Author Topic: Aqua-Vu AV Micro II Underwater Camera  (Read 1236 times)

Offline bspurge

• IceShanty Rookie
Aqua-Vu AV Micro II Underwater Camera
« on: Nov 27, 2018, 08:18 PM »
Has anyone had good luck with this camera? Reviews appear to be really good or really bad. I'll be fishing mostly in 10' to 15' of water.

Offline johntom0013

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Aqua-Vu AV Micro II Underwater Camera
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2018, 09:54 PM »
I bought a refurbished one a few years ago and I can’t complain. It’s not as detailed as the more expensive ones but for where I fish it sure does the trick.
Best to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and erase all doubt.

Offline bspurge

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2018, 10:50 PM »
I bought a refurbished one a few years ago and I can’t complain. It’s not as detailed as the more expensive ones but for where I fish it sure does the trick.

If you have any pictures using the camera, could you post them? Also, do you use it to actually watch your bait, or jump from one hole to the next?

Thanks

Offline CrappieJigger29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2018, 11:45 PM »
I have two older models and one doesn't work rn needs parts.   But I put them away ever since I got my vexlar flasher. never had much luck with them.  Scared more fish than they helped catch

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2018, 03:18 PM »
In general they only work well in clear water.  I have used them down to 30 ft for perch when I used to lug the original aqua view around.  I would never put it in the same hole I was fishing out of though.  I always drilled a separate hole about 4 to 5 ft away for the camera and would get it positioned so I could see my lure.  You can learn a lot from it, especially how many bites you get that you never see on your spring, in line movement or feel in the rod.  It can be very frustrating to see all the bites you 'miss'.  It will also show the importance of not having a jig that is spinning in circles.  Unless it is one of those days that rarely happens where they are biting like a kamikazes, the fish will often just stare at a spinning jig until it stops.  In line reels help with line twist and so does changing the line you are using often. 

I would take a finder over a camera any day of the week, but the newer pocket sized mini cameras still can be useful to see what is down there and are easy to deploy and store easily.

Offline bspurge

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2018, 07:09 PM »
In general they only work well in clear water.  I have used them down to 30 ft for perch when I used to lug the original aqua view around.  I would never put it in the same hole I was fishing out of though.  I always drilled a separate hole about 4 to 5 ft away for the camera and would get it positioned so I could see my lure.  You can learn a lot from it, especially how many bites you get that you never see on your spring, in line movement or feel in the rod.  It can be very frustrating to see all the bites you 'miss'.  It will also show the importance of not having a jig that is spinning in circles.  Unless it is one of those days that rarely happens where they are biting like a kamikazes, the fish will often just stare at a spinning jig until it stops.  In line reels help with line twist and so does changing the line you are using often. 

I would take a finder over a camera any day of the week, but the newer pocket sized mini cameras still can be useful to see what is down there and are easy to deploy and store easily.

I've already got a flasher and thought it might be fun to get a camera. Now, I am starting to think a camera might be too much work  :roflmao: I've seen people talk about line twist, but I didn't know the impact it had! Good info

Offline johntom0013

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2018, 08:39 PM »
I don't have any pics of it working. I only used it to see what type of fish were down the hole and to watch and learn how they reacted to different presentations. Without a doubt it taught me that I was not seeing or feeling many bites. As for using it to hole hop, I would rather use the flasher as it would give instant feed back.
Best to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and erase all doubt.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2018, 09:49 PM »
I have both and never leave home without my flasher. Sometimes it is nice to see what types of fish are down the hole and how they react to jigs. Flasher just turns red before I set the hook. Always when it goes from one color to red by setting the hook before you see or feel the strike 90 percent it is fish-on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.