Author Topic: Desoto bend  (Read 3862 times)

Offline Wilb3

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Desoto bend
« Reply #30 on: Feb 01, 2013, 02:45 PM »
Alkhunts, I'm interested in fishing Desoto as well.  I will PM you if you don't mind.
Ice fishing is a subculture, one wouldn't understand until they experienced it...

Offline Riverd8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 01, 2013, 05:51 PM »
We fished Desoto Wednesday for a couple hours.  The ice was sketchy in places, and I didn't want to go swimming so I was unable to fish the spots I wanted to fish.  There was open water in a lot of areas around the shore, so boarding the ice was kind of tricky.  We punched about 100 holes and found no active fish in the time we were there.  Be careful around any old pilings as there was open water by many of them, also around any structure coming out of the water including trees.  The ice was noticeably thinner around structure. 

Offline Wilb3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 01, 2013, 08:31 PM »
We fished Desoto Wednesday for a couple hours.  The ice was sketchy in places, and I didn't want to go swimming so I was unable to fish the spots I wanted to fish.  There was open water in a lot of areas around the shore, so boarding the ice was kind of tricky.  We punched about 100 holes and found no active fish in the time we were there.  Be careful around any old pilings as there was open water by many of them, also around any structure coming out of the water including trees.  The ice was noticeably thinner around structure.

100 holes, probably why the ice is sketchy...LOL. Just kidding!
Ice fishing is a subculture, one wouldn't understand until they experienced it...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.