning..

Thanks Joe I'll keep in touch with you.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 29, 2018, 02:53 PM »
Get er' done Joe! I will definitely take you up on a night trip for some cows. If you are down in my area or just want to take a trip out with me let me know as well. I will put us on some doormat fluke and some pig sea bass with my CC.

meatandmetal - out of curiosity, did you get some sort of refund?

Paid him about 2/3 the cost. The other 2 guys live there and had a soft spot I said 1/2 at the most. He was lucky some guys I know wouldn't have given him anything. Can't say I have been on many charters but the ones I have been on the guide will supply the bait. Those bass definitely wanted live shiners not the small ones the big ones. We couldn't find any.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Mar 29, 2018, 03:05 PM »
That is a nice ride Joe! 

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 29, 2018, 07:13 PM »
Very nice Joe. Cant wait to hit the salt with you again soon. That new fishfinder is gonna be sweet.
Salmonemia

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 30, 2018, 01:08 AM »

If you every go to the Daytona/New Smyrna Beach area I know a great guide. Good price and a good resume he put me and a buddy on a bunch of bull redfish

Every fish is a good fish!

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 30, 2018, 07:55 AM »

That is what caught my eye.  I have the same live well.  I fish out of the Piscataqua.  I like to see how others rig their striper boats.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 30, 2018, 08:25 AM »
.. I broke a steering cable once...lashed an oar to  the engine and finished the night...
Only you, Joe.  ;)
Good luck with the improvements to a fishing machine that most all would envy as is!
FWIW, I had a Sea Hunt Triton with a nice bow flare like that.
Pretty dry for a CC, which I love!

ItsmeitsmeitsJSG

« Reply #18 on: Mar 30, 2018, 08:59 AM »
That is what caught my eye.  I have the same live well.  I fish out of the Piscataqua.  I like to see how others rig their striper boats.  Thanks for sharing.

I striper fish in the piscat as well, rigged up my own live well

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 30, 2018, 09:21 AM »
Nice

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 30, 2018, 10:32 AM »
I like that bait well alot..I've had many...I have it rigged so I can run or fill through a through hull or recirculated for when I fish up river with mackerel...I've don't fish day times alot..just early and late season..I vets mainly a night game for me..

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21 on: Mar 30, 2018, 12:57 PM »
Night time is the right time!  Tried to get my craft fired up the other day...needs a starter...and a 4 stroke!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.