Author Topic: What is the benefit of joining the ice shanty militia?  (Read 1896 times)

Offline anderson_dc

• Team IceShanty Addict
Im thinking about joining and was curious what benefits there are to do so.  Also, if you join at one "level" do you always have to stay at the level or can you move, down, or quit after your year/month/etc is up?  Thanks in advance!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: What is the benefit of joining the ice shanty militia?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2007, 09:59 AM »
Im thinking about joining and was curious what benefits there are to do so.  Also, if you join at one "level" do you always have to stay at the level or can you move, down, or quit after your year/month/etc is up?  Thanks in advance!
#1 reason is to keep this board open and Help out the owners on the costs of the site     registrations,storage, bandwidth ect.   I'm sure it ain't no gold mine   but it does sure insure that ICESHANTY.COM will be there when we log on!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2007, 12:15 PM »
plus the cool iceshanty products you receive and a milita board that only other milita members can see.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2007, 01:08 PM »
Number one reason is to support the site.  Nothing in life is free and this is only a small token to help keep this site up and running. 

Reminder:  My militia membership just ran out from last year and I gotta renew it.  ;D
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2007, 01:18 PM »
Number one reason is to support the site.  Nothing in life is free and this is only a small token to help keep this site up and running. 

Reminder:  My militia membership just ran out from last year and I gotta renew it.  ;D
yea the left side of your screen under your name looks bare  lol

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2007, 09:48 PM »
You can always move levels year to year or stop all together, but why would you? This is a great site with a wealth of information. You will not find another site where a group of like minded individuals will so openly share tips and advice.

Besides all of the excellent swag you get with your membership you help keep this information highway open and running well. I personally feel it is my obligation to be a member since I spend so much time on the site. I have never looked to get anything for free so the small amount of money it costs to join is a real bargain considering what I get out of it.

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's called Leinenkugels and it means Great Beer!
« Reply #6 on: Sep 29, 2007, 09:53 PM »
Looking at joining the militia, just a quick question, is the cost a yearly thing? i.e. $30. - $50. - $75. per year?

If your going to play Russian Roulette, use a gun with a clip and don't go first!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2007, 07:44 AM »
Looking at joining the militia, just a quick question, is the cost a yearly thing? i.e. $30. - $50. - $75. per year?
yes   

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Sep 30, 2007, 07:46 AM »
but it just helps keep this time consuming operation of a board open to include the lurkers that just read   bandwidth is expensive

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #9 on: Sep 30, 2007, 08:17 AM »
I have seen it posted befor, that the membership cost is less then the cost we sepnd on fishing mag each season, and we get way mor out of this site then all the mags combined

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Oct 02, 2007, 06:23 AM »
Especially where if we are lucky there are only 2 magazines takes 10 min to read them each  and we have this wonderful site that we can come to 365 days a year for an unlimited amount of time

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.