Author Topic: first quail hunt of the year.......  (Read 1402 times)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
first quail hunt of the year.......
« on: Oct 10, 2007, 06:01 PM »
 no ice...too warm for bow hunting ...sooooo...  went on a quail hunt....didnt do too bad...6 shots..5 birds..anybody else doing any upland bird hunting ????????????????????????????????????????? :tipup: :unsure: :tipup:

perch@pans

Re: first quail hunt of the year.......
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2007, 07:30 PM »
I went with an old friend to his camp for grouse ,had 20 flushes,still alot of leaves on . Working his young lab  and us with the heat . Great day brought one bird a piece home . I've had GSP's and English pointers but his black Lab was great for the heavy cover.  Dreaming of ICE!!!!!!! :D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2007, 07:38 PM »
hmmmmmm know what ya mean !! grouse opens in another week...buddies dog just got grand master pointer ribbon..need for things weatherwise to get back to normal ::)all these new toys & no where to go...wont need gas auger if this stuff keeps up..... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :tipup: :unsure: :tipup:

Offline PACKMAN241982

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IF THE BEERS SLUSHY GET A STRAW! FLATLANDER
« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2007, 07:47 PM »
I will be deer hunting with the black powder gun in three more days. It would appear that the weather is going to coperate with us. I cant wait
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT!!

chimo

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2007, 08:37 PM »
This weekend. ;D  A buddy from high school and I will be running around after grouse and bushytails.  Can't wait.
good fishing \ hunting

chimo

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2007, 08:49 PM »
I been concentrating mainly on ducks but got out monday for a short walk and got a ruffed grouse
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 10, 2007, 09:37 PM »
A couple of grouse in the bag last Mon/Tuesday.  Many more flushed.  A few shot at and missed.
Leaves are still up.  Dog is a bit young, my 2yr old, GSP, Faz.  I've posted pictures of him on the snow
sled from last year.  He put up several Paahtriges (that's Mainer for Timberdoodles). The local birds are leaving the area, and the migratory ones are starting to move through--well, at least that's what one local tells me.
It was a beautiful long weekend though!  Looking forward to the next several weekends.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2007, 06:18 AM »
This weekend. ;D  A buddy from high school and I will be running around after grouse and bushytails.  Can't wait.
good fishing \ hunting

chimo
hey chimo....hows the schoolin goin down there  ??? watchin out for those pa girls  ;) weather cooling off ..bear destroyed our camp feeder last night...wifezilla said i will be single again if i tag it out....hmmmmmmmmm...so many choices ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D any pa folks hear from jay (srikemaster) ???????? me's alittle concerned about him/mrs.strikemaster& the little one.....we was planning possible tourney. on the pack when lost touch.....hope their okay  :unsure:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 11, 2007, 06:30 AM »
A couple of grouse in the bag last Mon/Tuesday.  Many more flushed.  A few shot at and missed.
Leaves are still up.  Dog is a bit young, my 2yr old, GSP, Faz.  I've posted pictures of him on the snow
sled from last year.  He put up several Paahtriges (that's Mainer for Timberdoodles). The local birds are leaving the area, and the migratory ones are starting to move through--well, at least that's what one local tells me.
It was a beautiful long weekend though!  Looking forward to the next several weekends.
geeze mainedog....paahtriges(timberdoodles) youse maine folks sur' du'es talc funy nu't lik ru's pens'a ticky nim'rods :D ima likin the lingo uppa that way....might have to move wifezilla 1 more time :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: down hear us fools call mr.grouse a..paahtriges..whateve r the name...thems tricky little fellers  to hit ...alot fun (& 20guage shells) though... :blink:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.