Author Topic: Elwood  (Read 1485 times)

Offline 2old2fish

• IceShanty Rookie
Elwood
« on: Dec 30, 2012, 08:38 AM »
my 2 sons here for a late x-mas my oldest wanted to go 2 elwood since he got me ice fishing last year so we headed out around 10pm we fished till 2:30am only marked 2 fish & walked 3 plus miles trying to find them ice was 6-8" thick everywhere we drilled dropped boys off & i went to sandy channel (elm creek) to finish the night out i should of just stayed @ the houuse & went to bed nothing biting there either

Offline eyewinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Elwood
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2012, 12:31 PM »
I fished Elwood in October and it was totally different from 2011. 

I caught lots of nice crappie during three days on the lake in 2011, and spent a full day this year and did not catch a fish. . .I was told while loading boat that everything was really shallow that day.

If a guy could land on them, crappie & perch should provide some action, I would think.  Glad to hear about the great ice!
"We are hunters. . .when the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice. . ."  Sioux war chief

Offline 2old2fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2012, 12:43 PM »
ya there's no doubt there's nice fish i myself have caught nice ones just hoping i can find them again and get some up threw the ice

Offline rippin-lips

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2012, 06:06 PM »
I was just about to start a thread to see if anyone had tried Elwood yet. We were thinking about going on Tuesday.  Thanks for the report! How were you fishing? Did you try any slabs/ spoons?
I was thinking of running some tip ups for pike and slabbing for wipers & anything else.
Scott Tincher
Clam Pro Staff. ~Power Stick~

Offline 2old2fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2012, 08:11 PM »
we tried spoons,lindy dartes,& teardrops tipped with waxes we have never iced fish this lake any sugestions on how,where any input would be appreciated maybe we can meet tou on the ice sometime

Offline mlwalleye69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2013, 10:08 PM »
Surgurgey must have went well.  Good deal.  See you on the ice at elwood on sunday?  Gas auger works great.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.