Author Topic: Best Time to buy?  (Read 1739 times)

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Best Time to buy?
« on: Oct 09, 2007, 09:02 PM »
I need to upgrade my boots and ice fishing clothing this year.
I have decided on the Lacrosse Icemans for the boots and Carhartt coveralls and jacket. I previewed a few on line retailers and wondered where and for that matter, when is the best time buy ??? Should I send my wife out on "Black Friday'" should I buy now on line ??? How much better are the prices going to get as we get closer to the holiday season  ??? Any advice on the most economical way to acquire these items ??? Thanks

Offline amortec

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • May Your Rattle Reel's Ring Often!!!
Re: Best Time to buy?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2007, 09:29 PM »
You sure have done your home work, Carhartt's & Iceman you will be very warm!  The best time to buy is late in the cold season .... But then you can't allways find the size or style that want or need! If you want them, pull the trigger they will last along time "if you take care off them",I have a pair of Iceman that are over 20 years old and show very little wear, and yes they have been used a lot.  Good luck with your shopping!!
I only work so that I can afford to fish, hunt, & farm

Offline lowbudget

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2007, 10:59 PM »
Check out these guys
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/
Some of their Carharts are seconds but I have ordered a lot of work clothes thru them and have never had a problem. You won't find a better price. You might have to keep checking as all the common sizes go fast.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2007, 05:56 PM »
best times to buy are always "ifey". Prices change all the time, but you need to think about when you need this, as well as the demand at that time...I buy early in the season to ensure I get what I want befor everyone else starts picking up stuff, I dont always get the best price, but I do get the best selection

Offline iowaboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2007, 08:25 PM »
Don't overlook the Cabela's insulated Guidewear. I got the bibs last yr. and they are great!! What I really like is their waterproof so you can get you knees down on the ice and don't have to worry about freezing up. This yr. I'm gonna get the matching Parka.

Offline XII Outdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • never fear the night, "The Star" shines bright
« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2007, 09:51 PM »
I bought an Ice Armor suit last year at Gander Mtn. in the beginning of January.  There wasn't ice at that time in central NY because it had been so warm.  The suit was marked down $100.00 so I could not pass it up.  I got lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!  Good luck
XII Outdoors............Ti mes-Two Outdoors

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.