Author Topic: New rubber boot on the market: Striker Ice  (Read 5471 times)

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
New rubber boot on the market: Striker Ice
« on: Sep 06, 2017, 01:16 PM »
Not that we need more boot threads, BUT, Looks like the ever popular outerwear brand is getting into winter boots!  :clap: I definitely enjoy my predator bibs so I will be interested to hear reviews on these boots once people start buying them and it gets cold (I am in the boot market for this coming winter). Anyone here already get to try them out or have more info on them??

Couple main specs:
$139. Removable foot bed, 5mm neoprene uppers with 1200g insulation, rated to -40 degrees F.

http://www.strikerstore.com/product-p/314500.htm

For the record I am not affiliated with StrikeIce.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New rubber boot on the market: Striker Ice
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2017, 06:36 PM »
My Sorels are still serving well since 1990 or so..

They are HUGE, heavy, and warm.. I'd like to get something lighter, some day, but without any sacrifice of warmth.. My Sorels are tough to drive with too..

I'll be watching these..

<°)))>{

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2017, 07:20 AM »
With the weather we have had in the past years here in MN, I have been using my hunting boots from Herters.  They are not totally water proof, but they do their job.  Been walking thru Cabelas more this time of year and just watching to see what there is out there.  Clam had a big sale last spring on their Ice Armors - not sure about these.  Would be interested in what other guys are using. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2017, 01:36 PM »
Do they float??  I love my mucks.  My youngest son, his feet sweat alot, got it from his mother  ;D, so im always on the look out for something for him......may check em out.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 06, 2017, 01:49 PM »
Dollars to donuts that's made by Muck.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2017, 08:52 AM »
Anyone seen these in person yet? I've always worn mickeys but am looking for something lighter since I'm on foot on the ice :tipup:

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2017, 09:43 AM »
Anyone seen these in person yet? I've always worn mickeys but am looking for something lighter since I'm on foot on the ice :tipup:

Not yet, plan to check them out and talk to Striker at the St. Paul Ice show.

Offline potatoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2017, 07:44 PM »
Interesting, I love my bibs also. I am going to see if Scheels will sell them

Offline Rustyfa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2017, 09:32 PM »
I bought a pair this weekend.  I normally wear a size 11 boot but got a size 12 as I felt the 11 was too tight.  Seemed like they are solidly built.  All of our ice will melt this week so it will be a bit before I get to test them out.

I bought these completely because I am so impressed with the Striker Hardwater suit.  I hope that they have the same quality in their boot.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 13, 2017, 10:17 PM »
I bought a pair this weekend.  I normally wear a size 11 boot but got a size 12 as I felt the 11 was too tight.  Seemed like they are solidly built.  All of our ice will melt this week so it will be a bit before I get to test them out.

I bought these completely because I am so impressed with the Striker Hardwater suit.  I hope that they have the same quality in their boot.

Nice! you will have to give us a review once we get some good ice and you have a chance to test them out!

On a side note I see muck came out with a arctic ice model. Just like the pro's I believe but a thicker sole and better traction

Offline Rustyfa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 2017, 10:45 PM »
I haven't gotten out on the ice yet due to this being an extremely busy time in my profession but I have worn moving snow etc.  so far so good.  I ended up going with a size 12 and I normally wear a size 11.  I'll reply when I actually use them for their intended job.

Offline Chris Ossman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:01 PM »
I picked up a pair few weeks ago.  And boots are to each there own.

I have fished with these 6 or 7 times and my feet have stayed warm in pretty cold temps. They are light weight, comfortable and easy to get on and off.  I hope they hold up

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.