Author Topic: HOW MANY DAYS FISHING?  (Read 1861 times)

ice sled

HOW MANY DAYS FISHING?
« on: Sep 30, 2004, 03:04 PM »
Wondering how many days you spend in one winter on the ice. I had 38 days last ice fishing season, going for 40 this year. :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: HOW MANY DAYS FISHING?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2004, 03:14 PM »
I have never kept track of how many days,I know it's alot but never enough.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2004, 03:45 PM »
I think I logged over 50 last year. I usually go 4 times a week, and there's alot of weeks in a U.P. winter!

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2004, 04:56 PM »
maybe anywhere from 15-20 times. I still like to open water trout fish on the colorado in the winter as the rainbows are the biggest then.
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline seaweed01

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2004, 05:02 PM »
I imagine I had at least 45+ days. Most days I start at daybreak
and fish until the fish stop hitting.  Sometimes it's only an hour or
two, but usually most of the morning most days. I'm lucky I only
live 10 min from the small lake I fish the most.

Offline Spicoli

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2004, 05:06 PM »
I go every possible day i can starting late november to the middle of march! i can't ever get enough ice fishing, and here in saskatchewan it stays cold for a long time

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2004, 05:12 PM »
last year i got in 27 days on the ice! hopefully we can beat that this year :tipup:

Offline jigerjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2004, 05:42 PM »
  I'm out at least 3 to 4 time's a week unless there's to much snow. So I guess go out  75 to 100 time's a year. I have a lake 1/2 mile from my house that I go too twice a day sometime.
Always keep your line wet!

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Sep 30, 2004, 06:35 PM »
Twice a weekend from Dec thur March, all I know is here in Mass. the season is not long enough.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Sep 30, 2004, 08:32 PM »
last year was bad at 44. I wanted more but kid wife and I all got sick and cost me some trips. this year Im going more. Last years trips were more quality than other years so I felt it was a better year overall. As long as every year gets better than the one before, Im happy. Altho, if ice was really late, I could do a lot more hunting...... and still get in a lot of fishing after Xmas.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Sep 30, 2004, 09:07 PM »
Last year the kids and I logged around 21 days.  The nice thing about last year was we got to fish a few local derbies and experience the Whitney Point Almost Annual Crappie Derby.  What a good time that was! ;D (We will be back for the 2005 Derby).
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
« Reply #11 on: Sep 30, 2004, 11:38 PM »
Just ten last year, but they were all quality trips. Not having a car and depending on whether friends or family want to go kinda sucks, but when I get a working truck, it's gonna be probably 30+ days a year. Lots of long camp outs on Ruedi, Blue Mesa, and Taylor Reservoir, hunting them lakers.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #12 on: Oct 02, 2004, 10:34 AM »
Nearly every day from first ice until last ice if I can.  Last year I started doing overnighters which I liked a lot.  I'd go Friday nights after the kids went to bed and would fish until lunch time of so on Saturday.  During the week I'd get out about 3 times for 3 or 4 hours.  This year I want to fish a little less during the week and more on weekends.  I also want to fish tipups for walleyes a little more.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 03, 2004, 08:25 PM »
I don't like it here, so I will probably be here for a while.........
 @ www.iceshanty.com  @ www.myfishfinder.com
 @ www.myhuntingforum.com[/si

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Oct 04, 2004, 01:05 PM »
Never enough days in Illinois.  Our season hasn't been starting till the end of Dec. and in a good year lasts till March.

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Oct 04, 2004, 10:21 PM »
Last year was my first ice fishing...I can think of at least 7 specific outings...I suppose there might have been 10.  Of course, up here, you only have a couple of months before using the hand auger I had becomes a lot more work than this flabby guy could handle.  So, I either relied on someone with a power auger or didn't get out that much.  I have rectified that now by picking up a used Jiffy.  Looking forward to ice some time after I put the boat away and hopefully a good number of fish.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 05, 2004, 07:07 PM »
I was only able to get out about 15 times last year. Big dissappointment I would like to get out around 25-30 times this year. :tipup:

smitty

camo_fish

« Reply #17 on: Oct 05, 2004, 07:14 PM »
I was only able to get out about 15 times last year. Big dissappointment I would like to get out around 25-30 times this year. :tipup:

smitty
About the same for me, but this year will be much easier to get out with my son now in preschool/daycare all day. This year it will be, drop son off at school, ice fish all day, pick son up from school, dinner with mom, bed, repeat. Well for my days off that is. 25-30 times shouldn't be a problem this comin ice season, unless I get more hunny to do lists this year.
 :tipup: Can't wait!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.