Author Topic: New 2011 fishing regulations  (Read 1988 times)

Offline AGPILOT10

• IceShanty Rookie
New 2011 fishing regulations
« on: Dec 28, 2010, 07:48 PM »
Make sure to check the new fishing regulations for Nebraska 2011, Panfish limit and poss that includes perch.  Check for other changes that may affect you.   http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/Fishing/reg_changes.asp
Cut and paste link.

Offline Stutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New 2011 fishing regulations
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2010, 08:13 PM »
Yea i can finally keep a few gills from wildwood now. I catch alot just a hair away from 8'' i think i saw they were taking the size limit off the gills out there.

Offline jimyoumook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2010, 09:06 PM »
be sure to read the new regs carefully they can be a little confusing in places

Offline foot4ball

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2010, 07:54 PM »
I understand the reason for changing the daily bag limit on pan fish but boy that is a big change that they made, going from 30 to 15.  I am glad to see that they did take the slot limits off some of the lakes.

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2010, 05:06 AM »
If you can eat 30 fish (60 fillets) before going out again, you're using the lake as a grocery store. I always thought 30/60 was a pretty generous limit, myself. If you *really* need to bring more home, take a kid or two with you, and add their limit to yours...
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline Eastwesterner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2010, 06:37 PM »
I think we are all missing the import thing here......  And that is that it will be legal to take a nip off the old ripple or down a blue yummy within the confines of the ol' shack w/o fear of a ticket.   Please take an extra bucket for the empties.  Blue and silver cans at the bottom of the lake is not ideal structure. 
Where's the ice

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2010, 06:40 PM »
And after too many Blue yumjmys get someone else to drive you home ;)

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2010, 07:01 PM »
I think we are all missing the import thing here......  And that is that it will be legal to take a nip off the old ripple or down a blue yummy within the confines of the ol' shack w/o fear of a ticket.   Please take an extra bucket for the empties.  Blue and silver cans at the bottom of the lake is not ideal structure. 

Amen.

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2010, 08:10 AM »
The new regs will, in my opinion,  really make the upcoming tournys a LOT mor interesting.  A lot more focus on catching bigger fish for sure.  Like the Merrit tourny,  I wonder how many little fish will be littering up under the ice with people culling.   

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline Crash04

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2010, 01:40 PM »
I think the pan fish limit should be 10.....on all public waters....when the word gets out i've seen good size lakes get cleaned out....then ya have to wait 2 years before you can get a keeper

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2010, 02:35 PM »
Yea i can finally keep a few gills from wildwood now. I catch alot just a hair away from 8'' i think i saw they were taking the size limit off the gills out there.

I interpretted it as negating the 8" size limit on sunfish.  I know bluegill is in the sunfish family, but do you think that's what they mean?

Offline Stutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2010, 03:50 PM »
Yea that's a good question JAM3S i guess i just thought that since they were in the same category of fish that it meant the size limit was off the gills to.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.